Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Hopefully they release an extended trailer.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-14-2022 at 06:08 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Lets wait and see what the show is actually like before passing judgement.

If this show doesn't work out for you there will always be another Scooby Doo show.

A characters race/gender/orientation does not determine the actual quality of the show.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

If this show doesn't work out for you there will always be another Scooby Doo show.

A characters race/gender/orientation does not determine the actual quality of the show.
    Well, I'm going off what we've seen so far in terms of content with the first visual, trailer, and some of the character descriptions.

(And the fact that Scooby's not in it, but that might be a blessing in disguise).

Extraordinary Member

100% accurate.

I think you may be asking a little much of the internet. If there's a conclusion, chances are they've already jumped to it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

So they had to make the pothead black. Couldn't do something clever and unexpected and make Fred black they had to make the guy who is always high black.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    So they had to make the pothead black. Couldn't do something clever and unexpected and make Fred black they had to make the guy who is always high black.
    Apparently he's straight edge at the time of the show, for whatever that's worth (not much)

Also I've always felt Fred was the most privileged of the group. He's the personification of the phrase "the confidence of a straight, white male"

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Apparently he's straight edge at the time of the show, for whatever that's worth (not much)
    How is he even Shaggy then? Especially without Scooby. Unless they're going to develop him into a pothead who desperately craves friendship to the point where he adopts Scooby.
    Also I've always felt Fred was the most privileged of the group. He's the personification of the phrase "the confidence of a straight, white male"
    I feel like that's Daphne since she's usually rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think you may be asking a little much of the internet. If there's a conclusion, chances are they've already jumped to it.
    I feel like they've shown enough to give an impression for what to expect.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like they've shown enough to give an impression for what to expect.
    Remember when everyone thought Keaton was going to make a terrible Batman? Or Ledger a terrible Joker?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Remember when everyone thought Keaton was going to make a terrible Batman? Or Ledger a terrible Joker?
    This feels different to me in the sense of what I've seen of Mindy Kaling and her entire approach to this. I don't think it's comparable to Burton Batman.

Like, the actors played to their characters in that instance but here it feels like the characters are playing more to the actors.

(And, y'know, Scooby-Doo's not even in this which is like leaving Batman out of a Batman movie...)

Extraordinary Member

This feels different to me in the sense of what I've seen of Mindy Kaling and her entire approach to this. I don't think it's comparable to Burton Batman.

Like, the actors played to their characters in that instance but here it feels like the characters are playing more to the actors.

(And, y'know, Scooby-Doo's not even in this which is like leaving Batman out of a Batman movie...)
    I stand by my earlier statement. No one's even seen this yet. To assume the quality is conjecture at best.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, when I think about it...shouldn't this kind of show skew a little younger? Especially so little girls can watch it? I don't see why it needs to be an adult cartoon.

Then this might just be for you!
    I think the target audience is pretty much the people who say "you know, Fred and Daph totally sneak off and have sex/Shag and Scoob totally smoked a bowl between those scenes/etc."

It's a show to explicitly show all the stuff people inferred and joked about all these years.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I stand by my earlier statement. No one's even seen this yet. To assume the quality is conjecture at best.
    We haven't seen a lot of footage but we've seen enough promotional material to gauge a bit about it in my opinion.

I mean, people looking for an adult comedy cartoon will probably be happy (I'm not sure if it'll be an intelligent adult comedy, those can go either way), but I don't expect it to be a good Scooby cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think the target audience is pretty much the people who say "you know, Fred and Daph totally sneak off and have sex/Shag and Scoob totally smoked a bowl between those scenes/etc."

It's a show to explicitly show all the stuff people inferred and joked about all these years.
    I definitely get the sense Mindy Kaling has a surface level view of what she's working from. Which is a shame because there's a lot more to these characters beyond that.

I still think Ledger was a horrible Joker. It wasn't a bad villain and the performance was decent enough, but as the Joker it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I still think Ledger was a horrible Joker. It wasn't a bad villain and the performance was decent enough, but as the Joker it sucked.
    He was a little too serious to me.

Incredible Member

Well, I'm going off what we've seen so far in terms of content with the first visual, trailer, and some of the character descriptions.

(And the fact that Scooby's not in it, but that might be a blessing in disguise).
    And there lies one of the biggest issues with today. People love jumping to snap judgements on things and then being confounded when it’s not like they expected it to be. It feels like nobody is willing to give anything a chance these days which is pretty ridiculous.

People also love being overly precious about media properties and stuck all the enjoyment out of things they claim to love. One of things I like about Doctor Who is it has already been a show which has established lore precisely up to the moment it doesn’t, it has constantly revised its backstory throughout its run.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 10-16-2022 at 02:12 PM.