Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    It does seem like the age gap shrinks over time. I’ve always thought of Bruce and Dick as being like father and son regardless if Bruce isn’t old enough to be his biological father.
    People talk about them being "brothers" and I just never see that in their relationship. Maybe because Dick has actual brothers now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    It does seem like the age gap shrinks over time. I’ve always thought of Bruce and Dick as being like father and son regardless if Bruce isn’t old enough to be his biological father.
    When the new 52 did the condensed Batman history he was adopted at 15, which made the brother relationship idea possibly but I think also weakens the whole premise.

I prefer him seeing the dark haired 8 year old boy alone and in need. That’s what works best. However I guess it also seems to be an issue that means Bruce is 45-50 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When the new 52 did the condensed Batman history he was adopted at 15, which made the brother relationship idea possibly but I think also weakens the whole premise.

I prefer him seeing the dark haired 8 year old boy alone and in need. That’s what works best. However I guess it also seems to be an issue that means Bruce is 45-50 years old now.
    Yeah, them not wanting Bruce to be aged up does wind up closing the age gap between Bruce and Dick, and shortening his Robin stint since they have to work in so many Robins into the timeline.
    Even with a 15 year old Dick taken in by a twentysomething Bruce I still see the relationship as paternal, but that's also the dynamic I grew up with and it will color my perception.

Extraordinary Member

Batman vs. Robin #2 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Mahmud Asrar

Last edited by Hypo; 10-17-2022 at 03:44 PM.

I forgot how skimpy Jinx's comic costume was.

Incredible Member

In my opinion, Nezha was probably the weakest part of the first World's Finest arc and putting him a on a "darker" story (in the sense that isn't trying to be a bombastic, modernized Saturday Morning Cartoon episode) just highlights the fact that he isn't a very entertaining villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman vs. Robin #2 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Mahmud Asrar

I really, really love this Robin suit.

I will be really upset if this ends with Alfred dead again. His absence has been really felt the past few years.

I'm a simple man: if I see 3+ Robins in a story, I immediate check out at this point.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I'm a simple man: if I see 3+ Robins in a story, I immediate check out at this point.
    Can't blame you. In my experience it will simply lead to Bruce having a remorseful monologue about his family in general while or after fighting them, which is often less interesting than if the writer said something about an individual robin's relationship with Bruce. And of course he's not going to remember anything he learned in the next storyline and we will get the same thing again when the next writer decides to have them mind controlled and fighting Batman.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This was slightly better the than the first issue, I still wish it had kept the tone from Worlds Finest though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

DC really doubling-down on counting Steph as a Robin.

I also love her pose there .

I’m actually really enjoying this book. Love the exploration of DC’s magic side. And unlike Dark Crisis, it’s an actual story with character development. Shocking.

I like the story so far. Got some more family info on Damian. History of Lazarus.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Got to say... while I'm liking this so far, I'm REALLY tired of mind-control stories. I blame it on the Arrowverse, and there seeming obsession with mind-control stories on their shows. But it really is a tired story device.

That said, I loved seeing Stephanie drawn well here, as opposed to whatever the hell that is in Batgirls.