Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    ̶D̶r̶u̶i̶g̶,̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶S̶e̶m̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶d̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶B̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶A̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶B̶i̶t̶c̶h̶,̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶c̶i̶e̶t̶y̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶.̶ ̶M̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶N̶A̶T̶U̶R̶A̶L̶L̶Y̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶f̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶'̶ ̶b̶i̶o̶l̶o̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶a̶m̶e̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶t̶i̶t̶u̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶i̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶s̶u̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶g̶e̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶p̶h̶e̶r̶d̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶c̶i̶e̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶b̶u̶s̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶u̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶(̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶A̶L̶L̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶T̶o̶-̶D̶o̶ ̶L̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶h̶e̶n̶o̶m̶e̶n̶o̶n̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶'̶L̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶A̶l̶l̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶O̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶H̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶D̶u̶d̶e̶'̶)̶.̶.̶.̶.̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶i̶b̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶T̶R̶A̶C̶E̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶(̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶r̶i̶f̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶i̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶E̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶s̶)̶.̶.̶.̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶D̶r̶u̶i̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶p̶i̶n̶/̶s̶c̶a̶p̶e̶g̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶
    ̶
    ̶A̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶E̶N̶O̶U̶G̶H̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶'̶ ̶b̶i̶o̶l̶o̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶-̶m̶o̶o̶d̶s̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶.̶.̶.̶.̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶c̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶D̶r̶u̶i̶g̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶E̶N̶O̶U̶G̶H̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶i̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶'̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶w̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶a̶m̶e̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶i̶a̶n̶t̶s̶/̶E̶x̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶i̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶-̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶c̶h̶a̶n̶i̶s̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶'̶ ̶b̶i̶o̶l̶o̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶i̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶e̶d̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶a̶l̶i̶b̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶K̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶K̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶M̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶B̶a̶b̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶

tl;dr - Mutants SHOULDN'T be classified as Deviants or anything the Eternals have anything to do with under NORMAL conditions, but the Brain Trust that is Eternals society accidentally whoopsied their way into making Druig their king. ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶D̶r̶u̶i̶g̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶i̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶'̶ ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶-̶g̶e̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶E̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶c̶i̶e̶t̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶s̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶y̶,̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶,̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶-̶g̶e̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶

The "X-Gene" was created by the Celestials at the same time they made Eternals and Deviants. Eternals #1 (1976)
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-29-2022 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that was several retcons and some god vomit ago. Marvel's doing this now instead.

Incredible Member

I wonder if the writers remember Sersi couldn't beat Exodus when they fought in Genosha or if mutants will be on the losing end of the confrontation until being saved ny a third party or sanity prevails.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, that was several retcons and some god vomit ago. Marvel's doing this now instead.
    I'm merely pointing out that a well-rounded story arc can not be trumped by a poor @$$ retcon...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

The "X-Gene" was created by the Celestials at the same time they made Eternals and Deviants. Eternals #1 (1976)
    As a kid, it was this issue when I started calling Ikaris "Eye-care-us" -- decades later, the movie makes me want to switch to "ik-uh-rus"

I'm merely pointing out that a well-rounded story arc can not be trumped by a poor @$$ retcon...
    The story of the origins of the Eternals, Deviants and humanity was told from the pov of an Eternal and it now been made clear that did not know as much as they thought they did.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The story of the origins of the Eternals, Deviants and humanity was told from the pov of an Eternal and it now been made clear that did not know as much as they thought they did.
    Made clear by whom? Was it a Deviant, or Human this side of the current retcon? I mean what better way to grease the skids that would lead to an all out Human/Mutant, Eternal/Deviant war than to say what was thought (on several different occasions) to have happened some 40+ years ago didn't?
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-30-2022 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

BANNED

Made clear by whom? Was it a Deviant, or Human this side of the current retcon? I mean what better way to grease the skids that would lead to an all out Human/Mutant, Eternal/Deviant war than to say what was thought (on several different occasions) to have happened some 40+ years ago didn't?
    Ajax, the high priestess of the Eternals, found out that the future belongs to Deviants and the Eternals just guide their evolution by killing off excess Deviation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I wonder if the writers remember Sersi couldn't beat Exodus when they fought in Genosha or if mutants will be on the losing end of the confrontation until being saved ny a third party or sanity prevails.
    Pretty sure they will remember this. Exodus and Jean moth have psi vampirism powers. Apocalypse beat Ikaris.

Jean has beaten Nightmare and Galactus with just her mutant powers.

Legion has massive powers. So do Magneto and Polaris.

Some mutants can beat Eternals. Rogue can absorb powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Here's a thought I've had, that possibly pertains to Eternals, but since Inhumans are the Kree attempt to mix many different species of aliens/beings around the galaxy etc, some of these would be species/beings that normally would not be able to procreate with humans or other types of species. But something in the Inhuman genetic/DNA phenotype, 'crosses' that bridge or barrier. Most Inhumans would be able to procreate with all other humans but probably a lot of others, due to that. ?
    It could be a reverse of the process that allows Eternals to 'only' procreate with others, not themselves.
    It may have been thought that Skrulls could not mate with human/types, though we know that is possible.
    Is it possible because Skrulls are considered a former of Deviants and something in Deviant genetics allows mating with anything, like INhumans possibly.
    Yes. The Deviants took over the Skrull world and with what mutants are doing it looks like the same will happen here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That's actually a fairly good point, at least on the latter part of your post. AXE: Judgment Day could turn out to be the result of another player (or other players) pulling strings to set off an all-out war between all the differing factions of superpowered offshoots of humanity and have that last long enough to weaken them sufficiently that whoever really started it could just pick off what's left and take the spoils of that war for themselves.
    The spider is always on the hunt.