Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I find it weird there is still no Uncanny X-Men.
    Guess they're giving it time to breathe or it's because of the status quo change.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    1.Immortal X-Men(intriguing)
    2.X-Men(ok)
    3.X-Men Red(meh)
    Love the 1-word reviews haha - straight to the point!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I really like the new X-Men title by Duggan.

I only read the first issue of X-Men: Red so far but it looks promising.

Haven't gotten around to Immortal X-men yet.
    Yep, promising's the word! It's still early to say! Glad you're enjoying one of the main X-Titles!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    1. X-Men (2021) by Duggan
    This has been your basic superhero X-Men title but overall really enjoyable. Some characters have gotten to shine more than others but I still find the balance has been good. The only downside is that we still have not seen the team develop a strong bond and there will be some changes to the membership soon.

2. Immortal X-Men (2022) by Gillen
    Just started so too early to tell but if you like political drama and backstabbing with characters like Sinister, and Exodus when they are well written, this book will be fun for you. The fact that so far each issue has been from each member of the QC allows for character-driven storytelling

3. X-Men Red (2022) by Ewin
    This book is juggling a lot but so far Ewing has proven himself to be a master juggler. It is heavily plot-driven filled with political drama, ideological struggles, and espionage with good characterization. There are a lot of players in the game with clashing agendas, Storm and Brand so far are the ones being positioned as opposing forces but with players like Magneto, Cable, Sunspot, and Vulcan in the game nothing can be taken at face value.

Additionally, all three books have really beautiful art,
    Thanks for the comprehensive input!

1. Yes, I guess that's a downside to the rotating roster of teammates - not long enough for bond-building. But I'll keep your review in mind when I'm in the mood for the basic superhero plot!

2. The idea of each issue being a POV is quite interesting!

3. I do find the characters he's using engaging! Hoping we see a good run!

Yep, from what I've seen the art's awesome! Something that other titles I've read have suffered from is poor art and inconsistency between different artists.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    1 immortal
    2 red
    3 x-men
    4 x-force
    5 new mutants
    Thanks! All of us seem to rate Red highly for now!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    X-men: Adventure, Action, Super heroes for all exploration of x-lore, Cool.

X-men Red: Two issues in and Space Opera, Cosmic, additive to the x-lore, deep character exploration.

Immortal: Two issues in, retcons, manipulations, abuse, sexism, beautifully drawn, well written, forced, agenda.

Just the first things that pop in my mind when i think of each.
    Sums up some of my expectations and other reviewers' points! Thanks!

I'm a cyclops man, so I like X-Men. It's not as good as when Hickman wrote it, but it is enjoyable. Immortal X-Men and X-Men red are starting to get good. The first issue of red was a little slow for me, but the second issue was good

1) X-men Red Storm the Arrakii mutants and culture, Brand and the rest of Sword with space politics its not even close this is the number 1 book for me. Combing the Arraki mutants with Sword cast was chief kiss. That's not even including Vulcan threads. There are just no weak points I see in this book at all.

2) Immortal X-men. This had the potential to drop lower because of what they did to Selene which felt like a waste imo but still I love what's going on with Exodus and him being explored. The political intrigue of the council is very interesting for me. This book really does has a lot of movers and shakers in the Krakoa era on it so I am expecting chaos

3) Knights of X I guess you are sensing a theme here with what books I like. Otherworld + political intrigue you got a reader in me. I personally enjoy the fact that this seems like a stealth Elizabeth solo even though she isn't one of my favorites. Others don't but this book has a lot of potential with its threads about things I want to know more about magic, people of otherworld, etc

4) Marauders pound for pound my favorite cast outside of X-men Red. Problem is idk what they are going to do with it. The mystery that is currently happening has my attention. We will see if it can stick the landing but it is walking a tight rope

5) New Mutants is a hit or miss series with me some times I love it other times I am kind of wondering where this is going. A first I thought it was going to be daily life of the not top tier Krakoa people and how they are living but meh I am along for the ride. It had one of my favorite spread pages when Karma and Dani were traveling to otherworld it was beautiful

6) X Force I mean oddly enough Beast being full blown crazy is one of the best parts of the book. Quire making his rehabilitation and really trying to be a hero is cool an all just not enough to put it over the other books. The Omega Red of it all seems interesting though so keeping my eyes open

7) X-men The only reason this isn't last is because of Wolverine. Cast is wack and is about to get even worse if rumors are true and the 2 most interesting things about this series either hasn't been explored much (Synch and X-23) or imo was ruined (Dr Stasis) I read it cause I must keep up to date but really struggling. I really think the villains are going to have to carry this series for me

8) Wolverine I just can't

Legion of X isn't out yet
    Last edited by Outburstz; 05-22-2022 at 09:08 PM.

X-Cellent has been promising as well.