Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    As I understand it, the Waiting Room doesn't actively "record" mutants, it initially only contained the anima of mutants who died before Cerebro came online or potential mutants who died before their X-gene activated. If a mutant wishes to be revived via the Waiting Room as an alternative to the Crucible, they must first enter the physical space of it as detailed in ToM #5, otherwise if they have already been recorded by Cerebro and they die they will be resurrected via normal res protocols using their latest Cerebro update and the Waiting Room will not contain their information.
    Like I said...who has time for that mess? At best it will explain how some obscure mutant who died decades ago suddenly shows up as background scenery in a panel somewhere. Other than that...it really isn't "useful" in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-20-2022 at 10:18 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Like I said...who has time for that mess? At best it will explain how some obscure mutant who died decades ago suddenly shows up as background scenery in a panel somewhere. Other than that...it really isn't "useful" in the grand scheme of things.
    Agreed. Leave it where it's at until a competent writer wants to do something with it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    On this occasion she beat his ***, but if he is fully focused, she surely might lose.

Vulcan is confirmed to be one of the most Powerful Energy Manipulators in The Entire Galaxy. Do not forget he slaughtered Banshee, Corsair and half of the Imperial Guard single handed. You should not take Gabriel lightly.
    If Vulcan fully focused. Storm still owns him like she owned Scott without powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    On this occasion she beat his ***, but if he is fully focused, she surely might lose.

Vulcan is confirmed to be one of the most Powerful Energy Manipulators in The Entire Galaxy. Do not forget he slaughtered Banshee, Corsair and half of the Imperial Guard single handed. You should not take Gabriel lightly.
    I think the fight would last longer but the odds still favor Storm for all the reasons listed in the issue. Storm outclasses Vulcan by miles when it comes to experience (Brand flat out admits this) and lets not even get into her willpower compared to his. THAT is what gave her the quick and easy victory. Them showing up and throwing power vs power against each other not only would have more than likely killed everyone around them but probably would've done irreparable harm to planet.

People seem to forget that Storm's energy manipulating capabilities (though scattered throughout her long history) are just as powerful if not more powerful than anything Vulcan has done. The fabled Galactic Core feat is a prime example of her high end energy manipulation feat. Another is when she repaired a entire dimension when the dimensions own embodiments of nature couldn't do it.

And lastly one thing people seem to forget is that all of these fights Vulcan has is against people who are not on his level of raw power when it comes to energy manipulation whereas Storm has been switching Hurricanes on and off with a thought since she was a teenager. A quick google search can tell you how much power is in an average hurricane and we've seen Storm channel and dispersed storms that has covered hemispheres. He can boost his physicals via his energy manipulation to go up against people like Black Bolt but Storm kept him from accessing anything so at this point at BEST he was at baseline human strength levels which is something Storm is more than capable of dealing with.

Her energy manipulation usually displays itself as weather and Ewing even kept that part in. Notice the sound effect/lightning exiting Gabe's body. She turned all the energy he was hurling at her into something she could easily control with no real effort required and her control over HIS energy was so all-encompassing that he couldn't even take control of such a basic form of energy.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

The Storm-Vulcan showdown was awesome. Also, after Hope’s use of Mysterium in IXM, does anyone else think it makes sense for Cable to upgrade his T-O arm to have a Mysterium outer shell? Instant anti-magic defense, almost as unbreakable as adamantium, lightweight, etc. Lots of advantages.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Forget that. Hellion needs mysterium prosthetic hands, so he can slap the magic out of his enemies. Just pimp-slap Doctor Doom and become thr new leader of Latveria. (Hellveria?)
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Forget that. Hellion needs mysterium prosthetic hands, so he can slap the magic out of his enemies. Just pimp-slap Doctor Doom and become thr new leader of Latveria. (Hellveria?)
    Why not just a series of movable plates he assembles to gloves and can fire off to grab or rocket punch people from across the room with them, or dissamble to turn into remote controlled projectiles?

Like those secret police earth benders in Avatar who wore gloves made of stone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I think the fight would last longer but the odds still favor Storm for all the reasons listed in the issue. Storm outclasses Vulcan by miles when it comes to experience (Brand flat out admits this) and lets not even get into her willpower compared to his. THAT is what gave her the quick and easy victory. Them showing up and throwing power vs power against each other not only would have more than likely killed everyone around them but probably would've done irreparable harm to planet.

