Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman vs. Robin by Mark Waid and Mahmud Asrar

According to Waid, the series spins out of events in the first arc of his current Batman/Superman: World’s Finest series with artist Dan Mora, which sees the Dark Knight and a number of other heroes – including, of course, Superman and the original Robin – face off against the historical threat of the Devil Nezha himself.

The new mini will run five oversized issues starting in September and see Damian and his father have to come to terms with something outside their regular day-to-day crimefighting.

"What I can say is that the first arc of World's Finest is, was, and always has been, designed deliberately to lead into what is going to be Batman vs. Robin," the writer teases. "What I was trying to do with Batman versus Robin was try to take them into a realm that I'm not used to seeing them in, which is dark magic sorcery, rather than science, rather than logic and detective stuff. We've seen Batman and sort of peripheral magic, but I want to get into the down and dirty of it."
    Last edited by Hypo; 05-20-2022 at 08:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Why am I feeling that it's going to lead to Alfred's resurrection?
    Anyway, I'm not a fan of making another Bruce/Damian conflict, but it's Waid, so, it's must read for me. And it's nice to see, that Flatline is going to be here as well.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 05-20-2022 at 08:53 AM.

I'm immediately reminded of the animated movie.

I'm kind of surprised Waid is writing a "current" story (even if it's building from his Batman/Superman run) and that he seems to be continuing from both that and Williamson' story from Shadow War and Robin.

I guess with Tim as Zdarsky's Robin, things between Bruce and Damian are still going to be tense.

Also, is that Zatanna next to Flatline?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Anyway, I'm not a fan of making another Bruce/Damian conflict, but it's Waid, so, it's must read for me. And it's nice to see, that Flatline is going to be here as well.
    That seems like the most obvious place for this story to go right? Especially with this being a event series with oversized issues, I feel like Waid could have just took over the Robin book if this was just a small story. But with it apparently being in the works since before he started worlds finest, gotta imagine this story will have big implications. I’m really excited!

Astonishing Member

With Tim playing partner in Zdarsky's run, Dick getting some real prominence as Robin in Waid's own Batman And Superman, and between this and Shadow War DC still making an effort to tell stories with Damian working with Bruce - the role of Robin as Batman's partner is getting more love than it has for years, and I'm all for it.

I won't pretend not to be biased, though - if we're doing a Batman And Robin story spinning about of that Batman and Superman arc, there better be some prominent Nightwing!

I will check it out.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    With Tim playing partner in Zdarsky's run, Dick getting some real prominence as Robin in Waid's own Batman And Superman, and between this and Shadow War DC still making an effort to tell stories with Damian working with Bruce - the role of Robin as Batman's partner is getting more love than it has for years, and I'm all for it.

I won't pretend not to be biased, though - if we're doing a Batman And Robin story spinning about of that Batman and Superman arc, there better be some prominent Nightwing!
    Really we're just missing some healthy, good, Bruce and Jason content.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What about some Bruce and Steph content?

Urban Legends 1-6.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm immediately reminded of the animated movie.

I'm kind of surprised Waid is writing a "current" story (even if it's building from his Batman/Superman run) and that he seems to be continuing from both that and Williamson' story from Shadow War and Robin.

I guess with Tim as Zdarsky's Robin, things between Bruce and Damian are still going to be tense.

Also, is that Zatanna next to Flatline?
    Yeah it's Zatanna

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    We’re already past that damain decided against it

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, if we're counting all the Robins ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Urban Legends 1-6.
    I've heard mixed reactions to that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Step isn’t his daughter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well, if we're counting all the Robins ...

I've heard mixed reactions to that.
    Ideologically yes, but that's pretty much the only recent social interaction where they don't just punch each other and actually talk. Even in Task Force Z after that, they throw hands first.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm happy to see Asrar back at DC. His work is stellar (not if we can just get him on a Titans title, I would be thrillled!)