Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Well I believe the MCU stayed away from all the street stuff because Marvel TV back then was doing it on Netflix. Now that DD (not sure about Cage, Jones, Punisher or Fist) is MCU canon Feige has access to it all.

I would love to see the MCU have some invasion or world take over and see guys like Daredevil and Punisher taking the streets and back alleys to fight. I actually believe that may happen if done right.
    Yeah, Marvel TV handled the more "urban" stuff, but now the MCU has to. I am confident Feige can do a great job IF he is not working on too many projects.

will check it out but im not hopefully haven't enjoyed any disney plus show end to end..there were some good moments in most of them but for none of them was really a grand slam...will be curious what tone it has if they go lighter with something like DD it will probably not be my cup of tea personally.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right. Power levels change more often in the MCU than I change my underwear. So maybe Kingpin will be weaker again.
    I don't even think it will be necessarily that. One thing I noticed on the DD Netflix show, was that the fight choreography was a bit more grounded than what was shown in the movies. While I'm going to go ahead and assume part of that was to do with budget restraints, I also imagine it was also deliberate because of the tone of the series. If anything, I see DD's fights becoming a bit more fantastical, a la Captain America (although slightly toned down since Matt doesn't posses any physical superhuman powers).

I enjoy Daredevil, but I HATE the seedy world he inhabits. That's kind of why I never got too familiar with the character. I read superhero comics because I wanted fun escapism, and DD was so tied up in the hidden unpleasant and criminal parts of society. I was recently re-watched a classic film called the Pawnbroker. It had nudity (which I usually do NOT approve of), but it definitely exposed me to the harsh reality of living in an inner city with very LITTLE hope. I have always loved the Pawnbroker, but if you look at this clip, you can tell how dark and bleak life was for the people living in communities like Harlem back in 1965:

THIS is Daredevil's world in the comic books. Pimps, prostitutes, and drug addicts are the folks he deals with. It CAN'T be that way in Feige's MCU. It CAN'T!!!
    I mean, I don't see why not. As someone else noted, if Miller hadn't revitalized the character way back when, the book would've been canceled. And a big part of what Miller infused the book with is pimps, prostitutes, and drug addicts. It probably won't be as overt as on Netflix, but I'd be surprised if they were altogether absent.

Interesting and fun looking. But doesn't really tonally match the MCU's bright colors. I mean, why does Daredevil almost always have to hang out in situations where it is dark and raining? He doesn't ALWAYS have to do his superheroing at night. I don't think MCU audiences are ready for a "noirish" property like Sin City. That's too much like Batman. And as I recall, the first Daredevil movie also had a LOT of darkness and rain in it too. I find it amusing that characters like Batman and Daredevil only care about their "cities" as opposed to more global matters which might also require their assistance.
    Honestly, with guys like DD, he kinda has to. He doesn't have the kind of resources any one of the Avengers has (nor would I want him to). A big part of his appeal is that he's a working man's superhero.

I definitely agree with you that diversity and variety are great things and I hope the MCU continues to evolve over time. And I don't think DD needs to fight Doctor Doom or Galactus. That would be weird. I just think Feige's MCU has avoided Marvel's "street-level" stuff for so long, they actually don't really know how to handle it. I feel they excel mostly in tech-based and cosmic stories.
    I think it could also be just as likely that he was concentrating on that stuff for as long as he was because that's where he knew the guaranteed money/audience was. Now that the audience is more or less secured, I think it's entirely likely that he's looking to expand the MCU's wings a bit more. As much as I've enjoyed the movies they've released, I've always enjoyed the Netflix shows because they were on a much smaller, more personal scale.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 06-06-2022 at 11:42 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm divided on how I want him to appear. Part of me just wants another Netflix season but I wouldn't mind seeing a lighter Daredevil. A middle ground would be him as another outlier like Moon Knight or Loki. He's still in the MCU but more seperate from whatever going on.

Albert's take would work better for Iron Fist instead of Daredevil. He's always been the weakest part of his own mythos and works better as part of ensemble. So keep DD on his own and put Iron Fist with the Avengers.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-06-2022 at 05:15 PM.

