Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are there any Marvel heroes who have been convicted of manslaughter?

Just curious

Yeah, Vance Astrovik. In New Warriors, he accidentally killed his father with his telekinesis. So Marvel Boy went to jail. He served his time, and came out as a new hero: Justice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Just curious
    Vance Astovik AKA Marvel Boy AKA Justice

While he was in the New Warriors, his abusive father attacked him. Vance lashed out telekinetically and injured his father. His father died in the hospital, and Vance was put on trial. He a short sentence in prison before being released.

edit *NINJA'ed*
    Last edited by Rincewind; 05-20-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Vance Astrovik. In New Warriors, he accidentally killed his father with his telekinesis. So Marvel Boy went to jail. He served his time, and came out as a new hero: Justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

While he was in the New Warriors, his abusive father attacked him. Vance lashed out telekinetically and injured his father. His father died in the hospital, and Vance was put on trial. He a short sentence in prison before being released.

edit *NINJA'ed*
    Also spawned a very great line from him summing up why he chose to remain in jail: "Just because I have powers that make it tempting for me to ignore the law, doesn't give me a right to."

Besides Vance "Marvel Boy/Justice" Astrovik, there would also be Daredevil/Matt Murdock in Chip Zdarsky's run, which started with him accidentally killing a common robber trying to stop said robber and dealing with the fallout, internal and external, that stemmed from that. This ultimately resulted in him voluntarily going to prison to prove that superheroes weren't above the law, even if he broke out of prison later to stop a revived and many-times-cloned Bullseye from his latest murder spree, though he went back to serve the rest of his sentence, which was truncated in light of his heroics against Bullseye.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

There was a member of the Defenders called Manslaughter who went to jail. I'm not sure what he was convinced of though.

I'm pretty sure manslaughter is one of the MANY things Punisher has been convicted of in one of those few times they were able to get him behind bars.

Astonishing Member

I'm going by memory so I may have some of the details wrong but the Punisher went to jail and came out as a black man. Also, didn't Speedball/Penance go to jail for the Sandford incident? I also remember Hawkeye agreeing to lead the Thunderbolts if Mach-I voluntarily goes to jail and Venom/Eddie Brock was in jail but I can't remember if these two were convicted of manslaughter.

Ultimate Member

Tony Stark should have been convicted of manslaughter at the least, and probably felony murder for what he did to Gremlin/Titanium Man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Tony Stark should have been convicted of manslaughter at the least, and probably felony murder for what he did to Gremlin/Titanium Man
    Realistically...after outing himself Russia would have demanded his extradition for that mission.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Realistically...after outing himself Russia would have demanded his extradition for that mission.
    The US would never extradite an American to Russia, but it is baffling that none of the Armor Wars stuff has yet blown back on Tony.

Also, why he didn't just design a new armor and pretend to be someone else.

"I am the Tek-Lor! I hate all technology that isn't mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The US would never extradite an American to Russia, but it is baffling that none of the Armor Wars stuff has yet blown back on Tony.

Also, why he didn't just design a new armor and pretend to be someone else.

"I am the Tek-Lor! I hate all technology that isn't mine!"
    I love how Tony's solution to get out of any trouble Iron Man gets into was to "fire" Iron Man .

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm going by memory so I may have some of the details wrong but the Punisher went to jail and came out as a black man. Also, didn't Speedball/Penance go to jail for the Sandford incident? I also remember Hawkeye agreeing to lead the Thunderbolts if Mach-I voluntarily goes to jail and Venom/Eddie Brock was in jail but I can't remember if these two were convicted of manslaughter.
    Mach is the one who went to jail (for the crimes he committed as Beetle), and then disguised as a black man when he got out, not Punisher. You're right about Hawkeye's involvement.

It's Stamford, not Sandford, and yeah, Robbie was incarcerated, until he became Penance and joined the Thunderbolts. Of course he was never guilty of the crime - it was Nitro who blew everything up. The New Warriors were just scapegoats.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how Tony's solution to get out of any trouble Iron Man gets into was to "fire" Iron Man .
    Yeah! Classic move (LOL):

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

edit *NINJA'ed*
    American Justice system. Amirite?
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    American Justice system. Amirite?
    In fairness, Vance could have just thrown up a force field and been alright. And he was a legal adult at the time, so there's that too

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mach is the one who went to jail (for the crimes he committed as Beetle), and then disguised as a black man when he got out, not Punisher. You're right about Hawkeye's involvement.

It's Stamford, not Sandford, and yeah, Robbie was incarcerated, until he became Penance and joined the Thunderbolts. Of course he was never guilty of the crime - it was Nitro who blew everything up. The New Warriors were just scapegoats.
    They did it with Punisher too...and IIRC he teamed up with Luke Cage.

https://www.cbr.com/remember-to-forg...e-a-black-guy/