Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    If that had been their intention they wouldn't have put those words into Velma's mouth
    How about she meant "anyone who is throwing a fit about this show based the HIRING of her and any images released before the first episode airs-has issues."

Because we see this every single time with projects including new ones that DARE include a POC behind the scenes or as leads. That tends to ONLY target the POC.

And being around 60 years means NOTHING. This is the SAME Warner Brothers that stared Dwayne McDuffie, Mike Davis and Milestone in the face and told him Static on Static Shock needed to be WHITE.

Lionsgate did the Bratz Movie and made the ONE black male into a white guy. While excluding the Asian guy.

60 years-a lot of this stuff was made when POC were excluded. Especially as leads with exceptions like Johnny Quest. Those folks were dealing with folks who were NOT going to hand over money for POC lead stuff if they could help it.

We know the horror story that is Tyroc from Legion or the original origins of John Stewart and Black Lightning. The burial of Spectrum after she lead the Avengers.

Mindy Kapling didn't cause this mess. Yell at the folks from the past who caused this.

This one project does not ruin Scooby Doo. No more than Popeye and Son did the Popeye franchise. It's just one chapter in a long history.

She hasn't looked the same for 60 years though she's looks different in the comics the movies the show's she doesn't always look the same but even if she did what does it matter? If the show is good or bad it has nothing to do with the way she looks.
    If the show fails THAT will be the main reason according to some folks. Because that is what they WANT it to be.
    This could have the most TOXIC production like Justice League-NOBODY blamed the cast or characters. Yet this like Sandman, Lost in Space (Netflix) and others that blame falls on the POC in it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

If the show fails THAT will be the main reason according to some folks. Because that is what they WANT it to be.
    This could have the most TOXIC production like Justice League-NOBODY blamed the cast or characters. Yet this like Sandman, Lost in Space (Netflix) and others that blame falls on the POC in it.
    If the show ends up failing most people will point at how Mindy attacked the fanbase and it will be thrown in the same pile as Paul Feig's Ghostbusters, and the Charlie Angels reboot.

Apparently, you make him black and don't call him "Shaggy."

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I can see what they wanted to do with this. It was basically try and get what worked off Harley Quinn , which has been a successful adult animated series. But unless it comes out and hits a HR its gonna be seen as them trying to copy what worked with Harley.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Honestly the hate for modern takes on cartoons baffles me. The last time I cared about a Scooby Doo cartoon was A Pup Named Scooby Doo and when that ended I quit caring mostly because I turned 13 and grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Honestly the hate for modern takes on cartoons baffles me. The last time I cared about a Scooby Doo cartoon was A Pup Named Scooby Doo and when that ended I quit caring mostly because I turned 13 and grew up.
    Mystery Inc ran from 2010 to 2013, had a modern take on the characters, mature themes, deaths (one major recurring character got a gaitlin gun to the face), had a back story that tied Scooby to the Cthulhu mythos and featured Harlan Ellison as a recurring character, and most people loved it.

To be honest the idea that Scooby is what made Scooby-Doo a kids show is completely laughable to me. It was designed to be a kids cartoon!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If the show ends up failing most people will point at how Mindy attacked the fanbase and it will be thrown in the same pile as Paul Feig's Ghostbusters, and the Charlie Angels reboot.
    She didn't attack the fanbase...she attacked racist trolls. The Scooby Doo fanbase ≠ racist scum.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    She didn't attack the fanbase...she attacked racist trolls. The Scooby Doo fanbase ≠ racist scum.

I almost did a spit take ...thinking now the Scooby Doo fanbase is horrible. I mean ...its funny to see this. Because basically its a cartoon that has had 50+ years of different changes in cast and more. Its weird to think this fanbase is that negative.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Some thoughts.

1. Scooby isn't showing up because Kaling's ego can't take the fact that the dog is a bigger star or Warner Brothers doesn't want the character that matters anywhere near this.

2. Robot Chicken did this and it was funnier.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DbUCVVRZQpI

3. Picking a fight with the potential audience already? That's not how it's done. Always wait until midseason to do that.

4. Family Guy did this and it was funnier https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUFocJqYr1Y

5.It probably will not get a second season.

6. Huh...it appears even Supernatural did this and it was funnier https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JkwZok_GHw
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Sticking it the haters makes will always make for a terrible sales pitch. They will always be there and giving them any sort of attention will only fan flames.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I almost did a spit take ...thinking now the Scooby Doo fanbase is horrible. I mean ...its funny to see this. Because basically its a cartoon that has had 50+ years of different changes in cast and more. Its weird to think this fanbase is that negative.
    Like it usually is, it's not that the fan base is negative it's that there is a small but vocal contingency of racists online.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sticking it the haters makes will always make for a terrible sales pitch. They will always be there and giving them any sort of attention will only fan flames.
    Why?

I mean, if you're not a racist troll then why would you care if they're calling out racist trolls? I can only see being bothered by it if you know, one were the one making racist comments...and if that's the case then why do I care if those people are bothered?

I actually like seeing racist people get bothered...so it's a plus.

Why?

I mean, if you're not a racist troll then why would you care if they're calling out racist trolls? I can only see being bothered by it if you know, one were the one making racist comments...and if that's the case then why do I care if those people are bothered?

I actually like seeing racist people get bothered...so it's a plus.
    It doesn't bother them. It boldens them. The slightest bit of attention means what they are did worked. They'll continue to do it and maybe even up the ante. That's how trolling works. There is no benefit to acknowledging any of it.