I don't mind DD's fights being more fantastical in the MCU. Fits the vibe of that universe. I'm just saying it'll be such a jarring shift in tone if you see Matt interacting with mobsters, hustlers and strippers. The "dregs" of societies and the seedy underbellies of major metropolises. Where there are a lot of dangerous and desperate people. Yes, DD living in those environments revitalized his popularity in the COMIC BOOKS. I don't see Feige touching those subjects with a 10,000 foot long pole. There was already quite a bit of backlash to the gore and violence in the MoM with kids leaving theaters in tears and parents being upset about that. Disney's Marvel properties should be absolutely safe for family-friendly viewing. Its brand would be severely damaged if it promotes more adult content and explicit material. I'm definitely okay with Daredevil dealing with local problems, but I think it would be wise for the MCU to differentiate itself from the tones of the first Daredevil movie and his Netflix series. The Netflix Daredevil apparently dealt with that stuff in away that probably won't be matched again. So why bother competing? That's just setting people up for disappointment. That's also why I support changes in Magneto's and Professor X's origins as well. It makes no sense for Disney to emulate Fox when the latter already did a great job with those things. I definitely think Iron Fist's story could be improved. But we already got Shang-Chi (who is already pretty popular) in the MCU. I would merge Iron Fist's character with Shang. The MCU can't keep adding so many characters into its movies and shows. It's gonna be too hard for general audience members to keep track of them. I understand my opinions are somewhat controversial, but I think it is absolutely necessary for the MCU to streamline and distill the stories from the comic books in order to make them palatable for Disney's audiences (many of whom are parents and their children).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm divided on how I want him to appear. Part of me just wants another Netflix season but I wouldn't seeing a lighter Daredevil. A middle ground would be him as another outlier like Moon Knight or Loki. He's still in the MCU but more seperate from whatever going on.

Albert's take would work better for Iron Fist instead of Daredevil. He's always been the weakest part of his own mythos and probably work better as part of ensemble. So keep DD on his own and put Iron Fist with the Avengers.
    I'm on board with all of this.

I'm just saying it'll be such a jarring shift in tone if you see Matt interacting with mobsters, hustlers and strippers. The "dregs" of societies and the seedy underbellies of major metropolises. Where there are a lot of dangerous and desperate people. Yes, DD living in those environments revitalized his popularity in the COMIC BOOKS. I don't see Feige touching those subjects with a 10,000 foot long pole. There was already quite a bit of backlash to the gore and violence in the MoM with kids leaving theaters in tears and parents being upset about that. Disney's Marvel properties should be absolutely safe for family-friendly viewing. Its brand would be severely damaged if it promotes more adult content and explicit material. I'm definitely okay with Daredevil dealing with local problems, but I think it would be wise for the MCU to differentiate itself from the tones of the first Daredevil movie and his Netflix series. The Netflix Daredevil apparently dealt with that stuff in away that probably won't be matched again. So why bother competing? That's just setting people up for disappointment. That's also why I support changes in Magneto's and Professor X's origins as well. It makes no sense for Disney to emulate Fox when the latter already did a great job with those things. I definitely think Iron Fist's story could be improved. But we already got Shang-Chi (who is already pretty popular) in the MCU. I would merge Iron Fist's character with Shang. The MCU can't keep adding so many characters into its movies and shows. It's gonna be too hard for general audience members to keep track of them. I understand my opinions are somewhat controversial, but I think it is absolutely necessary for the MCU to streamline and distill the stories from the comic books in order to make them palatable for Disney's audiences (many of whom are parents and their children).
    I mean, like I've said, they already dealt with child traffickers. At this point, anything's on the table (like I said, variety's the spice of life). As far as it's brand is concerned, Disney already took some hits when they initiated their age restrictions settings and they seem to be doing just fine (again, like I said, they even kept the brief nudity in the first episode of Luke Cage). And I think differentiating what made the Netflix show so appealing in the first place would be a recipe for disaster, quite frankly.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 06-06-2022 at 02:49 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm on board with all of this.

I mean, like I've said, they already dealt with child traffickers. At this point, anything's on the table (like I said, variety's the spice of life). As far as it's brand is concerned, Disney already took some hits when they initiated their age restrictions settings and they seem to be doing just fine (again, like I said, they even kept the brief nudity in the first episode of Luke Cage). And I think differentiating what made the Netflix show so appealing in the first place would be a recipe for disaster, quite frankly.
    Oh yeah, Black Widow delved into some darker issues, but in (my opinion) a somewhat sanitized way. Disney definitely sanded out the darker elements of Black Widow's story with a LOT of goofy one-liners. That movie even made jokes about FORCED HYSTERECTOMIES for Pete's sake! And I LOVE MCU humor. I was TOTALLY FINE with it in Black Widow. So I agree with Marvel Studios keeping things light. I don't mind variety, but I think DD would gain even MORE widespread appeal if his show can be catered to broader audiences. I just don't think Disney can compete with Netflix's interpretation of Murdock. It seems to be pretty iconic. I definitely think Feige wants to go in a different direction. I trust that he will respect DD as a character though. I'm not worried about that. I have no problem with a goofy DD. I mean Thor and Strange are practically joke machines at this point in the MCU (unlike in the comics) and people seem to really like them (including myself)! I think the MoM was too dark for MCU audiences.

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, Black Widow delved into some darker issues, but in (my opinion) a somewhat sanitized way. Disney definitely sanded out the darker elements of Black Widow's story with a LOT of goofy one-liners. That movie even made jokes about FORCED HYSTERECTOMIES for Pete's sake! And I LOVE MCU humor. I was TOTALLY FINE with it in Black Widow. So I agree with Marvel Studios keeping things light. I don't mind variety, but I think DD would gain even MORE widespread appeal if his show can be catered to broader audiences.
    I think it's more likely they'd lose the show's initial appeal if they watered it down, tbh.

I just don't think Disney can compete with Netflix's interpretation of Murdock. It seems to be pretty iconic.
    I don't really think it has to compete in any way, shape, or form. Just draw from it and realize what made it a critical and commercial hit to begin with. There's really no need to try and reinvent the wheel here since the wheel seemed to be working great to begin with.

I have no problem with a goofy DD. I mean Thor and Strange are practically joke machines at this point in the MCU (unlike in the comics) and people seem to really like them (including myself)! I think the MoM was too dark for MCU audiences.
    Yeah, but unlike Thor and Dr. Strange, neither of them have had an interpretation that was as big of a hit as Netflix's version of Daredevil. Thor had to be reinvented. DD doesn't. Even attempting to do so would harm it if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think it's more likely they'd lose the show's initial appeal if they watered it down, tbh.

I don't really think it has to compete in any way, shape, or form. Just draw from it and realize what made it a critical and commercial hit to begin with. There's really no need to try and reinvent the wheel here since the wheel seemed to be working great to begin with.

Yeah, but unlike Thor and Dr. Strange, neither of them have had an interpretation that was as big of a hit as Netflix's version of Daredevil. Thor had to be reinvented. DD doesn't. Even attempting to do so would harm it if nothing else.
    DD's new Disney Plus project might lose some Netflix audiences if they watered down things. But there's always the opportunity for Matt to gain NEW fans in Disney's MCU. Sure Matt developed a big following on Netflix in the last decade, but there's definitely a LOT of Disney MCU fans who don't know ANYTHING about Daredevil and have largely stuck to the MCU's movies. Also lots of kids watch things on Disney Plus and don't have access to more adult content provided by other streamers. I think it would be wise for Feige to attend to those audiences as well. I know the Marvel Netflix stuff is on Disney Plus now, but I don't believe that many children actually watch it. A Disney DD is absolutely more accessible to them. I think DD's Netflix series went on for like forty HOURS! I feel it's unfair and unreasonable to expect Disney Marvel viewers to have to watch all that in order to understand the new DD series. The MCU is ALREADY having trouble keeping track of the characters that THEY introduced, so I think it would be better to keep things simple. Maintain some elements from Netflix's show (maybe by bringing back some former cast members), but a fresh start would make most sense to me.

Extraordinary Member

DD's new Disney Plus project might lose some Netflix audiences if they watered down things. But there's always the opportunity for Matt to gain NEW fans in Disney's MCU. Sure Matt developed a big following on Netflix in the last decade, but there's definitely a LOT of Disney MCU fans who don't know ANYTHING about Daredevil and have largely stuck to the MCU's movies.
    Sure, but after all this time, Marvel seems to know what works and what doesn't. Just by bringing in Cox and D'nofrio, they are full-on acknowledging that the approach the Netflix show took worked. They seem too smart just to overlook that.

Also lots of kids watch things on Disney Plus and don't have access to more adult content provided by other streamers. I think it would be wise for Feige to attend to those audiences as well.
    He already is with all of the other content on the site. Like I said, painting the entire universe with the same stroke is always a bad idea.

