Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I agree Brand's gotten way less subtle but I think that's largely intentional on her part. Just conserving her scheming energy, lol. I mean, look at the page where she does the next closest thing to straight up admitting she spaced Gyrich....she's like 'assuming I stopped giving a crap about covering my ass there, do any of you really care?' And they were like no ma'am. Except for Cable who was like literally the only person I care about in this room is my gun so that's where my attention is are we done here yet?

But my point being....I think Brand's just savvy enough to know when its not worth it to keep up an act that the other person isn't really buying. She knew Eden was on to her, so she was like, yeah, I'm not gonna put in the effort to try and fix that....he's a smart dude, it is what it is, time to just roll with it.

Same thing with Ororo. Honestly I think by the end of SWORD Brand was just like....yeah this woman is never going to be my patsy and the ship has sailed on her ever genuinely trusting me because well, I'm shady as hell and she knows how to spot shady. Storm may not have been specifically clued in to Brand's allegiances and intentions as of the end of SWORD or even as of now, like I don't think she expects that Brand is allied with Orchis of all groups....but she's long past the point of actually trusting Abigail and Abigail I think is just the kind of person who's like yeah I see that, I respect that, I'll keep up the plausible deniability thing to keep my ass out of the Hole for blatant treason, but I'm too busy plotting galactic domination to invest much time in trying to convince these people I'm not just three Machiavellian schemes stacked on top of each other, wearing a trenchcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And they were like no ma'am. Except for Cable who was like literally the only person I care about in this room is my gun so that's where my attention is are we done here yet?
    LOL. Funny because it’s true. I loved that scene…

Brand: “And for the record? Let’s say — as a hypothetical — that I did throw Henry Peter Gyrich out of an airlock. Is there anyone left in this room who’d have a problem with that?”

Everyone Else:

Cable: “Clk-Clak!”

But I do think Cable knows more about Brand’s duplicity than he’s letting on, and that will become apparent in the next couple of issues. Can’t wait for June 15!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

One thing i will add that is being overlooked and i'm certainly not understanding how it is still being used if Wanda made it possible for mutants to be brought back pre cerebro because of the waiting room, that would mean their consciousness should be their waiting for resurrection as we have seen with thunderbird. So why would the excuse of memories being missing still be a thing if their consciousness should be in the waiting room. I would have thought the vague memories of death thing would have went away as in theory it should be : you die, your consciousness ends up in mutant heaven/waiting room and then being inserted into your body from there.

For example. Brand saying Cable would come back but implying he would be missing some details.
    Selene coming back and being supposedly groggy or not fully there per hope in immortal.

But if they are in the waiting room they should now come back ready to go, i would assume or that is where it seemed like it was going. They would still need an update on things they don't know but they shouldn't be groggy or forgetful of what they did.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-19-2022 at 07:53 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

It is getting a little ridiculous how powerful and far reaching Orchis (and Stellaris) are. Even taking into account the future knowhow of Nimrod/Omega Sentinel, the enemies of Krakoa seem a little too knowledgeable and well prepared. It is bordering on "how is Tony Stark able to have anything worth paying alien subcontractors to build a space station" level of handwaving. Suddenly they are able to manipulate Progenitors, who for all intents and purposes in the previous portrayals, are similar to Celestial-type of beings.

On a meta-level, Brand (through Stellaris) being able to order a 'monster-of-the-week' feels somewhat patronizing.

Other than that, Fisher King and Manifold won the issue with their decisions.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Damn. Ewing Kenny'd Cable.

I forgot Random was even there. lmao.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One thing i will add that is being overlooked and i'm certainly not understanding how it is still being used if Wanda made it possible for mutants to be brought back pre cerebro because of the waiting room, that would mean their consciousness should be their waiting for resurrection as we have seen with thunderbird. So why would the excuse of memories being missing still be a thing if their consciousness should be in the waiting room. I would have thought the vague memories of death thing would have went away as in theory it should be : you die, your consciousness ends up in mutant heaven/waiting room and then being inserted into your body from there.

For example. Brand saying Cable would come back but implying he would be missing some details.
    Selene coming back and being supposedly groggy or not fully there per hope in immortal.

But if they are in the waiting room they should now come back ready to go, i would assume or that is where it seemed like it was going. They would still need an update on things they don't know but they shouldn't be groggy or forgetful of what they did.
    In the case of Cable, I think she just meant that he would come back but his memories would only be intact up to the most recent backup in Cerebro. So I took it as he wouldn’t remember anything that happened after that, and perhaps the events surrounding his “death” were post his last backup?

That’s how I interpreted it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    In the case of Cable, I think she just meant that he would come back but his memories would only be intact up to the most recent backup in Cerebro. So I took it as he wouldn’t remember anything that happened after that, and perhaps the events surrounding his “death” were post his last backup?

That’s how I interpreted it anyway.
    Me too, but i don't understand why that would be the case because in theory they should go to mutant heaven now when thye die so short of having their memories tampered with i would think Cable would be current up to the point he was shot by the Progenitor. (I would think cerebro backups would no longer be necessary. Unless of course krakoa just wants to keep collecting intel from the mind of it's inhabitants.)

