Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man #15 Preview

Did I finally make one of these on time without it being a repeat? Guess we'll see!

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-disco...hasm-dark-web/

McGuiness draws a great Chasm got to say.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

BANNED

Peter for definite 'lost' Mary Jane at some point, and Norman helped him

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Peter for definite 'lost' Mary Jane at some point, and Norman helped him
    So MJ actually died 6 months ago. Or at least that’s the implication through the repeated vague dialogue so far in the run. No way this explanation will be a train wreck. No way.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by logo449 View Post
    So MJ actually died 6 months ago. Or at least that’s the implication through the repeated vague dialogue so far in the run. No way this explanation will be a train wreck. No way.
    Well he said he helped when lost MJ and that was quite the pickle so it sounds like the golden dude took her or some comic shenanigans but there's a clear tonal shift
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 12-08-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by logo449 View Post
    I don't think died is necessarily true - lost in the golden light thing from the end of Beyond seems plausible. The real question is* why was Norman the right person for Peter to go to seeking help? My guess is that getting MJ un-lost required some of Norman's more unsavory connections - whether that means political or supervillain, I'm not sure - and the resulting fall out of that connection is the deep dark secret. Something like "we used a couple former Thunderbolts to help break into a secret hideout, then those villains blew the place up while we snuck out the back w/MJ."

*Presuming you think the story will play fair on this plot point
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Well he said he helped when lost MJ and that was quite the pickle so it sounds like the golden dude took her or some comic shenanigans but there's a clear tonal shift
    Not even quite "the" pickle, just "a" pickle LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

The reveal is going to be really, really, REALLY stupid, isn't it?
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 12-08-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Not even quite "the" pickle, just "a" pickle LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

The reveal is going to be really, really, REALLY stupid, isn't it?
    And contrived. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    And contrived. Mark my words.
    But there's a real tonal shift and I know the rumors should be taken with a grain of salt, but now it just feels like a few things have changed
    The only thing I don't see if Chasm not being reverted he's gonna stay a villain for the long run

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I don't think died is necessarily true - lost in the golden light thing from the end of Beyond seems plausible. The real question is* why was Norman the right person for Peter to go to seeking help? My guess is that getting MJ un-lost required some of Norman's more unsavory connections - whether that means political or supervillain, I'm not sure - and the resulting fall out of that connection is the deep dark secret. Something like "we used a couple former Thunderbolts to help break into a secret hideout, then those villains blew the place up while we snuck out the back w/MJ."

*Presuming you think the story will play fair on this plot point
    That’s pretty solid theorizing right there. Might be better than whatever Zeb pulls out of his butt in reality lol.

Yeah, I guess the person at the end of Beyond could’ve snatched her and took off so she didn’t really die. In fact, that’s probably exactly what happened. Recent Marvel always has me fearing the worst possible outcomes nowadays.

ok I think I know what happens Peter tries to appeal to Ben but then Venom interrupts Peter and Venom fight Peter manages to defeat Venom or subdue him somehow. Then He and Ben fight Ben wins and take him to Limbo in issue 17
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But there's a real tonal shift and I know the rumors should be taken with a grain of salt, but now it just feels like a few things have changed
    The only thing I don't see if Chasm not being reverted he's gonna stay a villain for the long run
    What rumors? Care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ok I think I know what happens Peter tries to appeal to Ben but then Venom interrupts Peter and Venom fight Peter manages to defeat Venom or subdue him somehow. Then He and Ben fight Ben wins and take him to Limbo in issue 17
    But what are his powers is the real mystery

Astonishing Member

“Norman helped MJ out that night”… hopefully he’s not referring to the night he “helped” her out of having a new baby.

Well, there you go folks! Kids almost being eaten in a Zeb Wells comic!

90's Venom is back, courtesy of Ed McGuiness.

People probably on Ben's side when it comes to Norman. Chasm looks cool even if his entire story sucks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there you go folks! Kids almost being eaten in a Zeb Wells comic!

90's Venom is back, courtesy of Ed McGuiness.

People probably on Ben's side when it comes to Norman. Chasm looks cool even if his entire story sucks.
    The next part will be baloney. “Noooo! You hurt Norman, even though he’s the same guy who killed you and probably even killed my baby! But he’s good now, Ben!” proceeds to punch out Chasm

Really hoping Wells surprises us and doesn’t go down that route! Not sure I’m on Team Chasm, but I’m definitely on Team NeverForgiveNorman!