We're about a year and a half into DC's current "Everything Happened" approach to its twisty turn-y oft-rebooted contradictory 80+ year old continuity. Surprisingly, the most recent Crisis is explicitly not about tinkering with that continuity yet again.

Over that last year and a half, DC creators have freely referred to pre-Crisis, post-Crisis, New 52, and other media with very little in the way of continuity-breaking, mostly because no one has gotten particularly specific in regards to the stuff that might get readers and creators stuck in the weeds, such as the specifics and timing of Jon Kent's birth & childhood, when exactly Steve Trevor met Wonder Wonder, and what Donna Troy's origin actually is. Thus far, avoiding those topics hasn't really become an issue yet, although I'm sure at some point, they'll have to address it.

From my perspective, I don't mind it all, the "everything in the toy box is at your disposal" option feels like the best one in regards to storytelling. I don't really need everything to fit together neatly. As long as the characters feel like the ones we've been following for decades and the broad strokes of their histories and journey's up to this point are intact, I don't really need them to try to untangle the more knotty parts of their continuity unless that makes for an interesting story...and that's a very rare animal.

What do you think? Are you happy with the current status quo or would you like an exhaustive timeline pegging everything down so you can nitpick it for what it's gotten wrong?