Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Yes because the countries clamoring to get rid of and experiment on their mutants will be more than happy to welcome them back to torture them. People don't want to take in refugees in the real world cause "they taking our jobs." etc. but mutants will be refugees and treated fairly when the whole point made by some is they are dangerous for being born with the genetics to develop super powers. okay. It's very telling there seems to be something inherently against mutants developing a community.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I also don't get the idea that people need to see EVERY mutant or every mutant needs a story line. communities need people, this is a community of mutants. We don't see every wakandian, or every new yorker, or every person in latervia. It's really werid. I think if someone did a deep dive psychological dig on peoples view of the x-men and how that attaches to personal views and biases marvel and disney would actually be stunned. Or how much they let those ordering dictate their story rather than what the fans really want.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I also don't get the idea that people need to see EVERY mutant or every mutant needs a story line. communities need people, this is a community of mutants. We don't see every wakandian, or every new yorker, or every person in latervia. It's really werid. I think if someone did a deep dive psychological dig on peoples view of the x-men and how that attaches to personal views and biases marvel and disney would actually be stunned. Or how much they let those ordering dictate their story rather than what the fans really want.
    There's definitely a large aspect in the fandom of "Why do the writers hate Embolism/Roadrash/*insert mutant character who appeared briefly in an obscure arc of a minor title*?", and maybe you have a point about people attaching their own identify to these characters, to the point of feeling offended when writers don't share that connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    There's definitely a large aspect in the fandom of "Why do the writers hate Embolism/Roadrash/*insert mutant character who appeared briefly in an obscure arc of a minor title*?", and maybe you have a point about people attaching their own identify to these characters, to the point of feeling offended when writers don't share that connection.
    You don't really need to have a connection with something to explore it honestly though. A lot of these writers want to say something about the state of inequality that these characters are experiencing but don't want to do the work to see how to honestly explore both sides of that so it usually comes off as sort of like morrison run for example, "if mutants get together and have power, they will come for the humans." meanwhile in a lot of these situations the other isn't even thinking about the perpetrators and are just trying to live their life. Why would there be more mutant villains or less human reactions just because they are mutant.

Like i'm sorry i can't say they are and i'm not saying anyone is so this is an extreme example but i don't want to read or connect with a closet racist or someone against gay rights trying to explore the xmen. They will never get it, the subtly will never be there.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-24-2022 at 09:22 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yes because the countries clamoring to get rid of and experiment on their mutants will be more than happy to welcome them back to torture them. People don't want to take in refugees in the real world cause "they taking our jobs." etc. but mutants will be refugees and treated fairly when the whole point made by some is they are dangerous for being born with the genetics to develop super powers. okay. It's very telling there seems to be something inherently against mutants developing a community.
    I wasn't really implying that other places would welcome the mutants as refugees, nor did I say I was against the mutants building a community. I said if it happened, there is story potential in that example, story potential I think your post actually highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I wasn't really implying that other places would welcome the mutants as refugees, nor did I say I was against the mutants building a community. I said if it happened, there is story potential in that example, story potential I think your post actually highlights.
    I was more speaking in general which is why i didn't do a direct quote.

Sort of like Thor, i wouldn't want someone who hates mythology or the idea of gods and a world of gods to be writing thor. I mean if they can actually be fair and delve into it and since it's his story find the positives in the darkness, sure, ok. But would i want to read someone who just doesn't get or understand mythology bastardizing thor and trying to make his own personal statements on him and godhood despite his history and marvel's history of it? Heck no!
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I was more speaking in general which is why i didn't do a direct quote. Sort of like Thor, i wouldn't want someone who hates mythology or the idea of gods and a world of gods to be writing thor. I mean if they can actually be fair and delve into it and since it's his story find the positives in the darkness, sure, ok. But would i want to read someone who just doesn't get or understand mythology bastardizing thor and trying to make his own personal statements on him and godhood despite his history and marvel's history of it? Heck no!
    That's fair, and I agree. There is a level of research and cultural awareness that X-writers need to be extremely up to date on, and I think even well-intentioned writers often make big mistakes that come off as deeply insensitive toward their audience (Wolfsbane's death in Rosenberg's Uncanny and Prodigy's death in X-Factor come to mind).

Okay but for real, Hellion needs his own ongoing, and also a harem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The writers kinda invited this with their "every Mutant ever" stuff...

We haven't even seen Ocean yet.

I like using Ocean for this as she did NOT get killed off in the story she was part of. She was instead brutally maimed, but that got fixed. Sure, she was never seen again, but.... that's kinda the point here. Is that a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    With the whole Krakoa and Arrako thing, is it possible for the X-Men to return to their previous status quo?
    I mean return back to the X-Mansion, Gold and Blue teams and cetera?
    Nah. That's boring. I love that the Krokoan means having a pantheon of heroes.

Reading this again i'm reading it differently and i think in a sense, yes, with mutants because of what they have come to stand for over time, there is an essence of waiting for a mutant to pop up that feels as different as you do and i can definitely see people taking it almost as a rejection of how they see themselves when that character does not catch on.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just have Krakoa itself turn out to be evil and manipulating everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Just have Krakoa itself turn out to be evil and manipulating everyone.
    I mean.... are we sure that's not canon?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean.... are we sure that's not canon?
    It would certainly explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    ****, I hope not! This is the most interesting the mutants have been since Claremont's first run.
    I totally agree with you and have been reading about these characters since 1977 give or take. Now maybe they'll build the mansion again but on Krakoa? Split the difference. I don't see a return to "basics" without a full on reboot. It would be time for me to walk away at that point unless it was really well done.