Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics August 2022 Solicitations

Last edited by Hypo; 05-20-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Link doesn’t work.

Oh awesome Yara is getting an annual, hope it leads to a new series
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Loads of Batman, and now harley Quinn.

This month's tally: 38 titles with a Bat-character in them, 21 without. Most uneven it's been in a few months. Starting to trend in the wrong direction again.

Regardless, it's one of the bigger pull months for me it seems.

Getting:
    -Batman #126 (if the first issue of Zdarsky's run is good)
    -Batman: One Bad Day: The Riddler (I like King's take on the character)
    -Dark Crisis #3
    -Dark Crisis: Young Justice #3
    -The Flash #785
    -DC Saved by the Bell Reve #1
    -The Flash 2022 Annual #1
    -The New Champion of Shazam! #1
    -Green Lantern: Alliance (the first one was good)
    -Action Comics #1046 (for the Artgerm cover)
    -Batgirls #9
    -Batman/Superman: World's Finest #6
    -Black Adam #3 (if the first issues are good)
    -Catwoman #46
    -Nightwing #95
    -Rogues #4
    -Superman: Son of Kal-El #14
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I don’t think the BC comic book company has enough Batman books. The only thing I’m getting is Olympus Rebirth. This company needs to get some imagination. How many Batman books can they shovel? Now over to the Marvel solicits to see what books I’m actually getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I don’t think the BC comic book company has enough Batman books. The only thing I’m getting is Olympus Rebirth. This company needs to get some imagination. How many Batman books can they shovel? Now over to the Marvel solicits to see what books I’m actually getting.
    Yeah, I think I have only 3-4 dc titles on the list, and a whole bunch of marvel.

Giving Zdarsky the benefit of the doubt because he’s a great writer but “a new villain who can outfight and outthink Batman who has a connection to Bruce’s past” sounds like every other recent Batman story.

What a surprise. Titans Tower destroyed again.

Great to see they’re collecting the Giffen/Rogers Blue Beetle run. I guess they’re going to wait to release the new mini series until it’s closer to the time that the movie hits theaters.

Phantom Stranger Omnibus!
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-20-2022 at 11:31 AM.

Reading solicits I'm getting a bit optimistic about Teen Justice. Looks like someone actually did some research and isn't swinging blindly like Williamson or WW's creative team.

Extraordinary Member

Harley going weekly? The show must be returning in august

Final numbers of Naomi and JLvsLoS. Final numbers of Bendis? I will not bet on that yet.

But, will Bendis give us a twist ending pulled out from nowhere in one of these titles? Of course he will!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Looks like I might have to check out DC SAVED BY THE BELLE REVE #1:
    Written by ART BALTAZAR, FRANCO, ANDREW AYDIN, DAN WATTERS, BECKY CLOONAN, BRENDEN FLETCHER, TIM SEELEY, BRANDON
    THOMAS, PETER J. TOMASI, and DAVE WIELGOSZ
    Art by ART BALTAZAR, NELSON DÁNIEL, JUAN FERREYRA, KARL KERSCHL, MIKE NORTON, SCOTT KOLINS, and CRAIG CERMAK
    Cover by JUNI BA
    Variant cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    $9.99 US | 80 pages | Prestige Format
    ON SALE 8/30/22
    School’s back in session, and we just know you’re waiting for the BELLE to give you some REVElief…all right, you can’t say we didn’t try! DC Saved by the Belle Reve’s halls are packed with eight tales of schooltime fun from around the DC Universe! The Suicide Squad is sent to an international prep school to protect a dignitary’s son! Jean-Paul Valley returns to the school that made him into Azrael! Plus, a return to Tiny Titans by Art Baltazar and Franco, and a new school year starts at Gotham Academy! So grab your pencils and notebooks and get educated!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Why are they spamming Harley every week?

Oh the show?

So wait it’s a Harley Quinn “event” but it only takes place in the Harley Quinn ongoing series and annual and effects/ties-in any other books....and this is different then normal how? Not against it, I like this run of Harley, I just got some questions
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.