Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

The colors I could live with, even though I prefer him in green, it's just that the design is messy and simply too much. It lacks elegance.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    The colors I could live with, even though I prefer him in green, it's just that the design is messy and simply too much. It lacks elegance.
    I'm OK with the design, as I see it as unique to Damian....well at least until it's adopted by another character. It blends Talia, Robin and Batman elements into one suit. But I agree it's not as flashy as his prior suits. I suppose they removed the more hopeful colors in anticipation of his dark turn.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    I'm OK with the design, as I see it as unique to Damian....well at least until it's adopted by another character. It blends Talia, Robin and Batman elements into one suit. But I agree it's not as flashy as his prior suits. I suppose they removed the more hopeful colors in anticipation of his dark turn.
    Idk, to me it looks like Peter Pan fell in a bucket of grey paint and then added too many stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    damn he is back guessing why bruce and damian are fighting again for the 100th time is cause one probably wants alfred to stay and the other wants him back underground
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

He was disowned by his father and the other heroes?!

When did that happen? Didn't just make up?

Also the disrespect to Dick Grayson and Damian. I guess they played no part in Damian's learning/Jounery to becoming a hero.

I miss Wayne Manor...among other things (Hint Hint).
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He was disowned by his father and the other heroes?!

When did that happen? Didn't just make up?

Also the disrespect to Dick Grayson and Damian. I guess they played no part in Damian's learning/Jounery to becoming a hero.
    Where does it say he was disowned?

I think it makes sense in the context of the story to focus on Bruce and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss Wayne Manor...among other things (Hint Hint).

Where does it say he was disowned?

I think it makes sense in the context of the story to focus on Bruce and Damian.
    On the very last page that has Batman vs Robin written in big letters is a text that kinda summarizes Damian's situation leading into this.
    But I was also confused by that choice of words. Damian's wasn't disowned by Batman and Gotham's other heroes.
    For all his faults, Bruce has made it clear that he wants Damian in Gotham and preferably at his side.
    He asked Damian to come home with him in the Teen Titans annual, he tried to give him the R back at the end of Tomasi's Tec arc, in Robin Dick and the others were supposed to take him home and in a recent issue Bruce almost got into a fistfight with Talia because she wanted to take him with her.

I guess "disowned" sounds more dramatic? But it's not accurate.

On the very last page that has Batman vs Robin written in big letters is a text that kinda summarizes Damian's situation leading into this.
    But I was also confused by that choice of words. Damian's wasn't disowned by Batman and Gotham's other heroes.
    For all his faults, Bruce has made it clear that he wants Damian in Gotham and preferably at his side.
    He asked Damian to come home with him in the Teen Titans annual, he tried to give him the R back at the end of Tomasi's Tec arc, in Robin Dick and the others were supposed to take him home and in a recent issue Bruce almost got into a fistfight with Talia because she wanted to take him with her.

I guess "disowned" sounds more dramatic? But it's not accurate.
    This is all truly frustrating. Why does Dc keep doing this? Maybe fans eat it up. Maybe it makes so much money why they keep doing it.

Disowning your son for doing something you taught him and which you are currently doing [personal prison that locks ups bad guys and tortures them] isn't something a hero would do. It's not something a good person would do.

Although batman also left the JL when they started mind-wiping people.

Damian isn't conflicted at least he shouldn't be. A kid who decided to leave the LOA Before age to try to help people.

A kid who gave his life twice to save the world.
    A kid who went back to hell to help a team mate.
    He spent a year travelling the world trying to right his wrongs and put thing right for everything he did during his year of blood.

He seems pretty dedicated. There shouldn't be be a conflict within him. This push and pull is so basic. It's basic writing. The kid of opposing houses torn between dynasties/loyalties. That is stale.

This preview took away so much of my excitement for this mini.

The fact that the writers are already twisting Damian's canon to make the story work is a bad start and [for me ] an indication of what to expect from the story.

The article keeps talking about a surprising shocking spoiler/return.

Do these people think we readers are that dumb? we know it's Alfred. We knew before this preview came out.

Not only is it obvious as hell, solicits already spoilt it ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Agreed.

Never being a big fan of the Robin colours to be honest.

It was a huge part of why growing up I viewed the character as lame. A joke character that i never gave the time of day.

