Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Charles Soule doesn't expect Wolverine back until 2016

First of all, bullshit and secondly;

Soule elaborates by saying it explores the Marvel Universe without Wolverine, and features "a guy who is kind of intertwined with a huge bad guy from Wolverine's history.
    So, more flashbacks to Wolverine's overelaborate past instead huh?

Whether he's dead or not, there will still be plenty of Wolverine to go around.

I hope we aren't treated to Wolverine: Legacy or Wolverine: The Hidden Years or Wolverine: Sweet Valley High books throughout his 'death' which feature his previously untold adventures. If Logan's dead, let him be gone completely from the MU.

Still... I liked it better the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I hope we aren't treated to Wolverine: Legacy or Wolverine: The Hidden Years or Wolverine: Sweet Valley High books throughout his 'death' which feature his previously untold adventures. If Logan's dead, let him be gone completely from the MU.

Still... I liked it better the first time.
    Not really the same thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It was a [bad] joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Well his death is a double edged sword.
    On one hand I can totally understand how fans are disappointed by it since he is a really popular character.
    And on the other hand I am excited for it since it creates possibilities for other characters like Laura and Daken to be put into a new situation/on a certain path that wouldn't be possible without his death.

Now if the latter will happen remains to be seen and if it doesn't and everybody just goes back to status quo after hearing from his death then I will be disappointed too.

Well of course Wolverine won't be back by 2016. His next solo movie doesn't come out until 2017. Marvel is treating this a lot like the death of Captain America and they kept him dead for a least five years before they began jumping through the necessary hoops to bring him back. I think that given Wolverine's popularity, Marvel is going to do something similar with Wolverine. They're going to wait for just the right moment to bring him back and that moment will likely coincide with a movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

<double post>

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    What issue was this? thanks in advance!

Sorry, can't help but answer as a jaded cynic here. 2016 is the year after the proposed 2015 summer reboot. That's enough time for Marvel to allow Bendis to try (and more than likely fail) to replace Wolverine with pass-me-around Laura and let other writers test the waters on whether either Victor, Daken or some yet-to-be-named character can pick up and successfully run with the character role. It's also enough time to allow the X-Men franchise as a whole to finish falling well below Avengers in sales and popularity and to continue to solidly undermine Claremont's past contributions (which goes, coincidentally, hand in hand).
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 09-01-2014 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Well of course Wolverine won't be back by 2016. His next solo movie doesn't come out until 2017. Marvel is treating this a lot like the death of Captain America and they kept him dead for a least five years before they began jumping through the necessary hoops to bring him back. I think that given Wolverine's popularity, Marvel is going to do something similar with Wolverine. They're going to wait for just the right moment to bring him back and that moment will likely coincide with a movie.
    No Wolverine until 2017; I'll remind you actually thought that.

All-New Member

Five years? Steve "died" in 2007. He was back by 2009.

Lol. Gotta get the money.

Fantastic Member

Cap was only dead like 2.5-3 years. He died in Captain America #25 (February 2007) and came back in Captain America: Reborn #1 (July 2009). The difference with Wolverine is when they killed Cap, Brubaker was writing before his death, wrote his death, and wrote his return. Same with Grant Morrison and Batman. Wolverine doesn't seem to have anyone committed like this. Paul Cornell didn't even want to kill him, Soule's writing his death and the aftermath of it but he's pretty busy so I don't think he's going to be the one to bring Wolverine back.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284