Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I personally have a perverse respect for how utterly nihilistic and morbid that origin story for the rise of life, especially superhuman life, on Earth was. Like something out of heavy metal. Or death metal, maybe.
    It sounds like the lamer version of Aphrodite being born from the semen and sea foam mixture resulting from Cronus cutting off Uranus's balls and throwing them into the ocean.

Though that does beg the question. Considering Selene has a reasonable claim to being the first mutant, does this origin make her the Mutant Aphrodite?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It sounds like the lamer version of Aphrodite being born from the semen and sea foam mixture resulting from Cronus cutting off Uranus's balls and throwing them into the ocean.

Though that does beg the question. Considering Selene has a reasonable claim to being the first mutant, does this origin make her the Mutant Aphrodite?
    Ha, that would be a good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've been reading it as less "the goal was to create mutants" and more "the goal was to create superpowered people". But I'm not 100% sure on that

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I've been reading it as less "the goal was to create mutants" and more "the goal was to create superpowered people". But I'm not 100% sure on that
    Yep, the goal was to create superhumans who would defeat the Horde, not specifically mutants...

But we don't know if most non-mutant superhumans carry Deviant DNA too... I mean, the comic mentions that there always were pockets of super-powered beings without Deviant DNA, it just happens that they went extinct too soon... so mutates like Hulk and the 4F and Spider-man could be like these, strange lifeforms with a lot of power who will never become a new species...

Or it could be that all superhumans have Deviant DNA already... it's unclear...

There are the Inhumans too... do they carry Deviant DNA? Or, did the Kree manage to engineer them without using Deviant DNA in their design...?

Astonishing Member

Gotta ask Mark Grunewald that. He iirc was heavily behind the whole idea of Celestials tinkering with human genetics to create superhumans and mutants. Ditto for how much genetics plays into the super soldier serum. This retcon is basically reestablishing his ideas but with Celestial vomit and the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Yep, the goal was to create superhumans who would defeat the Horde, not specifically mutants...

But we don't know if most non-mutant superhumans carry Deviant DNA too... I mean, the comic mentions that there always were pockets of super-powered beings without Deviant DNA, it just happens that they went extinct too soon... so mutates like Hulk and the 4F and Spider-man could be like these, strange lifeforms with a lot of power who will never become a new species...

Or it could be that all superhumans have Deviant DNA already... it's unclear...

There are the Inhumans too... do they carry Deviant DNA? Or, did the Kree manage to engineer them without using Deviant DNA in their design...?
    There is a least one Deviant/Inhuman hybrid, also I'm pretty sure a lot of superhumans including mutants have some Eternal DNA as well.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    There is a least one Deviant/Inhuman hybrid, also I'm pretty sure a lot of superhumans including mutants have some Eternal DNA as well.
    I'm not at all versed in Eternals lore but, is/was there an Eternal-Deviant hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm not at all versed in Eternals lore but, is/was there an Eternal-Deviant hybrid?
    Yes Thena (Eternal) and Kro (Deviant) had twins who while powerless apart could fuse with each to become a more powerful being. Since the kids weren't welcome among Eternals or Deviants Thena gave them to humans to raise and by gave I mean she abduct a sterile woman who wanted kids transferred the twins embryo's to her and put the woman back home with anyone knowing.
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Yes Thena (Eternal) and Kro (Deviant) had twins who while powerless apart could fuse with each to become a more powerful being. Since the kids weren't welcome among Eternals or Deviants Thena gave them to humans to raise and by gave I mean she abduct a sterile woman who wanted kids transferred the twins embryo's to her and put the woman back home with anyone knowing.
    Well that means Eternal-Mutant hybrids are possible too.I wonder if we'll get to see one revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Well that means Eternal-Mutant hybrids are possible too.I wonder if we'll get to see one revealed.
    My money is on Dani Moonstar, Sunspot and the Proudstar brothers. The Damocles Foundation which is a corporation made up of humans, Eternals, Deviants and mutants who wanted to save the world by creating a new race of superhumans, they experimented on Sunspot which resulted in his secondary mutation, experimented on the people in the reservation that Proudstars grew up in and then had Stryfe kill everyone there to cover it up, since the Foundation prefers to experiment on isolated communities it is possible they did this at other native-american reservations as well, when Dani Moonstar gained quantum powers after coming into contact with a mutant/Deviant hybrid, one of the Eternals noted that her energy signature was near identical to theirs.
    Immortal in the Force.

There is a least one Deviant/Inhuman hybrid.
    Yeah, Maelstrom, I know, but what I was wondering is, do ALL Inhumans have Deviant DNA, just like mutants, or do they not...?

Oh no. Yeah, 'gave' is definitely a very nice way of saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Oh no. Yeah, 'gave' is definitely a very nice way of saying that.
    Eternals are million year old near unkillable, immortal bio-machines with resurrection tech and are forced to adhere to the programming of absent space gods, most of them see non-powered humans as a type of chatty monkey.
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Yeah, Maelstrom, I know, but what I was wondering is, do ALL Inhumans have Deviant DNA, just like mutants, or do they not...?
    Inhumans are actually derived from Eternals. The Kree used Arlok’s corpse as the template to create the Terrigen reactive Inhumans

And since Tuk (a pre Randac Inhuman) is a common ancestor of modern mutates and mutants…

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Inhumans are actually derived from Eternals. The Kree used Arlok’s corpse as the template to create the Terrigen reactive Inhumans
    The way I always understood it, the Kree didn't actually use Arlok's DNA to empower the future Inhumans; they were just intriged by the genetic potential of humans and tried experiments to unlock their already existing potential...

EDIT: It seems they gave them some Kree DNA, though...

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    And since Tuk (a pre Randac Inhuman) is a common ancestor of modern mutates and mutants…
    Tuk's DNA contributed a bit, but we don't know that he is a main contributor to the existance of modern superhumans...
    Last edited by Habis; 05-20-2022 at 07:49 AM.