Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Who is Brand REALLY working with or reporting to?

The data page definitely hinted that she is also playing them as well and has her own plans outside of Orchis. Involving Mars.

The yet again repeated Judas name drop is probably the answer but she's 100% not totally Orchis.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Who is Brand REALLY working with or reporting to?

The data page definitely hinted that she is also playing them as well and has her own plans outside of Orchis. Involving Mars.

The yet again repeated Judas name drop is probably the answer but she's 100% not totally Orchis.
    Good Point. I don't know.

I'm also curious by what she meant by " If i'm not on one side, I must be on the other" that connects to this Juda thing you mentioned PopCulturePooka.

Andy ideas what that meant?

Has Brand been lobotimized off-screen? Because it looks like her IQ has dropped 60 points...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Good Point. I don't know.

I'm also curious by what she meant by " If i'm not on one side, I must be on the other" that connects to this Juda thing you mentioned PopCulturePooka.

Andy ideas what that meant?
    This is I think the third or fourth Judas hint, after the Marauders annual and most obvious, Giant Size Thunderbird, which showed Judas = old Spiderman villain Judas Traveller. Who also is in with Orchis but running his own game. I think there was one more Judas mention, but can't remember where.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    This is I think the third or fourth Judas hint, after the Marauders annual and most obvious, Giant Size Thunderbird, which showed Judas = old Spiderman villain Judas Traveller. Who also is in with Orchis but running his own game. I think there was one more Judas mention, but can't remember where.
    I have NO IDEA. The Only ones I know that are going to betray Orchis is Nimrod and Karima that's it. I'm looking at the Fourth Petal Brand mentioned as "Their Pet Judas" is yet to be seen. It has been redacted.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Orlando, who co-wrote the Thunderbird one-shot that namedropped a Judas member of Orchis, also referenced Judas in the Marauders Annual. I think its a pretty safe bet that those are not super subtle nods to it being Judas Traveller who has never been particularly X-book associated despite being a mutant, and is certainly self-serving enough to join up with Orchis despite being a mutant. He's not exactly the solidarity type....and hell, he's spent years insisting he's not a mutant just because he likes to pretend to have more unique/esoteric origins for his powers. The only weird thing about it being Judas Traveller, assuming it is him, is historically he's not much of a team player and tends to do things solo, but its not a definitive trait or anything so hardly a dealbreaker precluding it from being him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Has Brand been lobotimized off-screen? Because it looks like her IQ has dropped 60 points...
    She's being written the exact same way as she was in SWORD so I'm not seeing the confusion. The only difference is that she's admitted to underestimating Storm and her affect on the Arakki people. Like she said she thought she would be getting the "Queen of Wakanda" Storm (beautiful, regal, patient, and empathetic but ultimately a figurehead and ineffectual) Instead she's getting Queen of the Morlocks, leader of the misfits. Which in my opinion highlight and even bigger problem with Brand's handling of Storm. She keeps trying to put Ororo in a box.

Brand's strength and weakness is the fact that she's a highly analytical person and approaches individuals as such, people aren't people. Her problem with Storm is that she's trying to categorize Storm as only ONE THING, Queen of Wakanda/Queen of the Morlocks. But as issue #1 highlighted Storm isn't just one thing. She's a Queen, a thief, a warrior, a friend, a Mother, and a Goddess.

Extraordinary Member

I think Brand's "Judas" comment is more a reference to the biblical Judas who betrayed Jesus referring to Brand 'betraying' Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think Brand's "Judas" comment is more a reference to the biblical Judas who betrayed Jesus referring to Brand 'betraying' Krakoa.
    I think people are misunderstanding the data page Brand wasn't referring to HERSELF as Judas she said "If I'm not on one side I must be on the other LIKE their pet Judas in Fourth Petal." Fourth Petal most likely referring to the Orchis organizational structure.

We all know Brand is working both sides against each other.

i don't know what to think of x men red i love learning about the arakki story and the new ororo team, but i hate what al ewing is doing with abigail brand at the moment he is ruining the character this betrayal still makes no sense for me the last time we saw her with mutants before the krakoa era she teamed up with ororo to save deathbird and had no problem with mutants, I don't understand abigail's behavior towards mutants are contempt towards eu and her desire to hurt them comes out of nowhere without any explanation or justification she seems to take pleasure in taking it out abigail is always concerned about mutants she said it several times in her magneto when she helped magneto to escapeshe said it several times when she helped magneto to escape cyclops and illyana from shield prison in avx Consequently, she is not only a mutant but also the commander of the sword supposed to protect the galaxy and now she betrays the mutants and sends machines to kill innocent mutants arraki like a common murderer seriously? she knows about juda from giant size x men who work for orchis so she knows that they kidnap and kill mutants to recover their dna and that's no problem for her.

She helps orchis to recover mutants to strengthen orchis and put them on par with krakoa seriously?? it's stupidity without name and it can turn against her seriously how abigail who always wanted to protect people now finds herself working with orchis, orbis stellaris and soon the chitauri??? the same chitauri who attacked abigail and captain marvel and wanted to destroy the earth during secret empire, it's inconsistent. She has the snakwar assassinated in sword 5 to avoid a war, she explains to magneto that she also had the zn'rx assassinated because her home planet was destroyed by the snakwar and she doesn't want it to happen again elsewhere and yet she is about to suffer the same fate as that planet has krakoa and arakko ... nonsense.
    the only "ally" she has found and with whom she works are all genocidal sociopaths who destabilize the galaxy and are dangerous for the sol system... sorry but it's ridiculous and absolutely cliché who does she intend to protect in this way? how can she say that the mutants will destabilize the galaxy and are not ready for that when we see who she works with... her words are contradictory

then seriously how little she speaks with respect of orchis and karima in her data page (she seems to be wary of karima) they are monsters who have killed more mutants and humans even children since their implementation road that all arakki and krakoan have would say that she has more respect for orchis than for mutants it makes no sense.
    For the moment despite using them abigail doesn't seem to want to destroy orchis from the inside she says she will go with the winner krakoa or orchis but who would like to have nazis like orchis in the galaxy instead that mutant her allies and friends with whom she has saved the world several times and who have everything to succeed and have never been so powerful?

