Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Attachment 128512

Yes, obvious review bombing.
    Considering the money made by YT grifters off of hate, this comes across a bit of a silly statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Attachment 128512

Yes, obvious review bombing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think we would have seen articles on it by now there was actual review bombing.
    Do a Google search. There’s articles about it. Here’s one. There’s more.

https://screenrant.com/velma-show-re...tten-tomatoes/

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    She's had several male love interests, and talked about men in the New Scooby-Doo movies. Some continuities she's clearly a lesbian but bisexual is a completely valid interpretation.
    Well, Mindy Kaling is bringing her out of the closet now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    It’s definitely better than 13 Ghosts
    Definitely not. 13 Ghost is a very underrated entry. And it's something kids can enjoy and is appropriate for them to watch. Unlike this trash for try-hard 'adults' who are probably far younger in the head than kids are.

Is she? This isn't even the 'real' Velma. It's a variant.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 01-16-2023 at 06:24 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Velma came out of the closet in trick or treat Scooby Doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    She's had several male love interests, and talked about men in the New Scooby-Doo movies. Some continuities she's clearly a lesbian but bisexual is a completely valid interpretation.
    Yeah, to be honest I'm kind of surprised people leaped so hard into her being a lesbian from Trick or Treat just because she was crushing hard on a woman. It's not like she explicitly said in the movie that she's only interested in girls in that film and I don't think any of the creators said as much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Considering the money made by YT grifters off of hate, this comes across a bit of a silly statement.
    This may come as a shock but the bad reviews are just bad reviews. No show is owed good reviews. On the upside, they are just...reviews. The way this thread is going people are going to get so desperate they will start blaming Russian bots for the poor score.

I also find it strange that it's only review bombing when it's something that someone feels need defending and never review bombing when it's something you don't like.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-16-2023 at 12:00 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Some people just want anything 'diverse' or full of social commentary to be an instant hit with the audience and won't tolerate one bit of criticism about it.

There's always a place for stuff like that and some manage it better than others, but this is just one of those instances where it doesn't work, and frankly mean-spirited deconstructive humour is drying up
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 01-16-2023 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The hate is coming from both sides of the spectrum. When even all lovers of crap like the Mary Sue isn't favorable to this show something went seriously wrong.

Incredible Member

Absolutely scathing review calling the show outdated and beholden seemingly to the creators obsessions:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, to be honest I'm kind of surprised people leaped so hard into her being a lesbian from Trick or Treat just because she was crushing hard on a woman. It's not like she explicitly said in the movie that she's only interested in girls in that film and I don't think any of the creators said as much about it.
    Denial much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Some people just want anything 'diverse' or full of social commentary to be an instant hit with the audience and won't tolerate one bit of criticism about it.

There's always a place for stuff like that and some manage it better than others, but this is just one of those instances where it doesn't work, and frankly mean-spirited deconstructive humour is drying up
    Family Guy has been peddling horrible characters for years on end yet it still gets renewed year after year.

Looks liks Velma is on its way to being renewed for a second season.

It was previously reported Velma is HBO Max’s biggest cartoon hit.

Good for Mindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Denial much.
    It's not denial. He's not going to apply Velma being a lesbian retroactively like a lot people want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Denial much.
    I'm not in denial though? I'm not disputing that she likes girls. Even in this show it seems like she and Daphne are both into each other and Fred (I think).
    Looks liks Velma is on its way to being renewed for a second season.

It was previously reported Velma is HBO Max’s biggest cartoon hit.

Good for Mindy.
    I wonder if it's actually a season 2 or just the full production slate that they'll just release the rest and call it a season 2.

I guess the question is if they can bring it around by the time season 1 ends.