Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's canon, but just like Rebirth, the current timeline is only constructed by bits and pieces mentioned in the current story or flashbacks, and that's before getting to which part is current continuity, and which part is them remembering previous continuities.

I tend to count everything as current continuity unless it clearly contradicts something.

So as far as I know the current timeline goes like this
    - Altuum's forces cleared out Themyscira
    - The Amazons moved in
    - Diana was crafted from clay and Nubia reborn out of Well of Souls
    - Diana's childhood stories
    - Donna Troy was born (details I don't know)
    - Diana moved to man's world
    - Batman/Superman World's Finest with 16-17 year old Dick and Kara (age unknown)
    - 12 years ago Jon Kent was born
    - Barry's Death in the current continuity's equivalent of Crisis on Infinite Earths that doesn't destroy the Multiverse (Kara's death status is unknown)
    - Wally became Flash, Jason Todd died, Tim Drake became Robin
    - Hippolyta beheaded Echidna
    - Tim, Cassie, Kon and Bart formed Young Justice
    - Infinite Crisis (Max Lord's death status I don't know)
    - Final Crisis
    - Rebirth stories of Artemis
    - Infinite Frontier (a bunch of people are resurrected from the dead)
    - Current story (Kara and Dick's age is unknown, but Dick is at least 29-30)

Jon is supposed to be born after Death of Superman, but that can't be because he was born 12 years ago. Everyone would be too old. So someone, either him or Dick (they were talking about it) remember things wrong, remember the chronology wrong, or remember things from past continuity instead of the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's canon, but just like Rebirth, the current timeline is only constructed by bits and pieces mentioned in the current story or flashbacks, and that's before getting to which part is current continuity, and which part is them remembering previous continuities.

I tend to count everything as current continuity unless it clearly contradicts something.

- The Amazons moved in
    - Batman/Superman World's Finest with 16-17 year old Dick and Kara (age unknown)
    - Barry's Death in the current continuity's equivalent of Crisis on Infinite Earths that doesn't destroy the Multiverse (Kara's death status is unknown)
    - Final Crisis

Jon is supposed to be born after Death of Superman, but that can't be because he was born 12 years ago. Everyone would be too old. So someone, either him or Dick (they were talking about it) remember things wrong, remember the chronology wrong, or remember things from past continuity instead of the current one.
    Wow...I appreciate you trying to clarify. But reading that hurt my head. LOL Wonder Woman is the only DC book I read, maybe that's why it's incomprehensible to me.

I still don't see how the clay origin is now "canon". The current run has had several references to Diana being a demi-goddess, if I'm not mistaken.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

- The Amazons moved in
    - Final Crisis

Hmmm so where does Deva get in here?

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure World's Finest is in it's own continuity (which I have absolutely no problem with considering what a great book it is). I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, though, once we see mention of the book's events in other in continuity titles.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm so where does Deva get in here?
    What year did she show up?
    Nevermind, I checked. 1999. It was in the middle of No Man's Land (that's also canon). After Young Justice and before Cassie joined Teen Titans. IF things happened in the same order or the same way. If things are different, I need more details.

Basically if there's no contradiction in any details compared to the current lore it can happen as it was. If things are different, the current lore takes precedent. (the Robins all get new details in their backstories and that's the basis of their current plot)

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Wow...I appreciate you trying to clarify. But reading that hurt my head. LOL Wonder Woman is the only DC book I read, maybe that's why it's incomprehensible to me.

I still don't see how the clay origin is now "canon". The current run has had several references to Diana being a demi-goddess, if I'm not mistaken.
    if there's a contradicting mentions, one of the in-story answer DC provides is Past Continuity Memory. Someone remember things from the previous continuity, while the other person remember things from the current continuity.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-01-2022 at 01:31 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post

I don't think you can say that one origin is more 'canon' than the other. It all depends on what the current authors/writers want it to be at that moment. Since we have editors on Wonder Woman that don't give a f@#k about continuity or a consistent powerset, I think that is all we need to know.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm pretty sure World's Finest is in it's own continuity (which I have absolutely no problem with considering what a great book it is). I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, though, once we see mention of the book's events in other in continuity titles.
    It's been confirmed that World's Finest is indeed in continuity but set in the past ( that's why Dick is still Robin).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    It's been confirmed that World's Finest is indeed in continuity but set in the past ( that's why Dick is still Robin).
    Not trying to be argumentative, but where has that been stated?

If this is the case, though, they really have to explain how Kara and Dick are the same age.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If this is the case, though, they really have to explain how Kara and Dick are the same age.
    The villain Nezha will be showing up in some present day books, like Batman v. Robin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The villain Nezha will be showing up in some present day books, like Batman v. Robin
    Okay, that makes sense since Waid is writing both. Knowing Waid, he's likely to make some reference to WF, but I'll remain skeptical until said reference. Certain details of WF just doesn't make sense continuity-wise. And to be frank, I'd pretty much prefer WF being in it's own little universe. It's less likely to have to get caught up in other hero's books.

Incredible Member

The artist of the comic confirmed it.

Kara hasn't really shown up in post Infinite Frontier continuity in a way that confirms her age aside being vaguely young and adult, aside from Woman of Tomorrow. They can easily make her the same age as Dick or Wally, with WF being the new back story.