I mean it made no sense to me why a hero who works at night would wear the same colours as a Christmas elf.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-19-2022 at 04:24 AM.

This is all truly frustrating. Why does Dc keep doing this? Maybe fans eat it up. Maybe it makes so much money why they keep doing it.

Disowning your son for doing something you taught him and which you are currently doing [personal prison that locks ups bad guys and tortures them] isn't something a hero would do. It's not something a good person would do.

Although batman also left the JL when they started mind-wiping people.

Damian isn't conflicted at least he shouldn't be. A kid who decided to leave the LOA Before age to try to help people.

A kid who gave his life twice to save the world.
    A kid who went back to hell to help a team mate.
    He spent a year travelling the world trying to right his wrongs and put thing right for everything he did during his year of blood.

He seems pretty dedicated. There shouldn't be be a conflict within him. This push and pull is so basic. It's basic writing. The kid of opposing houses torn between dynasties/loyalties. That is stale.

This preview took away so much of my excitement for this mini.

The fact that the writers are already twisting Damian's canon to make the story work is a bad start and [for me ] an indication of what to expect from the story.
    Well, to be fair, this text at the end might not have been written by Waid, it sounds more like something someone in the marketing department might write (like the solicitations that are also often inaccurate).
    I think the stuff about being torn and on the search for a way to feel whole is more about Damian's recent arc in Robin, but correct me if I'm wrong, I wasn't impressed by Williamson's writing and thus didn't really keep up with it.
    I guess they chose to reduce Damian's conflict to this because this way we are reminded that Damian feels bad because of Alfred (who is back...maybe) and it's way easier to explain in a small space than that whole Teen Titans mess.

We'll have to see what Waid writes in the actual story, but at least the art so far doesn't support the notion that Damian was disowned. He's seen walking away from Bruce with an angry expression and Bruce is reaching for him.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 08-19-2022 at 04:36 AM.

Well, to be fair, this text at the end might not have been written by Waid, it sounds more like something someone in the marketing department might write (like the solicitations that are also often inaccurate).
    I think the stuff about being torn and on the search for a way to feel whole is more about Damian's recent arc in Robin, but correct me if I'm wrong, I wasn't impressed by Williamson's writing and thus didn't really keep up with it.
    I guess they chose to reduce Damian's conflict to this because this way we are reminded that Damian feels bad because of Alfred (who is back...maybe) and it's way easier to explain in a small space than that whole Teen Titans mess.

We'll have to see what Waid writes in the actual story, but at least the art so far doesn't support the notion that Damian was disowned. He's seen walking away from Bruce with an angry expression and Bruce is reaching for him.
    I really hope you are right.

Williamson's run, Damian is emotionally low but he seemed very focused and determined on what his goal was and what he was there to accomplish. I never read it as Damian being conflicted about IF he is a hero or IF he's an Al Ghul or a Wayne.

His guilt about Alfred is a big part of of the run.

I really hope you are right.

Williamson's run, Damian is emotionally low but he seemed very focused and determined on what his goal was and what he was there to accomplish. I never read it as Damian being conflicted about IF he is a hero or IF he's an Al Ghul or a Wayne.

His guilt about Alfred is a big part of of the run.
    I mean, the run started with the question "are you a demon or a detective" in the backup issues, then we had the issue with Ra's concluding with him saying Damian was better than both, then I kinda stopped reading for several months, but the almost fistfight between Bruce and Talia that ended with Damian telling them he wants them to respect each other and stop fighting was also kinda about that, don't you think?

I mean, the run started with the question "are you a demon or a detective" in the backup issues, then we had the issue with Ra's concluding with him saying Damian was better than both, then I kinda stopped reading for several months, but the almost fistfight between Bruce and Talia that ended with Damian telling them he wants them to respect each other and stop fighting was also kinda about that, don't you think?
    It was about that but that was all other character wondering that not Damian.

The demon or detective arc Damian declared he was Robin.

The issue with Ra's concluded that he was something else.

Bruce and talia did fight over him. Demon and Detective fighting over claiming Damian who chose to be Robin.

Even the last issue of Robin [Robin #17] that has Bruce thinking son, Damian, Killer, Do you even know [**** you Bruce by the way] Has the title I am Robin.

my read is that Damian views/believes himself to be Robin and it's everyone else that is conflicted and doubts him.

Which i just realized is very meta.