Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Remember that Spider-Man appears in the MCU as part of a deal between Marvel and Sony. Marvel probably won't waste their limited number of times to use the character for a mere cameo.
    Didn't they extented the spider deal for a new trilogy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me it just really feels like they squandered Asgard and the mythos in one form or another, or didn't really care about it and that showed in Ragnarok and the way they characterized Thor.
    I think the way they saw how #2 leaned into the mythos and how self-serious Thor was scared them. I don't necessarily blame them at all for going in the direction they went in considering how well done it was.

I think there'd be more of a point to it being in-costume. Post-NWH this is now really Spider-Man's time to shine.
    I could see that, but personally, I really wouldn't find that necessary. Above all else, I want DD's show to be about DD.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think the way they saw how #2 leaned into the mythos and how self-serious Thor was scared them. I don't necessarily blame them at all for going in the direction they went in considering how well done it was.
    I think the issue is that they didn't lean into the mythos well, or near-enough. The Warriors 3 and Sif still barely got anything to do and we saw how that went in Ragnarok.

I don't think Thor being a serious character was responsible for all the flaws in that movie, but it seems like when in doubt the MCU always leans back into comedy.
    I could see that, but personally, I really wouldn't find that necessary. Above all else, I want DD's show to be about DD.
    Yeah, I doubt it would happen either, I just think depending on how much longer we still have Holland we might not get many opportunities for a team-up. And I feel like there might be at least one team-up in this show to set it apart from the Netflix era.

Above all else, I want DD's show to be about DD.
    100% agree. A cameo from The Punisher would be great but that is about it.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Frontier;6058637]I think the issue is that they didn't lean into the mythos well, or near-enough. The Warriors 3 and Sif still barely got anything to do and we saw how that went in Ragnarok.

Well, Sif is supposedly returning for L&T, so that's something to look forward to.

I don't think Thor being a serious character was responsible for all the flaws in that movie, but it seems like when in doubt the MCU always leans back into comedy.
    I mean, it is what Hemsworth seems to be really good at, so I can't say I blame them in this instance.

Well, Sif is supposedly returning for L&T, so that's something to look forward to.

Yeah, I doubt it would happen either, I just think depending on how much longer we still have Holland we might not get many opportunities for a team-up. And I feel like there might be at least one team-up in this show to set it apart from the Netflix era.
    I'd honestly prefer it happen in a Spider-Man movie tbh then. I know this is just my personal preference, but my favorite DD runs are generally the one's you'd barely even know the character is in the same universe as guys like Thor or Iron Man. I generally like my DD as self-contained and isolated as possible.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Assuming she gets some good content...
    I mean, it is what Hemsworth seems to be really good at, so I can't say I blame them in this instance.
    Has he not been well-received in other serious roles though?
    I'd honestly prefer it happen in a Spider-Man movie tbh then. I know this is just my personal preference, but my favorite DD runs are generally the one's you'd barely even know the character is in the same universe as guys like Thor or Iron Man. I generally like my DD as self-contained and isolated as possible.
    That's fair. I think my only issue is MCU Spider-Man is a little too team-up-y as it is, whereas with Daredevil he basically already had three seasons secluded from everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Didn't they extented the spider deal for a new trilogy?
    The original deal was for a certain number of films. The renewed deal adds more films to it, but it is still a limited number.

Note that Spider-man and his many, many related characters have not appeared in any of the MCU live-actions series so far. He has appeared in What If?, right, but animation rights are something else entirely (in fact, there's "Spidey and his amazing friends" on Disney Junior right now).

Spectacular Member

I'm thrilled to hear about this. More Matt Murdock in media ta-muchly.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I disagree and I know how hard it is for others to accept that sometimes...but you are probably wrong.
    That's fine. I have no stock in Disney as they are a creatively bankrupt corporate zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    That's fine. I have no stock in Disney as they are a creatively bankrupt corporate zombie.
    You may be right...but without them we would have no good Marvel movies/shows to this point. I do not like everything they have done but most of it is good with me.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

Assuming she gets some good content...
    I believe in the cast and crew, so fingers crossed!

Has he not been well-received in other serious roles though?
    From what I noticed, most of his less comedic movies in the US have been fairly forgettable (Black Hat, that one where he's a race car driver). Even with the more forgettable of the comedies he's appeared in (the female led Ghostbusters, Jay & Silent Bob Reboot, the MIB sequel), his performances were usually what stood out as the bright spot through them all. Kevin Smith's commented on this and I think this is what caused Hemsworth to approach the MCU execs to move Thor in the current direction it's going in.

That's fair. I think my only issue is MCU Spider-Man is a little too team-up-y as it is, whereas with Daredevil he basically already had three seasons secluded from everything.
    Fair enough. I've generally always preferred my DD as secluded as possible.

Remember that Daredevil had a season 2 1/2 teaming up with other heroes. He was not exactly secluded.

I believe in the cast and crew, so fingers crossed!
    Maybe if I enjoyed Ragnarok more .
    From what I noticed, most of his less comedic movies in the US have been fairly forgettable (Black Hat, that one where he's a race car driver). Even with the more forgettable of the comedies he's appeared in (the female led Ghostbusters, Jay & Silent Bob Reboot, the MIB sequel), his performances were usually what stood out as the bright spot through them all. Kevin Smith's commented on this and I think this is what caused Hemsworth to approach the MCU execs to move Thor in the current direction it's going in.
    I just saw an upcoming Netflix film where he's playing the villain so it seems like he's trying to diversify his acting portfolio again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Remember that Daredevil had a season 2 1/2 teaming up with other heroes. He was not exactly secluded.
    Well, I'm not entirely counting Frank and Elektra, since Elektra was created for the DD book and Frank had a pretty good arc in Miller's run before he ever had a book of his own. I'm thinking I dug the Defenders series more than most, though, although I probably would've handled The Hand differently.

Maybe if I enjoyed Ragnarok more .
    You are more than entitled to like what you want. I just triple dog dare you to tell everyone who enjoyed Ragnarok not to! lol

I just saw an upcoming Netflix film where he's playing the villain so it seems like he's trying to diversify his acting portfolio again.
    Well, maybe he just thought that was the best direction for the MCU version of Thor.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have seen enough of the Hand for a while. I would much rather they go into the orginiazed crime side of Marvel and leave the Ninjas alone for a while. I want to see some 2nd tier DD villains like Mister Fear, Bullet, Bushwacker, and the Eel. Let see some crime lords like the Owl, Silvermane, Tombstone, the Rose, Madame Masque, Slug, and Hammerhead all staking their claim on New York now that the Kingpin seems to be keeping a low profile. Daredevil trying to keep an all out gang war from breaking out would be a great storyline. Then you could have one of them decide to bring in the big gun and hire Bulleseye to take him out.

Save stuff like Elektra and the Hand for latter.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 05-23-2022 at 11:58 AM.