Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That's exciting. Really interested to see how this plays out and why the Gods allow her into her ranks (as they once did Diana).

Still doesnt make her weak ass death any better though lol

Worse thing that could happen is if they use this to confirm Daddy Zeus.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    They've kept some of them. Last time I think we saw most of them in Cloonan/Conrad's run it was a mix of togas (Zeus and Hera) and Chiang's designs (Hades and Hephaestus), Ares was a in generic black version of Perez armor from JL #75 I think.

Wouldn't be surprised if some get another redeco if the solicit is hyping the artist.
    Point of reference, they're not togas. That's specifically an ancient Roman garment. Ancient Greek garments would be a chiton, a himation, a peplos or a chlamys.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That's exciting. Really interested to see how this plays out and why the Gods allow her into her ranks (as they once did Diana).

Still doesnt make her weak ass death any better though lol
    The Pantheon is a better fit than the Justice League.

Some of you - your posts just bubble over, with hate for Zeus. Here's the problem, with that...

As long as Superman, Darkseid, Grail [F'ing Grail, now?! Are you serious?] or even mortals, like Batman or Lex Luthor, ..can walk up to the gods, who empower Wonder Woman, and backslap them into next Christmas, ..in the eyes of comics fans...

Wonder Woman will be poop.

So, I don't really care, whether it holds up Papi Zeus origin or not. Unless this miniseries is going to redefine the DCU Greek gods, as monstrously powerful, cosmic bad@$$es, on a footing with the Fourth Worlders or freaking Mongul, at least, ..I'll pass.

Darkseid should never have been allowed to appear to kill Zeus, whether he's papi or not. Zeus is the king and top of the power-order of the gods, who empower WW. That, alone, should warrant some editorial care be taken, with Zeus and the other Olympians, in a story.

No, Misogynist Writer X, Superman doesn't b-slap Apollo, the living incarnation of light, real and imagined, and the same SUN, that powers Superman, ..just because you hate WW, ..and just walk off, between the raindrops, unscathed. That sort of thing really should be regulated, at the editorial level, if WW's power is going to rank her is ever going to be something special, in a story.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-21-2022 at 06:15 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Great, now I'm imagining a universe where Diana was sculpted from poop. Thanks for nothing.

Anyway, I don't mind Fourth World characters like Darkseid being portrayed as superior to the Greek Pantheon. The Fourth World characters are the New Gods, the next generation of Gods and they're also more cosmic in nature while the Greeks Gods are mostly earth bound. Even Greek mythology exists in cycles with Uranus being castrated by Cronus who in turn was overthrown by Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Some of you - your posts just bubble over, with hate for Zeus. Here's the problem, with that...

As long as Superman, Darkseid, Grail [F'ing Grail, now?! Are you serious?] or even mortals, like Batman or Lex Luthor, ..can walk up to the gods, who empower Wonder Woman, and backslap them into next Christmas, ..in the eyes of comics fans...

So, I don't really care, whether it holds up Papi Zeus origin or not. Unless this miniseries is going to redefine the DCU Greek gods, as monstrously powerful, cosmic bad@$$es, on a footing with the Fourth Worlders or freaking Mongul, at least, ..I'll pass.

Darkseid should never have been allowed to appear to kill Zeus, whether he's papi or not. Zeus is the king and top of the power-order of the gods, who empower WW. That, alone, should warrant some editorial care be taken, with Zeus and the other Olympians, in a story.

No, Misogynist Writer X, Superman doesn't b-slap Apollo, the living incarnation of light, real and imagined, and the same SUN, that powers Superman, ..just because you hate WW, ..and just walk off, between the raindrops, unscathed. That sort of thing really should be regulated, at the editorial level, if WW's power is going to rank her is ever going to be something special, in a story.
    On this we agree.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Great, now I'm imagining a universe where Diana was sculpted from poop. Thanks for nothing.

Anyway, I don't mind Fourth World characters like Darkseid being portrayed as superior to the Greek Pantheon. The Fourth World characters are the New Gods, the next generation of Gods and they're also more cosmic in nature while the Greeks Gods are mostly earth bound. Even Greek mythology exists in cycles with Uranus being castrated by Cronus who in turn was overthrown by Zeus.
    Zeus's thunder bolts in greek mythology can destroy universes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Why did it take this long for this to happen? Great idea, hope the execution matches.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Zeus's thunder bolts in greek mythology can destroy universes.
    Darkseid is.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Darkseid is.
    I'm just saying that saying the Greek Gods are more earth bound is like a "yes but no actually" statement.

I also very much don't care for fourth world machinations in Wonder books when its half assed and dull. example: Zeus vs angsty teen Darkseid in Robbinson's run.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    On this we agree.
    Phil Jimenez talked about this in some interviews on Historia where he doesn't like seeing the Greek Gods fight with characters like Superman since he think it underserves them and as a result also underserves the Amazons.

Phil Jimenez talked about this in some interviews on Historia where he doesn't like seeing the Greek Gods fight with characters like Superman since he think it underserves them and as a result also underserves the Amazons.
    He wouldn't have liked Injustice Year 4 .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He wouldn't have liked Injustice Year 4 .
    Well, yeah he has taste.

One panel in Historia #1 has more talent put it into it than the whole Injustice franchise.