Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They did it with Punisher too...and IIRC he teamed up with Luke Cage.

https://www.cbr.com/remember-to-forg...e-a-black-guy/
    Good memory. Both Frank & Abe had work done on themselves after their escape from prison...

On a list of stuff that would never happen today .

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm going by memory so I may have some of the details wrong but the Punisher went to jail and came out as a black man. Also, didn't Speedball/Penance go to jail for the Sandford incident? I also remember Hawkeye agreeing to lead the Thunderbolts if Mach-I voluntarily goes to jail and Venom/Eddie Brock was in jail but I can't remember if these two were convicted of manslaughter.
    Punisher went to jail and had his face horrible messed up. He escaped, but he couldn't exactly go unnoticed with his face being the way it was so he got a surgeon to fix him and to make him look unrecognizable. Frank didn't expect that to be taken as "make me into a black man."

Regardless, it only hasted about two or three issues. He spent more time as an angel and a Frankenstein's monster.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Punisher went to jail and had his face horrible messed up. He escaped, but he couldn't exactly go unnoticed with his face being the way it was so he got a surgeon to fix him and to make him look unrecognizable. Frank didn't expect that to be taken as "make me into a black man."

Regardless, it only hasted about two or three issues. He spent more time as an angel and a Frankenstein's monster.
    So Frank would rather spend more time as an undead abomination than a black man in America.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On a list of stuff that would never happen today .
    Yup. There's a reason Jimmy Woo's original is downplayed - he started out in the cast of a comic called Yellow Claw. No prizes for guessing why the word Yellow was in the title.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Tony Stark should have been convicted of manslaughter at the least, and probably felony murder for what he did to Gremlin/Titanium Man
    Lets not forget poor Rita DeMara (Yellowjacket II) and Crystal's Inhuman nanny Marela. Stark falt out filled both of them in cold blood. Yeah he was under the control of Kang att he time to some extent but come on. Rita had totally reformed from her villian roots and had worked with the Avengers and become a member of the orignal Guardians of the Galaxy only to have Stark vaporize her the minute she came back from the future.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Lets not forget poor Rita DeMara (Yellowjacket II) and Crystal's Inhuman nanny Marela. Stark falt out filled both of them in cold blood. Yeah he was under the control of Kang att he time to some extent but come on. Rita had totally reformed from her villian roots and had worked with the Avengers and become a member of the orignal Guardians of the Galaxy only to have Stark vaporize her the minute she came back from the future.
    While I agree Rita's death was a waste of a character, I'd hardly blame Stark as he was under mind control at the time.

More than that, he also took pro-active measures to never again fall under mind control, until Kurt stopped writing him (sigh).

But Gremlin? He attacked the guy unprovoked, and killed him in battle. Accidentally yes, but Titanium Man was simply defending himself against a dangerous enemy

Ultimate Member

Wasn't Hawkeye convicted for the death of Egghead? Am I remembering that right, or totally making this up?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wasn't Hawkeye convicted for the death of Egghead? Am I remembering that right, or totally making this up?
    Nope, he was cleared. Same with putting an arrow in Banner's brain.

Clearly the MCU needs bow and arrow control.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    While I agree Rita's death was a waste of a character, I'd hardly blame Stark as he was under mind control at the time.

More than that, he also took pro-active measures to never again fall under mind control, until Kurt stopped writing him (sigh).

But Gremlin? He attacked the guy unprovoked, and killed him in battle. Accidentally yes, but Titanium Man was simply defending himself against a dangerous enemy
    Yeah! The authorities decided not to press charges & Tony vowed to take precautions. Here's proof...

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-22-2022 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Nope, he was cleared.
    The Cool Thatguy is correct. Here's how it all went down:

First, Hawkeye is exonerated by the state court...

Secondly, Hawkeye is then formally cleared after The Avengers held a court-of-inquiry...

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-22-2022 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Star-Lord with sacrificing 350 000 innocents life to use their lifeforce(?) to destroy the planet killer entity, The Fallen who was the first herald of Galactus.

Edit: Oh... and some more million dead Kree when Ultron took over the Kree Empire with the "help" of Star-Lord...
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 05-23-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Nope, he was cleared. Same with putting an arrow in Banner's brain.

Clearly the MCU needs bow and arrow control.
    Clint got away with murder and a part of me will never accept that.

Ultimate Member

Ya know, as much as I like Hulk, sometimes wading through another mass rampage isn't worth it.

And joking aside, Banner did give him the arrow and asked him to keep an eye out, just in case

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ya know, as much as I like Hulk, sometimes wading through another mass rampage isn't worth it.

And joking aside, Banner did give him the arrow and asked him to keep an eye out, just in case
    And to be somewhat fair, it was either that, or Clint's trial ended up becoming a springboard to justify the revival of the Superhero (or Superhuman) Registration Act, which would have in all likelihood made things even worse for everybody, especially in light of HYDRA-Cap's machinations under everyone's noses through the pretense of being the Captain America everyone knew and loved (or at least trusted and respected).
    The spider is always on the hunt.