I know the Marvel Netflix stuff is on Disney Plus now, but I don't believe that many children actually watch it.
    Well, depending on what their parents say, it really may not be suitable for them. And again, I don't know why it has to be. It's not like Marvel's hurting for viewers and need to make a move so transparently desperate as watering down a character to the point where all of his appeal is taken away.

The MCU is ALREADY having trouble keeping track of the characters that THEY introduced, so I think it would be better to keep things simple. Maintain some elements from Netflix's show (maybe by bringing back some former cast members), but a fresh start would make most sense to me.
    A fresh start, sure. Ditching what made the show appealing and replacing it with something that it's not, not so much.

Extraordinary Member

Well I believe the MCU stayed away from all the street stuff because Marvel TV back then was doing it on Netflix. Now that DD (not sure about Cage, Jones, Punisher or Fist) is MCU canon Feige has access to it all.
    Netflix daredevil was canon(early season) but not canon anymore.
    This new series will be canon and is a reboot/soft reboot.
    Anyway this a new series(reboot) and making the point that this will not be netflix daredevil,so the tone could be different and making this series lighter is a good idea to make that point further.
    If it happens i will have no problem with it.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-06-2022 at 11:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios interested in Light & Fun Daredevil Series on Disney+

The mcu currrent canon shows are darker on average then the dceu show peacemaker and cw dc shows.
    Peacemaker is a action comedy and mcu phase 4 has been darker overall then the current dceu anyway.
    This new daredevil show will not be tone wise like the netflix shows because neflix daredevil is rated r and this new show will not be.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-07-2022 at 05:11 AM.

The new show can tone it down all they want. They still need to give us a guy in a red devil suit kicking ass and running around rooftops in Hell's kitchen. If anyone actually thinks this is going to be Daredevil holding hands with bad guys and smiling then just dont watch it all together. You expectations are already ruined by your own thoughts, opinions and views before the show has even begun production. If you are expecting swearing, blood, all out rated R stuff then just go back and watch the Netflix show. There are 3 whole season for you to enjoy.

Now if Disney said they were doing The Punisher on Disney+ then I would see what you are saying. That is a whole different story.

As long as we get a Daredevil show with Charlie Cox playing Matt Murdock/DD, fighting bad guys in the streets and rooftops and more I am 100% buying into the Disney+ show. If it disappoints and is awful I will be the first one to say it and post it right here.

I just dont get why people are so upset at this. Even before the show has begun rolling most are saying "this is not going to be my daredevil". How do you know?! Have you already seen it?! Are you friends with the director?! Do you have a inside scoop?! I am guessing all of those questions will be answered with a big NO. If you are already dont like the show or the idea of the show on Disney+ I would just suggest not watching it.

I am hearing they may go the route of what Mark Waid did years ago in the comics. Now I liked that whole run but yes it was toned down. It was still great though. I am a huge Waid fan because of his Daredevil run.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 06-07-2022 at 04:45 AM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Edited above.

Oh and here is this.
    Daredevil Will Reportedly Don Yellow Costume in ‘She-Hulk’

A weight was lifted off of Charlie Cox‘s shoulders this week as the MCU overlord Kevin Feige himself made the announcement that Charlie was slated to return as Matt Murdock in future appearances. However, Charlie has still a lot of rumors and reports to fend off in future press interviews such as this latest one claiming that Daredevil will don his classic yellow outfit in a purported appearance in She-Hulk.

According to insider KC Walsh in the Change My Mind podcast, he says the following:
    A lot of cameos, the biggest one, again, I don’t think this is spoiling anything if you’ve already been on the internet, but Daredevil is definitely showing up in costume, in the yellow digs, so that’ll be nice.
    Knowing Feige’s love for the roots of Marvel characters, it isn’t surprising to see him bat for something brand new for ‘Ol Hornhead. The Netflix shows relied too heavily on his now-iconic makeshift black costume, opting to use his tactical red costume less and less as the story went on. That Marvel Studios is keen on giving us a new look for Daredevil is very exciting and can only mean for things we haven’t seen yet with the character in live-action.
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/da...he-hulk-rumor/

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Edited above.

Oh and here is this.
    Daredevil Will Reportedly Don Yellow Costume in ‘She-Hulk’

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/da...he-hulk-rumor/
    Seriously?! Wow very interesting if true.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime