Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    LOL this dude really put DickKory in a official dialog. The way Sheridan choose to undo his Cybeast was still dumb as hell, i can wait for this to be forgotten.
    We had 15 issues of this, the Titans can't do **** even in the last one. The students were saving Billy while the Titans, once again, stood around and talk.

And they try to end this as some type of mission acomplished with the New Tower. The funny part is that we know Deathstroke will put all to the ground again.

At least finally it's over. This is up there with the worst Titans run of all time, alongside Scott Lobdell and Felicia D Henderson. I will never pick up another book by Tim Sheridan again, at least the ones he is writing by himself. Nothing against the man, he might be a good dude, but this book was absolute **** and hopefully he will not be writing my favorite characters ever again.

I hope DC can do their job right and put at least a competent writer on their next attempt with the Titans book.
    Agreed. The solution to the Cybeast problem(which should've never been a thing in the first place) is so half assed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lobdell's first 15 issues were more entertaining than Tim's run.

New 52 TT was on crack tho but Superboy being the clone of Clark and Lois Kent's son from the future was better than this Red X reach around nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

New 52 TT was on crack tho but Superboy being the clone of Clark and Lois Kent's son from the future was better than this Red X reach around nonsense.
    Red X was needlessly convoluted.

Extraordinary Member

Raven and beast boy are still together but she has casted a spell so powerful it will now be a permanent strain on her. So once again she must be weakened for what.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Yes, it was more entertaining (which doesn't say much cause TTA was boring for the most part), but it did a lot of damage to the characters, some of which can still be felt today.
    The YJ4 were completely butchered.

The biggest damage that this book did to characters were Cybeast and the fact that the Titans couldn't done anything at all and looked like a bunch of incompetent heroes.
    But this can be undone with a good writer.
    Last edited by Drako; 05-24-2022 at 07:52 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Raven and beast boy are still together but she has casted a spell so powerful it will now be a permanent strain on her. So once again she must be weakened for what.
    Probably so Slade can cull the Titans during Dark Crisis.

LOL this dude really put DickKory in a official dialog. The way Sheridan choose to undo his Cybeast was still dumb as hell, i can wait for this to be forgotten.
    We had 15 issues of this, the Titans can't do **** even in the last one. The students were saving Billy while the Titans, once again, stood around and talk.

And they try to end this as some type of mission acomplished with the New Tower. The funny part is that we know Deathstroke will put all to the ground again.

At least finally it's over. This is up there with the worst Titans run of all time, alongside Scott Lobdell and Felicia D Henderson. I will never pick up another book by Tim Sheridan again, at least the ones he is writing by himself. Nothing against the man, he might be a good dude, but this book was absolute **** and hopefully he will not be writing my favorite characters ever again.

I hope DC can do their job right and put at least a competent writer on their next attempt with the Titans book.
    So, what, we got more than the birthday bookup before Dick went back to Babs?

Is Titans Tower the most frequently destroyed location in comics?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think so, Titans also have the highest body count in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

No, Kory referred to them in the past as DickKory, as in the ship name people in the internet uses.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

No, Kory referred to them in the past as DickKory, as in the ship name people in the internet uses.
    That...that sounds like such an awkward piece of dialogue .

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Agreed. The solution to the Cybeast problem(which should've never been a thing in the first place) is so half assed.
    And just, overall, makes no sense.

So if it's just an illusion, they still can't properly function on their own. They'll still have to basically be attached at the hip. Raven still can't be with Gar without also being with Vic. How's this gonna work when they're in battle? When they use their powers? When they eat? When they sleep?

And now Raven's just putting a 24/7 strain on herself to keep them looking separate? This whole thing is even more needlessly complicated than the Red X reveal, when all Sheridan had to do was just....reverse it! Or, here's an idea, not do it at all!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    And just, overall, makes no sense.

So if it's just an illusion, they still can't properly function on their own. They'll still have to basically be attached at the hip. Raven still can't be with Gar without also being with Vic. How's this gonna work when they're in battle? When they use their powers? When they eat? When they sleep?

And now Raven's just putting a 24/7 strain on herself to keep them looking separate? This whole thing is even more needlessly complicated than the Red X reveal, when all Sheridan had to do was just....reverse it! Or, here's an idea, not do it at all!
    Half assed solution for a half assed run. The whole 'solution' is a nonsensical band aid. I'm not sure what editor looked at this and thought it was a good idea.

It's a whimper of an end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a whimper of an end.
    To be fair, the story didn't have a promising start.

I feel like the premise and the title had potential but it was just squandered by execution and other bad ideas.