Default Anyone ever read Jim Starlin’s Hardcore Station?

I never have/just heard of the book.
    An incontinuity Jim Starlin project at DC that I guess bombed sales wise.

Looks like it came out back in 1998, back when I wasn't really paying attention to comic books.

I've read it, but it's been a long time since I have. It is "in continuity" as far as Kyle Rayner appears in it, but the concept of the station itself and the characters that inhabited remained Starlin's IP and he used them in a series of self-published prose novels a few years back.

As I remember, it was a decent read, not spectacular, and filled with a lot of typical Starlin tropes and tics, which as a Starlin fan, I enjoyed, but if you are not a Starlin fan, those might be a drawback.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Thanks, guys!
    Yeah I’m not a Starlin hater, but not a big enough fan to look at this project and think it was really good.

Not a very known work, but Starlin seemed to like to return once and again to it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I bought/own it all and that is largely all I remember about it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!