Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Power girl & Huntress need a new series

I will always be a fan of Helena Wayne & Karen Starr aka Huntress & Power girl, I would love to see the two together in a series where it's just the two or as members of the JSA, BOP or even as members of a revamped Stormwatch team with more Wildstorm characters (which would be interesting as all get out). It was my favorite book during the 52/Rebirth era should have never been cancelled IMHO.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I will always be a fan of Helena Wayne & Karen Starr aka Huntress & Power girl, I would love to see the two together in a series where it's just the two or as members of the JSA, BOP or even as members of a revamped Stormwatch team with more Wildstorm characters (which would be interesting as all get out). It was my favorite book during the 52/Rebirth era should have never been cancelled IMHO.
    But those two went back to the New52 version of "Earth 2", so that ended their need for a separate book.
    They became a part of the cast for the Earth 2: (fill in the blank) stories that continued on from there.

I have no idea what their current statuses are, but wasn't Helena Wayne planning to call herself "Batman" now?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I want a Power Girl solo, but if it means seeing her again, I'll take a PG/Huntress team up book. Helena Wayne is just not my favorite version of the character and I only really appreciate her as Power Girl's best friend.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Do a series but keep OSS as a nightmare than Power girl had.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Personally I would love to see both in their own separate titles (Which I would buy)

Seems like a fantasy wish in an era where non trinity titles are getting axed for more Batman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Do a series but keep OSS as a nightmare than Power girl had.
    Just ignore it. There's no way to reconcile PG being a Maxwell Lord fan in the DCU proper.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Personally I would love to see both in their own separate titles (Which I would buy)

Seems like a fantasy wish in an era where non trinity titles are getting axed for more Batman.
    And yet the adventures of Bruce Wayne's daughter seems like a shoo-in for a series in the Bat-obsessed corner of the DCU.
    Much as i love the JSA- you could even jettison them and simply create an Earth based on Bruce as Batman in some earlier period (say the 1990's) having raised a daughter who is now the main defender of Gotham. Work in things like Power Girl or even other JLA legacies as desired.

Extraordinary Member

There’s a rumor that a 2023 JSA series is coming. And that Powergirl with be back in it, along with the Helena Wayne Huntress. Taking place on current Earth, with Helena being a different Earth refugee, like Karen was.

If true, Helena Wayne and Helena Bertinelli would be operating on the same Earth, just like how Supergirl and Powergirl are.

This would also make Karen not as lonely as she was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    And yet the adventures of Bruce Wayne's daughter seems like a shoo-in for a series in the Bat-obsessed corner of the DCU.
    Much as i love the JSA- you could even jettison them and simply create an Earth based on Bruce as Batman in some earlier period (say the 1990's) having raised a daughter who is now the main defender of Gotham. Work in things like Power Girl or even other JLA legacies as desired.
    Helena seems like a very appropriate contrast to Damian. And where there's a Thomas Wayne as Batman running around, surely some funny book logic could come up with a workable scenario. At the very least a series on the nu52 Earth 2 could be done.

But where DC is currently in a constant Crisis mode and hopefully, they have a rough schedule in place for a reintroduction of the Golden Age characters.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    There’s a rumor that a 2023 JSA series is coming. And that Powergirl with be back in it, along with the Helena Wayne Huntress. Taking place on current Earth, with Helena being a different Earth refugee, like Karen was.

If true, Helena Wayne and Helena Bertinelli would be operating on the same Earth, just like how Supergirl and Powergirl are.

This would also make Karen not as lonely as she was before.
    Not saying it's not going to happen, but I have very little faith in Justice Society of America comic book series rumors . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not saying it's not going to happen, but I have very little faith in Justice Society of America comic book series rumors . . .
    So true. There have been many rumors over the years and they seem to be a very poor indicator of an actual JSA series.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Love to see the return of Worlds' Finest series with the two going through the DC omniverse would be great yet I would be happy with Karen & Helena on Earth two (or is it Earth 2?) with the Justice Society of America
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

World's Finest is already back, but it stars Superman, Batman, Supergirl, and Dick Grayson Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Love to see the return of Worlds' Finest series with the two going through the DC omniverse would be great yet I would be happy with Karen & Helena on Earth two (or is it Earth 2?) with the Justice Society of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    World's Finest is already back, but it stars Superman, Batman, Supergirl, and Dick Grayson Robin.
    The New 52 comic book was "Worlds' Finest" with the plural "Worlds" since Kara and Helena came from one Earth but were originally stuck on a different Earth.

The current comic book is "World's Finest", going back to "World" singular as the series was called in the pre-CoIE days.

As for Captain Midnight's suggestion that
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    . . . yet I would be happy with Karen & Helena on Earth two (or is it Earth 2?) with the Justice Society of America
    That "Earth Two" / "Earth 2" question is a good one, since the New 52 version was called "Earth 2" while during the pre-CoIE days it was either Earth-2 or Earth-Two, but with the hyphen in the name.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a Power Girl/Huntress series or even a JSA series with Power Girl and Helena Wayne/Huntress...however what I do NOT want is any series that has the characters from Worlds' Finest or Earth 2/Society...those were not Power Girl or Helena Wayne. Making Power Girl just another Supergirl is such a dishonor to her character, same for Helena Wayne.