Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I liked this issue. I'm glad Storm made short work of Vulcan rather than going for a full on fight. I don't know who would win such a fight but the loser would most probably be the inhabitants of Mars/Arakko. It looks like Vulcan will become a headache for Storm thanks to Brand's manipulations. Only thing that's bothering me is why is Cable in Brand's team. He seems oblivious to Brand's machinations though maybe he's playing her, I don't know.
    Oh, he's definitely playing her. Even if he didn't have future knowledge, it isn't hard to smell Brand's BS if you're as experienced as Nathan.

Plus he was being unusually quiet during Brands explanation of change of focus, which is another tip-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same here. And Cable.
    I'm pretty sure Cable knows and is just playing along to figure out her plan and bide his time before making his play. The solicits essentially imply as much, talking about him playing his own game or something along those lines. I'm sure we'll see what he knows or doesn't know in the next couple of issues.

Also, I'm really interested in why understanding how exactly Cable controls the T-O virus with his telekinesis is of such interest to Brand. It says on one of the data pages that she orchestrated this attack specifically so she could understand that. I'm also interested in why his virus has seemingly mutated and looks different now (see my avatar). Lots of questions for this fan, but I'm intrigued and onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh, he's definitely playing her. Even if he didn't have future knowledge, it isn't hard to smell Brand's BS if you're as experienced as Nathan.

Plus he was being unusually quiet during Brands explanation of change of focus, which is another tip-off.
    Yep. That's exactly my read of the situation as well.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I want Frenzy to break her back when all is said and out there.
    Honestly I feel Frenzy is wasted in this book, not that she doesn't get any action but she is better served leading her own team of ex Acolytes in a real inter stellar adventure(Marauders just doesn't have the vibe) Though if her role grows on Mars,I'm cool

I really like having Cable and Frenzy on the same team here. The rest of the squad is kind of "meh" honestly, but those two together on the same squad has potential IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I really like having Cable and Frenzy on the same team here. The rest of the squad is kind of "meh" honestly, but those two together on the same squad has potential IMO.
    Just don't make them hooked up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Just don't make them hooked up please.
    Nah. I wasn't even thinking that. It's just the nexus of a cool team there with the two of them. At least IMO. She's a former mercenary, after all. And was also a mutant terrorist at one point, while Cable himself was also considered a terrorist by SHIELD and Department K. So them finding some common ground as teammates makes sense to me.

I love Storm but man how is she able to beat Vulcan like that lol goodness.

Also I really do hope that the Fisher King has some type of transformation I just don't like the human passing Arrako bit.

Matello roasting that one Arraki for dying was funny though

Manifold having Brand pegged was unexpected but I like it. I kind of wished he would have tried to get the others to see his side even if it failed just I hear everyone else's thoughts on the situation

Lastly its about the powers of the Arraki I don't think what they were using was their mutant powers it seemed more like magic. If that is the case then maybe this will finally touch of the seeds of Apoc talking about the ancient magic of mutants. The Arraki must have passed down that knowledge thoughout their time on Amenth.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I really enjoyed this. Manifold catching on to Brand and leaving was great, although I do hope we see him again. I'm not sure that I believe Frenzy would stay, but I guess I can sort of see her finding a purpose with SWORD and wanting to hold on to that, even if i don't think she would support Brand's plans for Arakko. Loved everything about the Brotherhood, the Storm vs Vulcan fight, and learning more about Arakki culture. Looking forward to Vulcan vs Tarn, it would be ironic if Tarn is the one who discovers that Gabriel has been tampered with. I really like Caselli's art, but so far in this series he's been drawing male characters a lot more buff than he used to and it can sometimes make things feel stiff and awkward, he also needs to work on consistently drawing Storm's new costume, those cutouts move around a bit.

Solid book. Satisfies on so many levels.

Brand aiming Vulcan at Tarn seems like a setup. I’m guessing Brand has arranged for Tarn to do Tarn’s genetic manipulation and enslavement thing to Vulcan. Looking forward to seeing more.

What's interesting is the next issue's cover and solicit seems to imply that it's Magneto who ends up taking on Tarn, and not Vulcan.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

awesome issue im still in bliss!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Tarn is going to fk him up.
    Are people forgetting how powerful Vulcan is???
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I see Ewing trying to explain away Sway and Petras' apparance in Hickman's run but this makes no sense bc Petra was in New Mutants. Not a backround cameo, but she got named and everything

Maybe the Petra in New Mutants was the projection. It was able to move and act even without Vulcan nearby, or he was secretly lurking in the distance to keep her around.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I see Ewing trying to explain away Sway and Petras' apparance in Hickman's run but this makes no sense bc Petra was in New Mutants. Not a backround cameo, but she got named and everything
    I mean, Xavier literally said that the energy construct of Petra was able to leave the Summers House and go to Krakoa, where 'she' took part in the training exercise you're talking about. "I even allowed "Petra" to visit Krakoa -- to teach a class of students! -- in the hope that this might be a way for Vulcan to lose his distrust of the island."

Its like. Right there on the page.