Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yes, and it needs to, desperately. Current status is horrible and meaningless.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I certainly hope not.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It is possible and it is mandated. Soon as the cartoon/movies drop it is over.

And some people think the current X-Men volume is hyper-classic and unchallenging; just wait, cause we ain't seen the level of basic that's likely coming.

Everything is possible in comics. For my part, I like X-men stories with varied subjects and not with this single idea, the underlaying antagonism between humans and mutants… If that could be dropped… This presupposes a writer with a lot of ideas.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Sorry but the title of my topic stays as it is.
    Only a moderator can change titles…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Only a moderator can change titles…
    Hence my remark.

God, I hope not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Come to think of it, X-Men summer, fall, winter and spring could be very interesting teams (patterned after the Quiet Council, obvs).
    I like this,each table chooses a team,that team is colour coded with either a blue/red/green/yellow X mark.Doing various tasks diplomacy and pr/intelligence and recon/education exchange with the wider world/ combat...pretty solid

As for the question ,I wouldn't say it can't be done or never, but re-telling the same paradigm through the tried and trusted nostalgic framework has a baked in 'problem' sorry for the tautology it is 'trusted' yeah but it's also 'tried' a very key word meaning if it's retraced there is no novelty whatsoever and may actually do more damage in attempts to revamp the franchise. Writers can go back to basics as someone said accentuating academos training on Krakoa with Krakoa providing a perfect 'danger room' as we can tell from Sabertooth in the pit. A lot can be done to tap into the nostalgia for example undo the protocols and cause this to be the schism that forces some mutants like Exodus to break away with those seeking immortality to follow him akin to Whitesword, throw out Sinister and Selene from Krakoa so that you have an organic vendetta among the factions and so on but going back to 'safe' Xavier - Magneto battles has been done to death .I say move on but that's just personal opinion.

Possible? Yes.

Whether it will be satisfactory is another question.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh it's a definite possibility. Bigger status-quo changes are swept away in comics on a regular basis, it just takes some editors being passionate about the school setting rather than Krakoa, and writers to execute their vision.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Oh it's a definite possibility. Bigger status-quo changes are swept away in comics on a regular basis, it just takes some editors being passionate about the school setting rather than Krakoa, and writers to execute their vision.
    There's nothing remotely interesting about that lame school setting and quite a few thing that's frankly stupid about it,like being a death trap.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-22-2022 at 07:14 AM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    With the whole Krakoa and Arrako thing, is it possible for the X-Men to return to their previous status quo?
    I mean return back to the X-Mansion, Gold and Blue teams and cetera?
    Maybe but... there are some fans that are obnoxiously die-hard about this era. I don't think it would be impossible to go back to something resembling what we had before but how does it NOT turn into
    what we had "in between" which is nothing but extinction event after extinction event. Which was unsatisfying too.

ITT: Something occurred to me. Ironically all that fighting from the X-fans toward the inhuman fans for basically... well for the X-men (and by extension the mutant race) basically BECAME the Inhumans.

Its crazy they have a cool SHTICK but its so similar to what the inhumans were not long ago. Isolationist gene cult living on a moving island. the ontly thing is that some of your personal favorites
    live on this island instead of that one. Strange. I wonder if the Powers of X Would have been an inhuman story line would it have read much more different that what we have now.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Maybe but... there are some fans that are obnoxiously die-hard about this era. I don't think it would be impossible to go back to something resembling what we had before but how does it NOT turn into
    Fans are always obnoxiously die-hard about something or another.

It certainly could but why would it. The message can still be told. No one is interested in the xmen going back to being the persecuted species of the day. To me if it happen it's because more fap material is needed and I'd personally be done. Not that it matters but when krakoa/arrako go or if, I'm out. There's enough persecution without consequences going on in the real world don't need it here too. But jmho.

The funniest part is if mutants utilized stand your ground with their powers we would prob hear how evil they are being.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

If Marvel is smart they won't do something so stupid.

Nostalgia fans can read the last few decades if that want the old days back.