Default DC vs. Vampires: Hunters #1

DC vs. Vampires: Hunters #1
    Writer: Matthew Rosenberg
    Art: Neil Googe

Damian taking Martian Manhunter advice from his dad from New Frontier.

Black Mask with a more demonic mask.

Still sucks that Jason died. But he at least went out before turning. Still, would have been the perfect place for the All-Blades.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damian taking Martian Manhunter advice from his dad from New Frontier.

Black Mas with a more demonic mask.
    Why is Martian man hunter being so aggressive like that’s kid it’s kinda not like john

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why is Martian man hunter being so aggressive like that’s kid it’s kinda not like john
    Yeah, that seems OOC for J'onn.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Still sucks that Jason died. But he at least went out before turning. Still, would have been the perfect place for the All-Blades.
    That is probably why he got killed, the All Blades would've made short work of all the vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that seems OOC for J'onn.
    Everything about this event is out of character. I mean basically Damian can be a good vampire but all other turned heroes can't? I can't wait to see what they did with Superman, good lord is this thing is crap.

Incredible Member

They should have just written Damian as a morally ambigous human working for the vampires to get to the king, it'd be in-character for him, less messy and unless Damian being different is a plot point (which is its own can of worms*) the story would have been the same.

*Wonder he was really drinking pig's blood or Alfred was giving him something else, given that Alfred was the only one left that has Luthor MacGuffin blood after all. Also wonder if Damian drinking human blood is gonna be a plot point.
    Last edited by Zagre; 05-25-2022 at 01:26 AM.

Come on, anyone who has been following this series should know by now that this is just fluff, fun and wildly out of character. Nothing to be taken seriously.

The characters haven't been in character from day 1. I had issues with Damian been able to control his urges when others can't but then I remembered everything that has happened in this title and now I'm not so worked up.

What is it with the Dick Grayson slander in this series?
    First it was Jason Todd now Damian is being a mouth piece to put Dick Grayson down.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Come on, anyone who has been following this series should know by now that this is just fluff, fun and wildly out of character. Nothing to be taken seriously.

The characters haven't been in character from day 1. I had issues with Damian been able to control his urges when others can't but then I remembered everything that has happened in this title and now I'm not so worked up.
    I mean I enjoyed the first six issues a lot and I don't mind the evil vampires being out-of-character because they're literally evil vampires, but internal consitency is important. Like I don't mind vampires being monsters in general except for the people they love because that's something that's been established from the very beginning (Hal still wanted Barry by his side and was pretty sincere about it, one day after blending a teenager with a goofy grin in his face), so Nightwing scene with Alfred works. But if Damian is going to be different from what the rest of the series has established (not stuff from canon), they need to give an explanation and hopefully one that isn't jsut "um, he's special". Like there's a thousand: he's a half-vampire instead, they had to revive him with a Lazarus Pit and that affected the process, Alfred is feeding him something else that's scarce but let's him keep his sanity...

Again, I found the main series to be pretty good, but this one-shot seem more haphazardly written, imo.

Note: I also didn't mind J'onn being irritable because they've just lost the entire planet to their former friends who now want to eat them, so I get he's not in his best mood. And we get an explanation of why he couldn't figure out the vampire's plan beforehand, points for that.
    Last edited by Zagre; 05-25-2022 at 02:19 AM.