Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Wishmaster cant really do anything without someone wishing and him warping that wish.

Even fully powered, what feats does he have aside from “trampling angel wings” with no feats themselves.
    By fully powered I mean he has access to all he's powers meaning he can do anything he was shown to do in the movies thoughs are the feats also ppl always say he is powerless with out someone makeing a wish this is not true he does things like superspeed or teleport all with out a wish.

Astonishing Member

And if you want something to distract/make the funnies muscleys look into, the movie Underwater had a giant live adaptation of Cthulhu who detached many smaller sea monsters and required a nuclear reactor explosion (from a company able to mine deep into the Marianas Trench) in order to get rid of.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If they fall asleep in Springwood, OH after hearing about Freddy Kreuger, things could get interesting.
    Of course, reality warping might be an issue. I just say "might" simply because Freddy (your example) has been beaten by teenagers with dedication and spoonfuls of instant coffee and such, and he might not be able to actually manipulate aliens and gods and sorcerers and infinity stone powered people. But he's pretty weaksauce in general preferring to play with his food before eating it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    By fully powered I mean he has access to all he's powers meaning he can do anything he was shown to do in the movies thoughs are the feats also ppl always say he is powerless with out someone makeing a wish this is not true he does things like superspeed or teleport all with out a wish.
    That's not going to do much to CM or Thor. That might get him close enough to get AoEd, and he definitely doesn't have feats for resisting what they put out.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's not going to do much to CM or Thor. That might get him close enough to get AoEd, and he definitely doesn't have feats for resisting what they put out.
    For sure they can definitely destroy he's physical body but he can also come back from pretty much anything as well and just un make them DP them or time dumb them whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    And if you want something to distract/make the funnies muscleys look into, the movie Underwater had a giant live adaptation of Cthulhu who detached many smaller sea monsters and required a nuclear reactor explosion (from a company able to mine deep into the Marianas Trench) in order to get rid of.
    It didn't require a nuclear reactor explosion that's just what they used there's nothing to say CM just can't fly though it's head and take it down.

Of course, reality warping might be an issue. I just say "might" simply because Freddy (your example) has been beaten by teenagers with dedication and spoonfuls of instant coffee and such, and he might not be able to actually manipulate aliens and gods and sorcerers and infinity stone powered people. But he's pretty weaksauce in general preferring to play with his food before eating it.
    Hm they always needed plot reasons to beat him in the dream would no regular teenager ever beat him in the dream would did they? As for affecting aliens and gods I always go by a dream is a dream if the person super powerd Bing can dreem FK can git in that dream now that doesn't mean he can beat him but I don't think anyone has immunity just because they have powers unless you are Dormammu or someone

For sure they can definitely destroy he's physical body but he can also come back from pretty much anything as well and just un make them DP them or time dumb them whatever.
    He'd need someone to wish for those things, though, wouldn't he?

Hm they always needed plot reasons to beat him in the dream would no regular teenager ever beat him in the dream would did they? As for affecting aliens and gods I always go by a dream is a dream if the person super powerd Bing can dreem FK can git in that dream now that doesn't mean he can beat him but I don't think anyone has immunity just because they have powers unless you are Dormammu or someone
    Thing is, his stuff only works on beings as strong or tough as it's worked on. Cool claw stuff that cuts up a human isn't even tickling Carol. Freddy is in a weird situation for me with that. We know that he can manipulate dream world reality, but he doesn't do things that would actually affect anyone significantly more impressive that human.

He'd need someone to wish for those things, though, wouldn't he?

Thing is, his stuff only works on beings as strong or tough as it's worked on. Cool claw stuff that cuts up a human isn't even tickling Carol. Freddy is in a weird situation for me with that. We know that he can manipulate dream world reality, but he doesn't do things that would actually affect anyone significantly more impressive that human.
    For wishmaster yes he would need someone to Wish I was useing a Wishmaster who was at full power if it's just regular wishmaster nothing he can really do here

For Freddy Krueger he's done things like mind control turn ppl into bugs and other things TK TP lots of crazy stuff I'd say there's plenty he can do to super people.

Astonishing Member

I once suggest a thread where the Avengers having pizza together watch the Ring video and let Samara loose after them. Of course, they all could get drunk and say Candyman five times looking in the mirror.

Debatable how physical powers would do you any good in these situations on the offense. Physical resilience might deter Candyman's hook unless it is supernatural. Samara's powers are weirder - I can't predict who can resist them. Some of them have been mind controlled in the past.

Strange, Wong and Thor seemed the best bet to beat these two or at least resist them.

Well, The Mummy and Mummy Returns are classified as horror films. Imhotep at full power could give a fair number of the Avengers problems.

Astonishing Member

The Tom Cruise female Mummy was nothing to sneeze at.

None of them have any defenses against Pennywise and his true form, the Deadlights. He's an entity that in the books has devoured universes, and nothing short of the Stephen King-verse's supreme being Gan could really do anything to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    No feats. CM or Thor could take care of that sucker easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    None of them have any defenses against Pennywise and his true form, the Deadlights. He's an entity that in the books has devoured universes, and nothing short of the Stephen King-verse's supreme being Gan could really do anything to stop him.
    Likewise this. No feats.

Notwithstanding out-of-media material (which are nowhere in the *movies* these characters are in per se), there is a difference between presentation and feats.

Spectacular Member

No single horror movie monster is gonna beat the Avengers. The Avengers (well, many of them) fight horrors on their own, singly. And Doctor Strange has the smarts to figure out how to beat the reality warpers.

The only way this works is to get a team up of Horror movie monsters, coming at the heroes when they are weak (in traditional Horror movie form) and then attacking the survivors en mass.

Something like The Cloverfield Monster, Dracula, Wishmaster, Freddy Krueger, and a few others... then you've got a cool horror movie monster vs Avengers scenario. Maybe Drac leads the pack to destroy the heroes (creating tons of vampires, as cannon fodder, and trying to turning at least one or two Avengers into vampire superpowered servants.) Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel and Thor are the real threats.

My two cents.