Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Power Girl/Huntress series or even a JSA series with Power Girl and Helena Wayne/Huntress...however what I do NOT want is any series that has the characters from Worlds' Finest or Earth 2/Society...those were not Power Girl or Helena Wayne. Making Power Girl just another Supergirl is such a dishonor to her character, same for Helena Wayne.
    Actually, they were "Power Girl" and "Helena Wayne", it's just they weren't the versions you were use to / liked.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Making Power Girl just another Supergirl is such a dishonor to her character, same for Helena Wayne.
    I agree Karen & Helena were always Powergirl & Huntress not Supergirl & Robin. I loved WORLDS' FINEST but was so not into the new 52 Earth 2 all that much.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    I agree Karen & Helena were always Powergirl & Huntress not Supergirl & Robin. I loved WORLDS' FINEST but was so not into the new 52 Earth 2 all that much.
    I can buy Helena as Robin. Not as an active street hero working with her father, but either as a one time outing with Bruce and Selina being upset by it OR with Helena training using a modified version of Dick's costume but again having her parents very clear that Helena is not becoming a costumed hero. Helena seemed to have a more respectful attitude toward the Batman/Robin legacies in her original incarnations.

Kara on the other hand from her initial appearance was defined by her wanting her own identity. The scene in All-Star Squadron when Sylvester offered her an insignia and she got belligerent on seeing he had modelled it of Clark's was a perfect example. The main difference between Kara Zor-L and Kara Zor-EL was that the latter wanted to emulate her cousin Superman, the former wabted to make her own way in the world out from the shadow of Superman's legacy. So an Earth-2 Supergirl does not seem like the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    There’s a rumor that a 2023 JSA series is coming. And that Powergirl with be back in it, along with the Helena Wayne Huntress. Taking place on current Earth, with Helena being a different Earth refugee, like Karen was.

If true, Helena Wayne and Helena Bertinelli would be operating on the same Earth, just like how Supergirl and Powergirl are.

This would also make Karen not as lonely as she was before.
    Jsa with PG or solo PG! I'll take either!

I wouldn't mind if we got a Helena Wayne Huntress series, if it was like the New52 mini she had.
    Just her fighting crime. No Batfamily heroes to fall back on.
    Maybe her own town somewhere, where she's the only costumed hero.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I can buy Helena as Robin. Not as an active street hero working with her father, but either as a one time outing with Bruce and Selina being upset by it OR with Helena training using a modified version of Dick's costume but again having her parents very clear that Helena is not becoming a costumed hero. Helena seemed to have a more respectful attitude toward the Batman/Robin legacies in her original incarnations...
    Don't forget, for the New 52 (Worlds' Finest Comics / Earth 2) version of Helena, there was no previous Dick Grayson Robin. There was no previous Robin legacy before her.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind a Power Girl/Huntress series or even a JSA series with Power Girl and Helena Wayne/Huntress...however what I do NOT want is any series that has the characters from Worlds' Finest or Earth 2/Society...those were not Power Girl or Helena Wayne. Making Power Girl just another Supergirl is such a dishonor to her character, same for Helena Wayne.
    Yeah, that was a very disappointing turn for the characters. The originals were grown women when the debuted as heroes -- and they didn't develop their skills under the watchful eyes of a mentor. Losing that aspect diminished the characters.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Power Girl absolutely needs something asap.

She's such a unique character among DC's powerhouses and doing story with her as a massive success, running Starr Enterprises and being a superhero would be pretty great. Especially if they want to keep the Earth 2 thing and add the layer of "stranger in a strange land" to her success.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

I honestly don't think PG has had a bestie that didn't feel forced. And I also wonder how popular the idea of putting those two together is, beyond maybe a few die-hard fans of Helena Wayne. After all, she hasn't even been used since the mid 80s, bar the nu52 stuff that most people seem to simply want to forget. But even with the originals, I felt that their friendship was more based on that writing style back in the day where they still wrote mostly for young boys, thus the younger female relatives of Superman and Batman MUST be besties. Then at least, Hunts could conceivably offer something to the partnership, but now it'd be like PG taking Lois Lane out to fight crime---she'd be worse than useless, she'd be a distraction.

That said, I'm all in favor of bringing classic PG back, and if they want, classic Huntress too, (though I get the impression that Helena Bertanelli is the more popular, and frankly better developed version of Huntress today), then by all means, bring her back too. Just don't throw her into the mix as PG's bestie without a very compelling story behind it.

But honestly, if I were to want to put PG into a duo female team book, it would be with Wonder Woman, not Huntress. Much higher profile than Huntress, physical powerhouse PG can't just roll over, with skills and character aspects PG lacks, while PG presumably also has skills Diana lacks, with the magic vs science thing going on. There, you'd have a book with pretty equal leads, but with plenty of conflict both in methods and personality that it would be interesting, especially to watch them gradually become friends through increased respect for each other as they both come to realize the other is just as good and valid in their points of view as they themselves are, just with a differing perspective. But that would take actual effort, so I don't expect anything like it. Instead, we'll just get more of PG playing sidekick to Harley Quinn again.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-07-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

If Ivan Reis were draw such a series, I might buy the collected edition.

IvanReisPGHuntress.jpg

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Personally, love to see Powergirl & Huntress travel through Hypertime/Bleed as a series going through DC, Wildstorm, Vertigo, Milestone, and even into ABC visting Top 10 and dare I say into the AMALGAM UNIVERSE!!!
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Personally, love to see Powergirl & Huntress travel through Hypertime/Bleed as a series going through DC, Wildstorm, Vertigo, Milestone, and even into ABC visting Top 10 and dare I say into the AMALGAM UNIVERSE!!!
    First off, DC has to finish the current Justice Society of America story (issue #1 just came out) that (re-)introduced a Helena Wayne as Huntress.

Then once we know what Geoff Johns is doing with her, then maybe we can discuss a new Power Girl & Huntress title.

This thread makes me wonder what the DCU is right now. Are they doing the Multiverse thing now like before Crisis? Or is everyone on one Earth/universe or whatever?