People seem to forget that Storm's energy manipulating capabilities (though scattered throughout her long history) are just as powerful if not more powerful than anything Vulcan has done. The fabled Galactic Core feat is a prime example of her high end energy manipulation feat. Another is when she repaired a entire dimension when the dimensions own embodiments of nature couldn't do it.

And lastly one thing people seem to forget is that all of these fights Vulcan has is against people who are not on his level of raw power when it comes to energy manipulation whereas Storm has been switching Hurricanes on and off with a thought since she was a teenager. A quick google search can tell you how much power is in an average hurricane and we've seen Storm channel and dispersed storms that has covered hemispheres. He can boost his physicals via his energy manipulation to go up against people like Black Bolt but Storm kept him from accessing anything so at this point at BEST he was at baseline human strength levels which is something Storm is more than capable of dealing with.

Her energy manipulation usually displays itself as weather and Ewing even kept that part in. Notice the sound effect/lightning exiting Gabe's body. She turned all the energy he was hurling at her into something she could easily control with no real effort required and her control over HIS energy was so all-encompassing that he couldn't even take control of such a basic form of energy.

I think her quote of “a flame dancing in the wind. I am the hurricane” pretty much sums up everything. She no mere breeze. She is power and she is raw. She is the hurricane and that will snuff out any fire that’s inside him.

It has been so awesome to see Storm so assured and powerful and confident. I feel like we haven’t seen this Storm in far too long. I’m living for it

Ok, so Storm beats Vulcan given her experience level...so just how horrifying is it going to be when the idiot goes against Tarn? And on the small chance that he does win and because i was not a fan of the whole he got beat by a knife of all things (i mean Hellions built him up to be nightmare fuel for his people hence my feelings on the matter) after really messing Storm up so if he is going to lose, which i hope not because i do not want Brand to pull off this plan of hers, then at least make the loss something fitting for the character and not something that leaves a bitter taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I think her quote of “a flame dancing in the wind. I am the hurricane” pretty much sums up everything. She no mere breeze. She is power and she is raw. She is the hurricane and that will snuff out any fire that’s inside him.

It has been so awesome to see Storm so assured and powerful and confident. I feel like we haven’t seen this Storm in far too long. I’m living for it
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Why not just a series of movable plates he assembles to gloves and can fire off to grab or rocket punch people from across the room with them, or dissamble to turn into remote controlled projectiles?

Like those secret police earth benders in Avatar who wore gloves made of stone.
    That's a great idea. We need to tech this bitch out the ass. Plates, anti-magic, rocket punches, prophetic hands. Give him the works.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

I'm starting to think the shell thing is a hint. That's a very specific word for Brand to use and the same words used by those who tampered with Vulcan. Maybe these are the aliens brand are related to or is she potentially working with them as well.

Also on a side x-men red 2 also mentions the waiting room as "the mutant afterlife" if it's the after life one would assume that is where mutants would go when they die. Which is where i originally got the impression from. Granted the next line does mention older souls but then it makes me think now well if it's just there for past people what happens to the waiting room when it's empty. Or does someone just walking in seperate them from cerebro. I do think these are important questions that add a lot of context to the story and don't need to be explored or expelled on that deeply to offer clarity.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The Storm-Vulcan showdown was awesome. Also, after Hope’s use of Mysterium in IXM, does anyone else think it makes sense for Cable to upgrade his T-O arm to have a Mysterium outer shell? Instant anti-magic defense, almost as unbreakable as adamantium, lightweight, etc. Lots of advantages.
    I would love this! That would be a great idea. Being on the cosmic stage I want to see Cable get the chance to unleash.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Vulcan will be a growing threat the closer he comes to being his true self. Tarn is screwed.

Speaking of screwed, now taking bets on Roberto's next rebirth once Gabriel realizes he's been sleeping with his wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Vulcan will be a growing threat the closer he comes to being his true self. Tarn is screwed.

Speaking of screwed, now taking bets on Roberto's next rebirth once Gabriel realizes he's been sleeping with his wife!
    I think Tarn will be just fine. Arakko isn't the Shi'ar Empire and he's gonna learn that the hard way.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!