Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Is that Bruce or Alfred speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Is that Bruce or Alfred speaking?
    The moustache makes me think it's Alfred.

Oops! completely missed the moustache. so that was Alfred narrating it all? It'd be nice if just one person from his family was on his side or at least believed in him.

Alfred was the 1st person to suit Damian up as a hero. He gave him his 1st Robin costume. Surely he doesn't doubt Damian.

Spectacular Member

Well, we don't yet know how Alfred returns, so maybe this Alfred is possessed too, and part of setting up Damian.

But it wouldn't be out of character for the Alfred who basically shooed Damian off on life threatening adventures when Bruce forgot Batman and was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Oops! completely missed the moustache. so that was Alfred narrating it all? It'd be nice if just one person from his family was on his side or at least believed in him.

Alfred was the 1st person to suit Damian up as a hero. He gave him his 1st Robin costume. Surely he doesn't doubt Damian.
    I know some people here are not the biggest fans of the supersons, but that was the reason I really liked Tomasi's supersons story in the Robin 80th anniversary book.
    Finally a story that listed his good qualities without also giving us a twice as long list of insults.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I know some people here are not the biggest fans of the supersons, but that was the reason I really liked Tomasi's supersons story in the Robin 80th anniversary book.
    Finally a story that listed his good qualities without also giving us a twice as long list of insults.
    I enjoyed Super Sons and Kiddo loves it. He often pick one for reading at night.

I enjoyed Super Sons and Kiddo loves it. He often pick one for reading at night.
    Oh I know, a lot of people loved it, me included. But I also know a few people on here who don't like it.

Extraordinary Member

Batman vs. Robin #1 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Mahmud Asrar

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Interesting showing of receipts with the oolong tea: Alfred drinks Earl Grey most of the time. Damian brings it up back in Death of the Family, which makes sense as Damian, being the child of the woman who ran Hong Kong and a quarter Chinese himself, would drink oolong (a far superior tea).

Given that we know Damian and Alfred's relationship is much closer and more paternal/less formal than either have with anyone else, the oolong tea would be an excellent oblique test on Bruce's part. Only someone who knows that Alfred is Damian's primary caregiver would know that Damian converted a Brit to better teas.

Hmmm. Nezha has possessed Alfred during World's Finest and he's currently possessing Damian. That could explain how this Alfred knows about his last moments and can answer Bruce's questions. Bruce himself suspects that he's being lead into a setup as they go down to the cave.
    The solicitation for the second issue talks about Nezha!Damian having wrecked the batcave and Bruce and Alfred having to run. So I guess this Alfred does kinda stick around? But he's probably being used by Nezha.

The "well well" at the end is probably from Nezha!Damian who is waiting for Bruce in the batcave to strike.

I like how Bruce is reacting to this very realistically...for Bruce.

"Alfred Pennyworth was my best friend" - Uh, what? Is this like how people think of Bruce and Dick as brothers instead of just father and son?

Incredible Member

I’ve always thought of Dick and Bruce as brothers. Bruce once stated they were 14 years apart… I don’t know if that’s cannon, but it rang true for me.

Extraordinary Member

I actually like the suit if Damian is moving away from Robin.
    If he stepped away from being Robin that would make sense.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

There was like that brief suit he had on during the last half of Tomasi's 'Tec run after he "renounced" being Robin that I think was supposed to be a non-Robin look for Damian, but I think the current suit is meant to be a more personalized Robin suit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I’ve always thought of Dick and Bruce as brothers. Bruce once stated they were 14 years apart… I don’t know if that’s cannon, but it rang true for me.
    It does seem like the age gap shrinks over time. I’ve always thought of Bruce and Dick as being like father and son regardless if Bruce isn’t old enough to be his biological father.