Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    87,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, as much as I like Hulk, sometimes wading through another mass rampage isn't worth it.

    And joking aside, Banner did give him the arrow and asked him to keep an eye out, just in case
    I mean, if the whole thing didn't feel so contrived and dumb just to justify it...like, he was literally cured. Clint just shot a powerless man in the head because he was throwing a fit and Clint had an itchy trigger finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And to be somewhat fair, it was either that, or Clint's trial ended up becoming a springboard to justify the revival of the Superhero (or Superhuman) Registration Act, which would have in all likelihood made things even worse for everybody, especially in light of HYDRA-Cap's machinations under everyone's noses through the pretense of being the Captain America everyone knew and loved (or at least trusted and respected).
    Still, a murderer got off for murder. Even his ex-wife realized it.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still, a murderer got off for murder. Even his ex-wife realized it.
    And Clint was the one who was all "Avengers don't kill" after Bobbi let Phantom Rider fall to his death.

  3. #33
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lower East Side
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how Tony's solution to get out of any trouble Iron Man gets into was to "fire" Iron Man .
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah! Classic move (LOL):

    Yep! That's pretty much how he got out of trouble for Armor Wars. He also faked his death against Firepower to complete the get away.
    "Of the many dubious things at which Tony Stark excels. Compartmentalization is easily in the top five. It's his standard operating procedure. Everyone in his life functions on a need-to-know basis" Pepper Potts

  4. #34
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And Clint was the one who was all "Avengers don't kill" after Bobbi let Phantom Rider fall to his death.
    That (somewhat) changed after Secret Invasion had him confronted with a Skrull impersonating Bobbi --- though the Skrull was so deeply conditioned she didn't know she wasn't Bobbi, even when she reverted to her Skrull form --- and he completely lost his s*** for a while there. Not to mention Dark Reign having him chomping at the bit to kill Norman Osborn after his failed attempt at a media bombshell expose, which also backfired and had him needing to be saved by his fellow (New) Avengers. Not good days . . . or good times.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #35
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That (somewhat) changed after Secret Invasion had him confronted with a Skrull impersonating Bobbi --- though the Skrull was so deeply conditioned she didn't know she wasn't Bobbi, even when she reverted to her Skrull form --- and he completely lost his s*** for a while there. Not to mention Dark Reign having him chomping at the bit to kill Norman Osborn after his failed attempt at a media bombshell expose, which also backfired and had him needing to be saved by his fellow (New) Avengers. Not good days . . . or good times.
    It was Bendis, just say Bendis

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if the whole thing didn't feel so contrived and dumb just to justify it...like, he was literally cured. Clint just shot a powerless man in the head because he was throwing a fit and Clint had an itchy trigger finger.
    It's not his fault man, he was being written by Bendis .

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That (somewhat) changed after Secret Invasion had him confronted with a Skrull impersonating Bobbi --- though the Skrull was so deeply conditioned she didn't know she wasn't Bobbi, even when she reverted to her Skrull form --- and he completely lost his s*** for a while there. Not to mention Dark Reign having him chomping at the bit to kill Norman Osborn after his failed attempt at a media bombshell expose, which also backfired and had him needing to be saved by his fellow (New) Avengers. Not good days . . . or good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It was Bendis, just say Bendis
    Man Bendis was really into Ultimate version of Clint for him to be that kill happy lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, Vance could have just thrown up a force field and been alright. And he was a legal adult at the time, so there's that too
    If this had been the first time his dad struck him and he killed him, I might agree with you. But this was clearly a case where the victim snapped after multiple instances of abuse.

    Plus Arnold could have avoided abusing his son.

  8. #38
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If this had been the first time his dad struck him and he killed him, I might agree with you. But this was clearly a case where the victim snapped after multiple instances of abuse.

    Plus Arnold could have avoided abusing his son.
    Despite what TV teaches us, self defense does have to be proportional to the threat.

    I'm not mourning the Dad's death, but Vance had just survived a battle with Terrax. His Dad wasn't anywhere on that level. And again, Vance was an adult, not a dependent child.

    Vance killed him in an outburst of anger, not premeditated. Manslaughter was the closest appropriate charge, IMO.

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Despite what TV teaches us, self defense does have to be proportional to the threat.

    I'm not mourning the Dad's death, but Vance had just survived a battle with Terrax. His Dad wasn't anywhere on that level. And again, Vance was an adult, not a dependent child.

    Vance killed him in an outburst of anger, not premeditated. Manslaughter was the closest appropriate charge, IMO.
    He was also recovering from injuries he'd sustained from a battle with Gideon. That combined with his father's continued battering would not put him in an emotionally stable state.

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member SecretWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He was also recovering from injuries he'd sustained from a battle with Gideon. That combined with his father's continued battering would not put him in an emotionally stable state.
    Manslaughter has a very low mens rea requirement.

  11. #41
    Mighty Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Lets not forget poor Rita DeMara (Yellowjacket II) and Crystal's Inhuman nanny Marela. Stark falt out filled both of them in cold blood. Yeah he was under the control of Kang att he time to some extent but come on. Rita had totally reformed from her villian roots and had worked with the Avengers and become a member of the orignal Guardians of the Galaxy only to have Stark vaporize her the minute she came back from the future.
    Jan told her to stay away from the goddamned mansion
    “Alas, the pizza party has ended.” - Victor von Doom, Iron Man #642

  12. #42
    Mighty Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Clint got away with murder and a part of me will never accept that.
    Attempted assisted suicide
    “Alas, the pizza party has ended.” - Victor von Doom, Iron Man #642

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •