Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MCU Doctor Octopus VS Miles Morales (Into Spiderverse)

Doc was basically a monster that no Spider-Man can legitimately stop. No it’s Miles turn. Can he succeed?

There is no MCU Doctor Octopus are you talking about Sam Raimis Doctor Octopus?

He was in No Way Home, so yes, he was in the MCU.

Anyway, I think invisibility and venom bite is all she wrote. That blast is pretty potent, able to one-shot Spider-people. Likewise, Spiderverse King Pin was basically Hulk-lite and fell to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    He was in No Way Home, so yes, he was in the MCU.
    He was in the MCU sure but that doesn't mean he's the MCU version of Doctor Octopus if he was transported into the Dragonball universe he wouldn't all of the sudden be DBZ Doctor Octopus or the batman 60s unvers would you call him Doctor Octopus 66 I don't think so just think it's kinda odd calling him MCU Doctor Octopus whan he didn't come from the MCU and IST currently in the MCU....
    Last edited by choptop; 05-23-2022 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He was in the MCU sure but that doesn't mean he's the MCU version of Doctor Octopus if he was transported into the Dragonball universe he wouldn't all of the sudden be DBZ Doctor Octopus or the batman 60s unvers would you call him Doctor Octopus 66 I don't think so just think it's kinda odd calling him MCU Doctor Octopus whan he didn't come from the MCU and IST currently in the MCU....
    I agree with this.

By the same logic, Tobey, Andrew and Tom all would be MCU Spider-Man.

They are in the multiversal mcu. Just not the main mcu 616

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I agree with this.

By the same logic, Tobey, Andrew and Tom all would be MCU Spider-Man.
    The only real reason I could see for specifically calling him "MCU" Doc Oc is to include his specific feats against Holland Peter/the Amazing Spiderman villains in No Way Home. Depends on if you would consider his MCU appearance to be truly "canonical" to Raimi Doc vs being a divergent timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    They are in the multiversal mcu. Just not the main mcu 616
    Technically everything is part of the main comics 616 universe so he still isn't MCU doc ock plus the Raimi cam frist so technically wouldn't the Raimi unvers be the main 1?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Technically everything is part of the main comics 616 universe so he still isn't MCU doc ock plus the Raimi cam frist so technically wouldn't the Raimi unvers be the main 1?
    The comics 616 is different than MCU 616. They are not connected (unless the comics are suggesting they are?) both are referred to as Earth - 616 so they are in different realities and not connected.

Raimi universe did come first, but story-wise they got retconned into being a different universe yet still within the MCU multiverse, just like dare devil and the other netflix shows, and most likely the x-men universe to, though they havent stated it yet i think, its an easy step to make since we seen patrick steward as prof X in the mcu (earth 838)

You could make an arguement that Green Goblin and Doc OC are variants since they were supposed to die. same how Loki is a variant in his own series, since our 616 loki died. Toby spidey and Garfield however got pulled out of their universe in current time (which explains their ages). they are the same character, noway home is simply a continuation of their story.

Some people would say they arent the same spider-men as in "their" movies, which seems silly to me. sure the directors changed but they are basically produced by the same people, and played by the same actors. by that logic if a sequel comes out from a franchise with a different director then they arent the same character anymore.

I also wonder if you can call anyone variants anymore anyway, since loki, there are no more pruned timelines.

Kevin Feige also stated that the birth of the multiverse happened in loki, so the garfield and toby universes (among others) probably got pruned because they had a kang variant in them and now got revived by the death of He who remains.

the events of No way home, multiverse of madness and the upcoming secret wars are most likely all thanks to Silvie. i say most likely because its my own theory that other universes already existed, just not universes with a Kang variant. this explains why silvie didnt get pruned for being a girl, but for some action she did, same as the other loki's. so their are instances of people outside of 616 living their lives.

Yea this is giving me a headache hehe...

but i see no problem calling GG (mcu) and Doc Ock (mcu) or calling them (Sam raimi) or (Sony verse) they are meant to be the same character.

I mean it's all part of the marvel omniverse.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Weren't Dare Devil and the other Netflix shows always part of the MCU? I recall the destruction from the Chitauri attack on New York being a minor plot point in Dare Devil and Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Weren't Dare Devil and the other Netflix shows always part of the MCU? I recall the destruction from the Chitauri attack on New York being a minor plot point in Dare Devil and Jessica Jones.
    there are many universes where an attack happened, not just earth 616.

to quote myself from another post

The easiest way i can explain it is, the mcu movies and and the recent disney plus series were created by marvel studios under the supervision of kevin feige. The netflix series were only in association with marvel (agents of shields by marvel television, not studios)
    Feige had no input in the netflix series, so netflix could pretty much do whatever they wanted storywise, if im not mistaken… i think dare devil was even rated R. That already is a red flag for disney hehe..so yea. I think they will explain the netflix shows as a different universe within the multi verse, but not canon to the marvel movies main time line..which also explains why the main mcu dd and kingpin look like their netflix counterparts.
    BUT! i heard DD will return on disneyplus, but unclear if this will be a "new" 616 version or if it will be an continuation of the netflix story.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    They were but I think he's saying that might get retconned to being a different universe. Hard to say with Matt Murdock showing up in a movie, played by the Netflix actor.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The Netflix shows were always part of the MCU. Feige doesn't like the Netflix stuff, however, and kind of kept them at arm's length for a while. That said, fan demand won out and Matt is clearly in the MCU now, and there is no reason to assume that it's any kind of different universe Matt.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

well a matt anyway.

the mcu kingpin feels quite abit different than the one we had in netflix.
    there is also the whole R rated thing the netflix shows has, mcu movies and shows are all PG-13, thats a problem.

also, only the avengers event happened in the DD netflix show, no civil war, no snap, no blip. but i suppose you could say that the DD show and other netflix marvel shows took place in 2012 i guess.

What Kevin Feige produced falls under MCU (in the real world anyway). i'll wait till the new DD show comes out to see if it gets retconned to 616 mcu or not.