Seriously Betray Mutants:
    who have resurrection protocols, can terraform planets and have jamie braddock spawning spaceports and starships whenever he wants does that make sense for someone like abigail? what prevents abigail from having the sol system by remaining on the side of the mutants?
    How can she want to eliminate mutants and deprive the galaxy of superheroes, it makes no sense, what happened to Abigail between the end of empyre aftermath or she slaps carol because the avengers warned no one and innocent people were killed by the coatis, are they recruiting a sword until that betrayal that comes out of nowhere? that it is he to pass for that abigail goes from commander of the sword ready to do anything to protect the galaxy for years to another generic murderous traitor with an evil smile who wants to genocide innocent mutants without any reason, explanation or logic for justify his behavior that made a 180 degree turn as incoherent and ridiculous as moira, the x office had a contest to see which one will write and ruin the best our favorite mutants have? criticized a lot percy and moira's treatment but abigail is also bad written for the moment and moira has at least the excuse of being crazy and thinking of having been betrayed by krakoa to try to justify her insane behavior, even nature girl is more coherent lol.

At the moment the poor characterization of abigail prevents me from fully appreciating x-men red, Ewing is a good writer but I think Brand's characterization is a faux pas. I love her both as a mutant ally and as someone with her own interests, but not as a shameless backstabber.

I can kind of understand mutant baddies like mikhail working with anti mutants, The problem is that Brand was never portrayed as having bad intentions, she was always the Nick Fury / Maria Hill of the X-Men not to mention she's already gone out of her way to help the X-Men. mutants inwhedon or Gillen's race.

i'm rereading abigail's run now and i think the character has nothing to do with what al ewing has done with her now i find her even softer than i thought at the time, maria hill has always been good worse and yet she did not end up at orchis her.
    I would have preferred that kieron gillen continued to write abigail it was he who had made her a mutant who despite that coldness protected and helped the mutant cause in secret

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She's being written the exact same way as she was in SWORD so I'm not seeing the confusion. The only difference is that she's admitted to underestimating Storm and her affect on the Arakki people. Like she said she thought she would be getting the "Queen of Wakanda" Storm (beautiful, regal, patient, and empathetic but ultimately a figurehead and ineffectual) Instead she's getting Queen of the Morlocks, leader of the misfits. Which in my opinion highlight and even bigger problem with Brand's handling of Storm. She keeps trying to put Ororo in a box.

Brand's strength and weakness is the fact that she's a highly analytical person and approaches individuals as such, people aren't people. Her problem with Storm is that she's trying to categorize Storm as only ONE THING, Queen of Wakanda/Queen of the Morlocks. But as issue #1 highlighted Storm isn't just one thing. She's a Queen, a thief, a warrior, a friend, a Mother, and a Goddess.
    Yeah, I don't think Brand is going to get what she wants. As someone pointed out to me Abigail Brand has already suffered 4 L's already.
    -The Failed Assaciantion Attempt on Xandra
    -S.W.O.R.D Station being saved by Eden from falling from Orbit.
    -Disrupt Krakoa/Arakkii relation ships.
    -Create an X-Men Team that the Arakki will look up too and LOVE.

AND I believe Abigail's plan to put Vulcan on the Great Ring will backfire, because we know by the Solicitations that Magneto is going to replace Tarn. so that's L #5.

Abigail Brand is racking up L's and Storm and her Team are racking up W's.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 05-18-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I love Storm but man how is she able to beat Vulcan like that lol goodness.

Also I really do hope that the Fisher King has some type of transformation I just don't like the human passing Arrako bit.

Matello roasting that one Arraki for dying was funny though

Manifold having Brand pegged was unexpected but I like it. I kind of wished he would have tried to get the others to see his side even if it failed just I hear everyone else's thoughts on the situation

Lastly its about the powers of the Arraki I don't think what they were using was their mutant powers it seemed more like magic. If that is the case then maybe this will finally touch of the seeds of Apoc talking about the ancient magic of mutants. The Arraki must have passed down that knowledge thoughout their time on Amenth.
    Politely?

I could not disagree more.

That entire team of Secret Warriors that he was a member of have seen some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Less powerful than Storm whose powers were literally blinked away by Tarn.
    Negative.

Is he not the trained veteran that Storm is?

Sure.

Is he less powerful than Storm?

Whole other kettle of fish.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I mean, obviously its a reference to that as well, but the Judas member of Orchis was first mentioned by Orlando in the Marauders Annual, and referring to a character named Judas AS a 'Judas' in a nod to their identity that doesn't outright reveal it from the get-go is the kind of double-meaning Orlando definitely has a fondness for slipping into his work.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Negative.

Is he not the trained veteran that Storm is?

Sure.

Is he less powerful than Storm?

Whole other kettle of fish.
    She just proved that she was
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 05-18-2022 at 08:27 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!