Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by naskot View Post
    Thank you for taking the time! I'll be checking out Hellion and X-Men Red! Would you mind sharing links to the 3 Hellion storylines you mentioned (it's tricky making sure I've found the right ones)?
    How are you reading comics? I can link you to the comics from the site you use

Otherwise, search up New Mutants vol 2 (2003), New X-Men (2004), and New X-Men: Hellions (2004.) The latter is easy to find because there have only been 2 Hellions books, and this is the first one.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by naskot View Post
    Hey people! I'd like to hear your opinions (mainly) on these titles:
    1. X-Men (2021) by Duggan
    2. Immortal X-Men (2022) by Gillen
    3. X-Men Red (2022) by Ewing

I'm torn between starting one of those and I'd love your input. I think the main thing I enjoy about stories is character depth. You're free to share opinions on other recent X-Titles, too!

Thanks!
    All 3 are enjoyable titles, but Red and Immortal will give you character depth. X-Men is more monster of the week currently. All 3 have amazing art.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

I find it weird there is still no Uncanny X-Men.

Astonishing Member

1.Immortal X-Men(intriguing)
    2.X-Men(ok)
    3.X-Men Red(meh)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I find it weird there is still no Uncanny X-Men.
    Probably saving it for the next big re-boot

I really like the new X-Men title by Duggan.

I only read the first issue of X-Men: Red so far but it looks promising.

Haven't gotten around to Immortal X-men yet.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Mighty Member

1. X-Men (2021) by Duggan
    This has been your basic superhero X-Men title but overall really enjoyable. Some characters have gotten to shine more than others but I still find the balance has been good. The only downside is that we still have not seen the team develop a strong bond and there will be some changes to the membership soon.

2. Immortal X-Men (2022) by Gillen
    Just started so too early to tell but if you like political drama and backstabbing with characters like Sinister, and Exodus when they are well written, this book will be fun for you. The fact that so far each issue has been from each member of the QC allows for character-driven storytelling

3. X-Men Red (2022) by Ewin
    This book is juggling a lot but so far Ewing has proven himself to be a master juggler. It is heavily plot-driven filled with political drama, ideological struggles, and espionage with good characterization. There are a lot of players in the game with clashing agendas, Storm and Brand so far are the ones being positioned as opposing forces but with players like Magneto, Cable, Sunspot, and Vulcan in the game nothing can be taken at face value.

Additionally, all three books have really beautiful art,

1 immortal
    2 red
    3 x-men
    4 x-force
    5 new mutants
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

X-men: Adventure, Action, Super heroes for all exploration of x-lore, Cool.

X-men Red: Two issues in and Space Opera, Cosmic, additive to the x-lore, deep character exploration.

Immortal: Two issues in, retcons, manipulations, abuse, sexism, beautifully drawn, well written, forced, agenda.

Just the first things that pop in my mind when i think of each.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I love it. It’s my new favorite X-book. I’m also enjoying X-men and Immortal X-men, but for me — if you’re only going to start one — X-men Red is that book.
    It's been decided! I'm only 1 issue behind on X-Men Red now! I find it promising!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    X-Men - Boring... nice art tho.

Immortal X-Men - Very boring, couldn't make it through issue 1.

X-Men Red - Not interested in Storm leading the "Brotherhood" on Mars mingling with a bunch of C and D list characters. Rather she was on an actual X-Men team. Like the X-Men book tho... nice art, but boring.
    Thanks for the input! I was worried about that C and D list characters thing myself! I'll stick to see where they take it though.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm reading both Immortal and Red. I liked both but I might drop Immortal. I'm buying too many comics so cuts gotta be made.
    I know the struggle! Wallets have limited size, unfortunately

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    1. X-Men (2021) by Duggan: This book is pretty standard superhero action and doesn't always go in-depth with characterization. It also has a revolving roster so after issue 12 comes out the team is going to change. That being said the art is always fantastic and I think it's a fun book, especially when paired with other books that move plot/ characters along a bit faster.

2. Immortal X-Men (2022) by Gillen: Only two issues out so far and they've been entertaining and unafraid to take big swings. Gillen is about to headline a big crossover event book that might change the focus of this book for a little while, but since it hasn't started yet there's no way of knowing if that'll be a good thing or a bad thing.

3. X-Men Red (2022) by Ewing: My favorite of the bunch. Ewing does a lot of fun continuity references and is really building his own space in the X-books. This is the one book where some pre-reading might help. SWORD (11 issues) by Ewing very heavily sets this book up and features many of the same characters.

I'd say my top 5 X-books right now are:

1. X-Men Red
    2. New Mutants
    3. Sabretooth (screw the character but the story LaVelle is telling is amazing!)
    4. Immortal X-Men
    5. X-Men
    Thanks! That's an exhaustive description! I've read quite a bit of X-Material since the end of 2018 and I also use wikis to catch up on stuff sometimes, as well! Also, Ewing has a good reputation, I've chosen X-Men Red for now.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    How are you reading comics? I can link you to the comics from the site you use

Otherwise, search up New Mutants vol 2 (2003), New X-Men (2004), and New X-Men: Hellions (2004.) The latter is easy to find because there have only been 2 Hellions books, and this is the first one.
    Thanks a lot! That helps a lot since volumes with comics can be a bit confusing considering the changing of writers. I'm adding those to my to-read list! I buy some TPBs when I'm in the UK but use free websites mostly (lack of funds and I spend some time in my home country where there's a lack of comic-book stores!).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    All 3 are enjoyable titles, but Red and Immortal will give you character depth. X-Men is more monster of the week currently. All 3 have amazing art.
    Cheers, mate! X-Men Red it is for now hah!