Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I can't say i ever knew or cared much for the Eternals and their motivations/actions before their movie and i highly doubt i'm going to be convinced to do so by this crossover. So this is going to be a lot of passes for me in that month and waiting it out again.

Doesn't help that it seems unlikely anything major will truely change about the X-men line from it's outcome, seeing how it occurs in the middle of ongoing stories entirely unconnected to it. So it seems the crossover will come, interrupt several titles for a month, go and leave nothing of value behind beyond having another group established who for some contrived reason has it out for the mutants.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Well the writer was saying issues were going to second printing so this may get past the 5 issue mark. It may be another Excalibur run. We just need to see what the monthly sales are like from issue 1 to issue 2.
    Yeah totally, I remember X-Corp was a stealth mini so I'm wondering if this is the same.

Also when did Marvel reduce arcs from 6 issues to 5?

Mighty Member

X-MEN & MOON GIRL #1
    Mohale Mashigo (W) • David Cutler (A)
    Cover by Alitha E. Martinez
    Variant Cover by Khary Randolph
    Variant Cover by Ejiwa “Edge” Ebenebe
    TO THE MOON AND BEYOND!
    The High Evolutionary is a dino-napper! With Captain Marvel’s help, Lunella tracks him all the way to the Moon itself to get him back, and stop the High Evolutionary from setting an army of dino-clones loose on Earth. But even when they’re reunited, something’s wrong – her connection with DD has been broken. Now Moon Girl must team up with Wolverine and chase the High Evolutionary to Counter-Earth in search of answers… or risk losing her best friend for good.
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$4.99

*A.X.E.: Judgement Day #3 & 4
    *A.X.E.: Death to Mutants #2
    *X-Men Red #6
    *Immortal X-Men #6
    *X-Men #14
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    X-MEN & MOON GIRL #1
    Mohale Mashigo (W) • David Cutler (A)
    Cover by Alitha E. Martinez
    Variant Cover by Khary Randolph
    Variant Cover by Ejiwa “Edge” Ebenebe
    TO THE MOON AND BEYOND!
    The High Evolutionary is a dino-napper! With Captain Marvel’s help, Lunella tracks him all the way to the Moon itself to get him back, and stop the High Evolutionary from setting an army of dino-clones loose on Earth. But even when they’re reunited, something’s wrong – her connection with DD has been broken. Now Moon Girl must team up with Wolverine and chase the High Evolutionary to Counter-Earth in search of answers… or risk losing her best friend for good.
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$4.99

Oh this looks cute. I use to read devil girl which was a good book. not the most logical book but it was a fun book. none of her inventions really seemed possible but somehow it worked.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

GAMBIT #4 (OF 5)
    CHRIS CLAREMONT (W) • SID KOTIAN (A)
    Cover by WHILCE PORTACIO
    REMY AND RO’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!
    • Riverboat heists! Interdimensional battles! And an OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD concert with headliner LILA CHENEY!
    • But headhunters from beyond the stars threaten to disrupt the festivities, and their actions will change the course of GAMBIT and RO’s destinies forever!
    • All this and BOUNTY strikes!

An awesome cover by While Portacio.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah totally, I remember X-Corp was a stealth mini so I'm wondering if this is the same.

Writers have no obligation to Marvel to write 6-issue arcs

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    GAMBIT #4 (OF 5)
    CHRIS CLAREMONT (W) • SID KOTIAN (A)
    Cover by WHILCE PORTACIO
    REMY AND RO’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!
    • Riverboat heists! Interdimensional battles! And an OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD concert with headliner LILA CHENEY!
    • But headhunters from beyond the stars threaten to disrupt the festivities, and their actions will change the course of GAMBIT and RO’s destinies forever!
    • All this and BOUNTY strikes!

An awesome cover by While Portacio.
    This is a book I am reading solely because its Chris... he is the goat so I gotta pay my respect.

Mighty Member

Marvel really loves the X-men.I wonder if the Eternals didnt end if some of the tie-ins would be in the Eternals but i have to say i love the covers to judgment tie ins

Incredible Member

Amusing to read the August solicits when most of these books will gradually shift to September release dates.
    At this point, Marvel should just come out and say, "July will be August, August will be September, and we'll see you in October". I know there isn't a whole lot they can do about the paper and production issues, but the solicits kinda seem to be wild-ass guesses these days.

A.x.e.: Judgment day #3 (of 6)
    a.x.e.: Judgment day #4 (of 6)
    a.x.e.: Death to the mutants #2 (of 3)
    x-men red #6
    immortal x-men #6
    x-men #14
    wolverine #24
    x-force #31
    x-terminators #2 (of 5)
    new mutants #29
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

There was nothing stealth about X-Corps. It was stated from the beginning to be a limited series, similar to Fallen Angels, and all the solicitations always said “* of 5“ (insert number). That's not the same for Knights of X thus far.

And arcs can be as long or as short as the writer wants.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Marvel really loves the X-men.I wonder if the Eternals didnt end if some of the tie-ins would be in the Eternals but i have to say i love the covers to judgment tie ins
    Someone on here that speculated that Death to the Mutants would have just been Eternals since it's written by Gillen and kept Ribic as the cover artist.

Does anyone else find it sort of insane that Eternals seemingly ended right before their big crossover event with the rest of MU? Seems like this would be the perfect way to boost sales and get folks interested in that book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Someone on here that speculated that Death to the Mutants would have just been Eternals since it's written by Gillen and kept Ribic as the cover artist.

Does anyone else find it sort of insane that Eternals seemingly ended right before their big crossover event with the rest of MU? Seems like this would be the perfect way to boost sales and get folks interested in that book.
    I would have assumed the same thing, honestly. It makes sense to me, but eh. Its Marvel. They love being inexplicable. Instead of being called the House of Ideas they should be called the House of Seriously, What the ****.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Not if it was always intended to be a 12-issue story that led directly into the AXE event after which Marvel and Gillen then relaunches another #1 Eternals series. These things are planned well in advance with ample wiggle room for time and story adjustments.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!