Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Olympus Rebirth by Cloonrad and Yarsky

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/19/ex...pus-rebirth-1/

After years of bitter and violent conflict, the Greek pantheon of gods stands united to welcome their latest goddess…Hippolyta of Themyscira!

Due to her heroic efforts in the mortal realm, the former queen has earned her rightful place among the gods and plans to use her newfound powers to take care of her Amazon sisters from beyond. Little does she know, some of the gods are wary of the new future Hippolyta brings and will do just about anything to stop it!

Join the Wonder Woman writing duo of Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad—along with artist Caitlin Yarsky (Black Hammer) in her DC debut—for an unforgettable new adventure on Mount Olympus. It’s only the beginning of many exciting things to come for Wonder Woman and her world!

OLYMPUS: REBIRTH #1
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art by CAITLIN YARSKY
    Colors by JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Variant cover by TULA LOTAY
    1:25 variant cover by LEE WEEKS
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | One-shot | Variant $6.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/23/22
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 05-19-2022 at 05:20 PM.

Surprise Hippolyta series is surprising. And I guess using the Greek Gods so Diana doesn't have to deal with them .

It's nice that death isn't precluding more Hippolyta content at least. I wonder if they'll acknowledge her "relationship" with Zeus in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprise Hippolyta series is surprising. And I guess using the Greek Gods so Diana doesn't have to deal with them .

It's nice that death isn't precluding more Hippolyta content at least. I wonder if they'll acknowledge her "relationship" with Zeus in this.

Yaaas! I am really happy and speechless, the fact of how the Wonderverse is expanding is incredible and I think it never happened like this before.

1. That’s awesome, let’s Hippolyta have a unique status quo without having the need to replace Nubia, Nubia can be queen and Hippolyta a god.

2. So is Zeus being Diana’s dad still a thing? Because if so Hera is going to be upset when Hippolyta gets up there.

3. This isn’t a Artemis knew Hippolyta had to become a god and therefore had no choice but to kill her is it?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

OMFG THIS IS SO FREAKING COOL AS A STATUS QUO!!!!!!

They are really evolving this world now!!!

I love these writers

This was what I imagined would happen all along. It seemed pretty clear from the Bana-Mighdall backups in the main Wonder Woman book that the Amazons had a long term strategy that involved Hippolyta transcending (via Artemis’s actions); Atalanta and Antiope handling Doom’s Doorway; Nubia’s modern/evolved queendom; and the Amazon tribes uniting. These are chessboard moves. It seems like they are covering all of their basis in preparation for something big and dangerous.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 05-19-2022 at 06:40 PM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    This was what I imagined would happen all along. It seemed pretty clear from the Bana-Mighdall backups in the main Wonder Woman book that the Amazons had a long term strategy that involved Hippolyta transcending (via Artemis’s actions); Atalanta and Antiope handling Doom’s Doorway; Nubia’s modern/evolved queendom; and the Amazon tribes uniting. These are chessboard moves. It seems like they are covering all of their basis in preparation for something big and dangerous.
    I had originally thought it was going to involve the underworld specifically, but yeah this was all planned out before hand.

Looks promising, not holding my breath, but I am intrigued. What parts of Wonder mythos stuff are they going to mention though? the relationship with Zeus? Hippolyta as Ares's daughter? Diana's old title as goddess of Truth?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I know you guys hate the Azz run but man I’m so happy they seem to be keeping the Chiang designs for the gods, they’re so much better than “dudes in togas”. Glad they’re continuing to push WW and giving Hippolyta something to do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I know you guys hate the Azz run but man I’m so happy they seem to be keeping the Chiang designs for the gods, they’re so much better than “dudes in togas”. Glad they’re continuing to push WW and giving Hippolyta something to do.
    They've kept some of them. Last time I think we saw most of them in Cloonan/Conrad's run it was a mix of togas (Zeus and Hera) and Chiang's designs (Hades and Hephaestus), Ares was a in generic black version of Perez armor from JL #75 I think.

Wouldn't be surprised if some get another redeco if the solicit is hyping the artist.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-19-2022 at 07:52 PM.

I cannot wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well from what we saw in WW 775 when the gods are rescued their "souls" have exactly the same design created by Chiang. Then at Olympus they are all "guys in togas" except for Hades, Hephaestus and Apollo who keep the design of the New 52. From what we see on this cover, they keep that design established by Andy McDonald in that issue.

OK, that actually sounds pretty awesome. Great development for the character.

YAAAAAAAYYYYY! I wanted more and I'm getting MORE!