Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Here's shaggy, Fred and Daphne

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...uoWibOJOw&s=19

Look at that, the show is labeled adult.
    Is this the movie where Velma is canonized as gay?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Is this the movie where Velma is canonized as gay?
    Nope. It's this movie

https://mobile.twitter.com/MythicalL...05649405947905

Here's shaggy, Fred and Daphne

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...uoWibOJOw&s=19

Look at that, the show is labeled adult.
    Shaggy looks about what I'd expect from a black Shaggy. Whether he'll sound like Shaggy is another question. Doesn't even sound like they're calling him Shaggy.

Daphne looks like a mean girl, even though she still has her iconic colors. I wonder if the slanted eyes means she's Asian like her VA?

Fred looks the most normal but it seems like they're trying to make him more "weird" compared to the others. Also Frank Welker is playing his dad here, and not Scooby, who is noticeably absent.

After the new "Shaggy" redesign, I was just about to say that I didn't think I could dislike this any more.

Then there was the trailer openly mocking the complaints people have about the show.

Usually, I'm willing to say that I just don't care for something, realize that it's not for me, and carry on, but I actually hope this thing fails horribly to the point where careers are ruined.

Where is Scrappy?! I'm out if no Scrappy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    After the new "Shaggy" redesign, I was just about to say that I didn't think I could dislike this any more.

Then there was the trailer openly mocking the complaints people have about the show.

Usually, I'm willing to say that I just don't care for something, realize that it's not for me, and carry on, but I actually hope this thing fails horribly to the point where careers are ruined.
    It's totally on brand for Mindy Kaling though .
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Where is Scrappy?! I'm out if no Scrappy.
    Scooby's not even it.

I'm willing to bet this series will change Scooby's breed. He's going to be a pug, calling it now.

Mindy Kaling seems to be a good casting choice on paper (she has the "right" voice), but wow they did not put their best foot forward with that trailer. While it remains to be seen what the actual show is like, boy is that trailer unfunny. While I have nothing but contempt for the bigots offended by Velma not being white in this show, I don't think the mean-spirited tone is doing the show any favors. I was never onboard once it was announced that they wanted to Scooby-Doo with gore and graphic nudity, but the mean-spirited tone of the trailer is really confirming for me that skipping it is a good idea.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

To suggest anyone is a bigot who does not want a racial swap on a character that has looked the same for 60 years is...being pretty loathsome and disingenuous.

If I turned on the tv and all the sudden Fat Albert and his crew were white, I'd promptly turn it off, because it would no longer be Fat Albert to me, the character would be fundamentally someone else.

A black James Bond, (Idris Elba) is totally welcomed by me, because Bond's appearance has changed over the years. The skinny Roger Moore had nothing in common with Sean Connery or Daniel Craig. If I saw a black James Bond I'd say cool and totally believe it.

but...Shaggy has looked the same for 60 years, now a racial swap and dreadlocks???....I'm sorry I just can't go there, he's no longer Shaggy to me, he's someone else.

I'll take a pass on this show.

BANNED

I actually liked it. Can't wait to see the first episode. So glad it survived the holocaust of Zazlav (whatever his name is).

I'm willing to bet this series will change Scooby's breed. He's going to be a pug, calling it now.
    For some reason I get the sense Kaling doesn't like Scooby.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Mindy Kaling seems to be a good casting choice on paper (she has the "right" voice), but wow they did not put their best foot forward with that trailer. While it remains to be seen what the actual show is like, boy is that trailer unfunny. While I have nothing but contempt for the bigots offended by Velma not being white in this show, I don't think the mean-spirited tone is doing the show any favors. I was never onboard once it was announced that they wanted to Scooby-Doo with gore and graphic nudity, but the mean-spirited tone of the trailer is really confirming for me that skipping it is a good idea.
    To be honest I don't really care about the race-bending beyond the fact that it seems Kaling is trying to vicariously live through Velma in this, but what bothers me more is how it feels like it's completely missing the point of Scooby and the Gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I don't really care about the race-bending beyond the fact that it seems Kaling is trying to vicariously live through Velma in this, but what bothers me more is how it feels like it's completely missing the point of Scooby and the Gang.
    How so?

Other than the fact that non-white people tend not to be able to freely walk around abandoned military bases and the like?

What is Scooby's breed? He kind of looks like a retriever, but he's sort of like a bloodhound too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    How so?

Other than the fact that non-white people tend not to be able to freely walk around abandoned military bases and the like?
    The murder. The gore. The language. The fact that the first image they released from the show was a naked, dead, teenage girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    What is Scooby's breed? He kind of looks like a retriever, but he's sort of like a bloodhound too.
    He's supposed to be a Great Dane.