Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    You are more than entitled to like what you want. I just triple dog dare you to tell everyone who enjoyed Ragnarok not to! lol
    I wouldn't tell them they're wrong (they are welcome to their opinions) I'd just probably tell them why I didn't .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have seen enough of the Hand for a while. I would much rather they go into the orginiazed crime side of Marvel and leave the Ninjas alone for a while. I want to see some 2nd tier DD villains like Mister Fear, Bullet, Bushwacker, and the Eel. Let see some crime lords like the Owl, Silvermane, Tombstone, the Rose, Madame Masque, Slug, and Hammerhead all staking their claim on New York now that the Kingpin seems to be keeping a low profile. Daredevil trying to keep an all out gang war from breaking out would be a great storyline. Then you could have one of them decide to bring in the big gun and hire Bulleseye to take him out.

Save stuff like Elektra and the Hand for latter.
    I'd like to see The Hand return at some point (of course, completely revamped), but yeah, I'd like to maybe see some of the villains from Nocenti's run show up like the one's you mentioned and maybe dip into Brubaker's a little bit with Tombstone and The Matador.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Yes, Murdock is DD in the MCU now. But I still don't understand why this secret identity thing is so important. By demonstrating his superhuman reflexes in catching that brick in front of a BUNCH OF PEOPLE in NWH, it just shows me that he really doesn't care about keeping his identity a secret. Normal folks absolutely DON'T do **** like that. I think a reboot is happening because Feige doesn't wanna force MCU viewers (who are used to family-friendly fare) to watch R-rated content in order to learn about his origins. That's also like forty hours of content to watch. Stick to things like the law, visual impairment and Catholicism for a character like Matt. Plenty of superheroes and supervillains in the MCU wear masks and helmets and folks know who they are. I highly doubt that DD fans will revolt if he reveals to the world that he is Murdock. Let's mix things up and do something new.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-25-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I highly doubt that DD fans will revolt if he reveals to the world that he is Murdock. Let's mix things up and do something new.
    No I will not revolt. DD/Matt Murdock has always been up and down about the secret identity. Keep it don't keep it I don't care. I just want DD on the screen.

I agree they should mix things up a bit. The timeline will be interesting (if they even talk about it) as it should be years later after season 3 of DD on Netflix. Then the snap, 5 years later. Then the appearance in Spiderman NWH. Where has Matt been, what is he doing now? Where is Karen and Foggy? They (Marvel and Disney+) have a lot to go over. I believe they will do just fine if done right. Marvel has already said the Netflix show is canon so there is that. Unless I am wrong.

I just love Charlie Cox as DD and Mr Murdock. With the right story who knows...maybe we something amazing maybe we dont.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

The only way I think DD's id being public knowledge would even be a slight improvement over a straight up secret id is if he spends every waking moment denying it. Like with Spidey, making his life too easy kinda goes against his essential appeal.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    No I will not revolt. DD/Matt Murdock has always been up and down about the secret identity. Keep it don't keep it I don't care. I just want DD on the screen.

I agree they should mix things up a bit. The timeline will be interesting (if they even talk about it) as it should be years later after season 3 of DD on Netflix. Then the snap, 5 years later. Then the appearance in Spiderman NWH. Where has Matt been, what is he doing now? Where is Karen and Foggy? They (Marvel and Disney+) have a lot to go over. I believe they will do just fine if done right. Marvel has already said the Netflix show is canon so there is that. Unless I am wrong.

I just love Charlie Cox as DD and Mr Murdock. With the right story who knows...maybe we something amazing maybe we dont.
    That's a good attitude. I just take it as it comes. I have confidence Feige will make sure the character is well-respected. Having DD interact with other important characters in the MCU is what makes the whole "cinematic universe" fun in my opinion. All I'm saying is that, if Feige wants to introduce Marvel characters who were already used by other studios, I think that he should make them different from previous versions. So I would tweak the origins of Blade, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer and a whole bunch of mutants.

The only way I think DD's id being public knowledge would even be a slight improvement over a straight up secret id is if he spends every waking moment denying it. Like with Spidey, making his life too easy kinda goes against his essential appeal.
    Life can be hard for Murdock in the MCU regardless of the mask or not, in my opinion. I just feel that SO many superhero movies and shows have done the whole secret identity thing, and that it's become a bit boring.

"The one [common comics trope] we haven’t done in the MCU is the secret identity thing,” Kevin Feige told Bleeding Cool in 2013. “I thought that had been overplayed for a long time, which is why we had Tony Stark out himself at the end of his first movie. We were sort of announcing to the audience that we’re not going to play that game.”

