Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Default Tulsa King | Stallone | Paramount+

How is there not a singular thread for this show? I watched it all last week and it was awesome! My personal bias toward being a Stallone fan aside, it was a lot of fun.
    It does have a S2 pickup so if you have access give this show a watch. Season one is 9 episodes.

"Tulsa King follows New York mafia capo Dwight 'The General' Manfredi, just after he is released from prison after 25 years and unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa. Realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a "crew" from a group of unlikely characters, to help him establish a new criminal empire in a place that to him might as well be another planet."
    TK_RT.jpg
    90% Audience score but the critics still rate it solidly.

Who else has seen it? Thoughts?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    How is there not a singular thread for this show? I watched it all last week and it was awesome! My personal bias toward being a Stallone fan aside, it was a lot of fun.
    It does have a S2 pickup so if you have access give this show a watch. Season one is 9 episodes.

TK_RT.jpg
    90% Audience score but the critics still rate it solidly.

Who else has seen it? Thoughts?
    My thought is, based on your recommendation, I should watch it. I was contemplating doing so anyway, as I am also a Stallone fan going way, way back.

It's ok. A little meh at times but entertaining...

Astonishing Member

I am looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I am looking forward to it
    It's already out. In fact the season finale was 2 weeks ago.

And yes, this show is pretty great!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's already out. In fact the season finale was 2 weeks ago.

And yes, this show is pretty great!
    I have to look for it. Paramount is now a part of Sky in Europe, so I can watch it. I have seen no ads for it.

I just watched a few episodes. It’s pretty good, but I wouldn’t call it great or even very good.

It’s like a lot of Paramount+ shows in that I think they’re good, but they just have a few too many ridiculous things happen during the story that wholly interrupt my suspension of disbelief.

Mayor of Kingstown and the Good Fight suffer from this same problem. I think if they brought the concepts and stories down to Earth, just a little, some of their shows would work a lot better.

Also, I have a question. What happened to Stallone’s face? Is that way too much botox or did he have a plastic surgery accident which prevents it from moving?
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-20-2023 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

Also, I have a question. What happened to Stallone’s face? Is that way too much botox or did he have a plastic surgery accident which prevents it from moving?
    When has it been able to move?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    When has it been able to move?
    I wish we had a “like” button here at CBR for comments as funny as this.

I enjoyed some of the "fish out of water" moments early in the series and tbh that's what i was mostly expecting out of this series - sort of like netflix' Lillyhammer but focusing on the cultural differences between NY and OK.

While Stallone's character sometimes ends episodes on a down note, mostly he easily wins or dominates in every single encounter/battle/whatever throughout each episode. kind of like how the Rock can never lose a fight. To me its a bit eyeroll inducing or boring. Lillyhammer actually had some similar issues but the fish out of water comedy plus the different setting made it work better for me.

that all said, its only season 1 so the show could certainly improve. but was looking for a show that was more comic than what we've gotten.