With the waiting room wanda not only restored mutants but the potential for privacy again.

And in the headspace i'm in right now from posting and reading your post in Immortal thread i have to wonder if Hope has been tampering with Cable to make him stronger or more effective as she resurrects him. Given what she did to Selene it is not out of the realm of possibility hope may be consciously changing her loved ones to make them stronger in order to protect them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Me too, but i don't understand why that would be the case because in theory they should go to mutant heaven now when thye die so short of having their memories tampered with i would think Cable would be current up to the point he was shot by the Progenitor. (I would think cerebro backups would no longer be necessary. Unless of course krakoa just wants to keep collecting intel from the mind of it's inhabitants.)

With the waiting room wanda not only restored mutants but the potential for privacy again.
    Hmm… good point. Now I’m a bit unclear on that as well, and why he wouldn’t remember his final moments.

And in the headspace i'm in right now from posting and reading your post in Immortal thread i have to wonder if Hope has been tampering with Cable to make him stronger or more effective as she resurrects him. Given what she did to Selene it is not out of the realm of possibility hope may be consciously changing her loved ones to make them stronger in order to protect them.
    Now that’s an interesting theory!

Spectacular Member

Anyone else a bit uncertain about Storm beating Vulcan? I mean don’t get me wrong, I love Storm as much as the next guy but Vulcan goes toe to toe w/ gladiator, Adam warlock, and black bolt. It’s framed in the issue that Storm is a more skilled energy manipulator than he is and that’s enough for her to overpower his raw strength despite his energy manipulation being omega level. But Vulcan’s dog walked Adam Warlock, someone who should be far above Storm in terms of manipulating energy. In fact, Vulcan manipulated Warlock’s quantum magic better than he could, so seeing the skill thing here is a bit strange.

They made it clear that A) Storm did exactly what you said in that she beat him due to her skill not her raw power level and B) she only fought “the shell” as he said, so even his raw power levels may not be what they once were due to how he’s been tampered with. I’m good with it. I like Storm and she’s getting her due here. As long as they don’t overdue it and make her too much of a Mary Sue I think it’s fine.

Spectacular Member

Oh maybe. I thought Vulcan was just saying that to make himself feel better after eating **** and Brand was just accommodating him so she could use him as a weapon. But you might be right and I missed out on those details.

Could be. Or maybe Storm, being more skilled and also an Omega mutant, just exploited a gap that the less skilled — but no less powerful — Vulcan wasn’t aware of. Either way, I thought it was well handled personally. Just my $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    Oh maybe. I thought Vulcan was just saying that to make himself feel better after eating **** and Brand was just accommodating him so she could use him as a weapon. But you might be right and I missed out on those details.
    I think you read it right. We saw the flame in him rising it looked a bit like a phoenix on second glance or the start of a bird forming and he remembers at the moment he never died meaning that side of him awakened there. At the end of the day as storm said it was too omegas and she was able to use her experience and will to wrestle control of the energy that was around them and Krakoom.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Hehe, same here that felt like a bit of fan service too me.

And yes I agree Cable is too quiet, I was feeling weird about it but I guess you guys are right that makes a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Actually if you were following to abigail its not a betrayal. She never said she worked for krakoa she literally says she is a spacer she thinks in solar systems and to her the whole mutant vs humans thing is redundant. Which is true, she is thinking on a bigger level and will do whatever is necessary as she has always been an ends justify the means kind of girl. Which is perfectly in line with her charachter.
    abigail has always been on on the side of the mutants since the comics of ashntoninshin x men of whedon at the time we did not yet know that she was a mutant until the run of kieron gillen in avx consequence where she reveals that she is a mutant the scene looks like the end of sword 11
    avx abigailbrand.jpg

when she helps scott to escape from prison in avx consequence she clearly tells magneto that she is above all a mutant and that what she wants is that all mutants and future generations be protected and safe thanks to the x men she even wants kids with beast lol after that she has always been with the mutants in each run to help them or vice versa.
    she works with krakoa the two peak stations still belong to krakoa and her thanks to the mutant teleporter of the sword that she has recovered the mysterium.

then now in the era krakoa al ewing has changed abigail's behavior towards mutants, now she doesn't care about mutants and wants to kill them without explanation,she says to magneto in the first issue of sword that she is more spacer than mutant until the end of the run and that betrayal for orchis that comes out of nowhere.

Yes she says that the human vs mutant war is redundant but why she participates in this war by helping orchis to kill mutants in this case? not to mention the attempted murder on xandra we had no explanation for that, since when abigail kills children? if she was not interested they would have let krakoa and orchis fight each other without intervening yet she participates on both sides even if she uses both she only wants to destroy krakoa and the arakki i don't have the impression that she wants to destroy orchis too, at least for the moment, which would be inconsistent if she does nothing against orchis, especially since she says that she must not underestimate karima otherwise she will be killed by her.