I don't wanna to play that game either.

Astonishing Member

Life can be hard for Murdock in the MCU regardless of the mask or not, in my opinion. I just feel that SO many superhero movies and shows have done the whole secret identity thing, and that it's become a bit boring.

"The one [common comics trope] we haven’t done in the MCU is the secret identity thing,” Kevin Feige told Bleeding Cool in 2013. “I thought that had been overplayed for a long time, which is why we had Tony Stark out himself at the end of his first movie. We were sort of announcing to the audience that we’re not going to play that game.”

I don't wanna to play that game either.
    That's great, except that NOT having a secret id in the MCU has been the NORM these days and has been since the MCU's inception for well over a decade now. In fact, having a secret id in the MCU is the exception these days, with Spider-Man being the sole example (a smart move of them to keep it, btw). I think it would be great if DD joined Spidey to buck this MCU trend, personally.

Also, that interview was also almost a decade ago. It's time to mix things up again.

That's great, except that NOT having a secret id in the MCU has been the NORM these days and has been since the MCU's inception for well over a decade now. In fact, having a secret id in the MCU is the exception these days, with Spider-Man being the sole example (a smart move of them to keep it, btw). I think it would be great if DD joined Spidey to buck this MCU trend, personally.

Also, that interview was also almost a decade ago. It's time to mix things up again.
    But then Murdock would be segregated from the rest of the "hero community". I'm against that. It would be weird if the MCU started the whole secret identity thing again after distinguishing itself from other superhero properties by getting rid of them so quickly. I'm also fairly certain that Parker's identity will be revealed at least to his friends and family AGAIN eventually...SO boring. Don't play the old hits. Let's hear some new material please.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-25-2022 at 08:17 PM.

After thinking about it I do hope he keeps his secret identity,
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

After thinking about it I do hope he keeps his secret identity,
    Not me. I wanna see a different iteration of Murdock. I don't wanna see superhero movies and shows go back to relying on outdated tropes. I would prefer it if his mask comes off early and often!

Not me. I wanna see a different iteration of Murdock. I don't wanna see superhero movies and shows go back to relying on outdated tropes. I would prefer it if his mask comes off early and often!
    Ya but then should all Marvel hero's lose their secret identity? There are not many that carry that card anymore. I have always loved Matt for that.

Ya but then should all Marvel hero's lose their secret identity? There are not many that carry that card anymore. I have always loved Matt for that.
    I think they should. All heroes should be treated equally. Spidey is part of the Sony Cinematic Universe. They still hold "traditional" views on secret identities. The MCU was founded on "I Am Iron Man." Besides, Matt has already given himself away by catching that brick. He'll inevitably do something like that again without his DD costume on.

I think they should. All heroes should be treated equally. Spidey is part of the Sony Cinematic Universe. They still hold "traditional" views on secret identities. The MCU was founded on "I Am Iron Man." Besides, Matt has already given himself away by catching that brick. He'll inevitably do something like that again without his DD costume on.
    Yes the MCU was founded that way. Things change though, sometimes for the good. I am not even that big a fan of the Spidey MCU first two movies. NWH was different. Look what they did at the end of that movie. Spidey is different for that reason. So is DD.

Mighty Member

But then Murdock would be segregated from the rest of the "hero community". I'm against that. It would be weird if the MCU started the whole secret identity thing again after distinguishing itself from other superhero properties by getting rid of it so quickly. I'm also fairly certain that Parker's identity will be revealed at least to his friends and family AGAIN eventually...SO boring. Don't play the old hits. Let's hear some new material please.
    Daredevil without the secret ID isn't Daredevil at all. He's one of the few characters, the other being Spidey, that I think absolutely NEED it. And, it sets them apart from the rest of the heroes in this shared MCU world. Not only does it give them a different feel, but it marks them as physically different from the others. Which I think is as it should be. Matt should never be fully embraced by the rest of the hero community. Respected, sure. Trusted, maybe. But never fully embraced. He should always be just a little bit of an outsider. He's not a team player, by nature, for one.

Another reason I think it's critical is because of the way DD does what he does. The symbolism of him. The Devil can't be just a man. It has to be a force of nature that you fear. The one glaring exception is obviously with Fisk, but even then, Fisk is a man of such evil that even the devil himself doesn't scare him, so it works thematically really well.

If they abandon his secret ID, they may as well not even bother to adapt the character, because they will have ruined everything about him that makes him unique within the setting.