Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think I might be the only person on this board that enjoyed this issue. I am really digging the horror vibe that comes out strong in these issues.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So like Olympus or Asgard... hmm
    Uh…do you mean in marvel or in real life?

Actually scratch both, they can actually die in both and I don’t remember any stories about them killing each other for kicksZ

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think I might be the only person on this board that enjoyed this issue. I am really digging the horror vibe that comes out strong in these issues.
    Honestly I don’t dislike the issue but the stuff withQuire is getting kind of ridiculous. Even with X-force Priviliege, does Emma just…not look into mutants essentially renting out physical copies of herself? I wouldn’t even count that part so much as horror as it is skeevy.

Also how it’s tied into how the Cuckoos are ever allowed to be anything but their gestalt hive mind

So like Olympus or Asgard... hmm
    Well, both Asgardians and Olympians have copulated and produced offspring with horses, both in Marvel and in real world mythology, just saying... Rahne may become very popular...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Well, both Asgardians and Olympians have copulated and produced offspring with horses, both in Marvel and in real world mythology, just saying... Rahne may become very popular...
    At first i was confused about which example of Olympians you might refer to until i remmebered that Pegasus was a singular entity in greek mythology and the offspring of Poseidon by Medusa.

Pop culture tends to depict him as a whole race of winged horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    At first i was confused about which example of Olympians you might refer to until i remmebered that Pegasus was a singular entity in greek mythology and the offspring of Poseidon by Medusa.

Ares mated with a mare and had horse children, and the Marvel version admited it was true... it was either during Civil War or during Dark Reign...

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Diome...es_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Habis; 05-21-2022 at 05:13 AM.

I didn’t hate it like so many others did. But I just find Percy’s X-Force boring most of the time. His Wolverine is great, but I wouldn’t mind someone else taking a crack at the mutant CIA honestly. Spurrier did mutant CIA much better than Percy has, and both the Kyle/Yost and Remender X-Force runs were memorable for their high octane action and/or huge stakes. By comparison this just feels… meandering, I suppose.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Ares mated with a mare and had horse children, and the Marvel version admited it was true... it was either during Civil War or during Dark Reign...

The centaurs are the result of a human king impregnation a could he thought was Hera. Let's not get into all the stuff involving Zeus.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

I didn't hate it. Though I'm sure this book would be a lot more popular here is Hellion was in it. Where's the scene of Cerebrax eating Hellion's brain?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

And to think some human wrote and came up with those ideas. Really makes one wonder where the mind of humanity goes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

And to think some human wrote and came up with those ideas. Really makes one wonder where the mind of humanity goes.
    Why do we assume that a human made up those stories? How do we know they are not true and that gods really did mate with animals and humans. Its no different then believing some of the stories in the Bible. Or at the very least most myths have a grain of truth somewhere in them.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Why do we assume that a human made up those stories? How do we know they are not true and that gods really did mate with animals and humans. Its no different then believing some of the stories in the Bible. Or at the very least most myths have a grain of truth somewhere in them.
    Since that time, we have learned how genetics works… It removes a bit of the mystery and enchantement of our world.

Religious things are sacred: believers don’t want to know, they want to believe…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Well humans also wrote the bible and commissioned versions. There is history there and there are lessons but there are also biases and things left out and clever wording to make things fall in line with someone else's view of the truth or expectation but there are still lessons in them. Also most chapters in the bible are from the perspective of humans and their opinions on things turned into "fact" the only thing actually said to be written by god was the 10 commandments. And jesus doesn't have a chapter or diary of his writings that we know of though perhaps that could be amongst the hidden pages or scrolls not translated or at least not for us. Organized religion is full of a lot of fiction and intentional manipulation of words, to be sure.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-21-2022 at 09:58 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly I don’t dislike the issue but the stuff withQuire is getting kind of ridiculous. Even with X-force Priviliege, does Emma just…not look into mutants essentially renting out physical copies of herself? I wouldn’t even count that part so much as horror as it is skeevy.

Also how it’s tied into how the Cuckoos are ever allowed to be anything but their gestalt hive mind
    Yeah Quire test driving other bodies was odd, the horror aspects I am referring to is Cerebrax eating brains and mangling Logan.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

The way Percy has been building the tension and dropping hints about the identity of the Man with the Peacock Tattoo over 28+ issues has been riveting. The reveal should be the biggest issue of the year.