Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Earth-2 was pretty good until it was all doom and gloom.

Also Johnny Quick is that guy from All-Star Squadron with the Superman-lite powers, right? And Johnny Thunder is the guy with the genie?
    Johnny Quick's not really Superman-lite he's more Flash-lite. But yeah.

I would've preferred keeping the Earth 2 version around instead of retconning the original. He could've still had Jade and Obsidian just in a different way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The only Wildcat relationships I know about are Hipployta and Dinah's mum but I'm not even sure how canon those are.
    Ted Grant (Wildcat) never had an affair with Dinah’s mom. That was Ted Knight, Starman, that did.

Ted Grant has gotten with many women and one night stands over the years. Including Selina Kyle and the Latina mother of his his out-of-Wedlock son. He also got with the mother of his second-out-of-wedlock son, name Tom.
    Also with Hippolyta.
    And so many numerous other women, that Ma Hunkel had to warn her own daughter, Do Not Get With Ted!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Earth-2 book, at the time, was clearly supposed to replace classic JSA for good so it wasn't just a different character with the same name.
    Will have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Earth-2 book, at the time, was clearly supposed to replace classic JSA for good so it wasn't just a different character with the same name.
    I'd say that version of Alan was of a different reality, rather than say the same character from an altered timeline, so he's certainly a separate character even if they were all meant to "replace" the classic JSA in terms of DC's marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ted Grant (Wildcat) never had an affair with Dinah’s mom. That was Ted Knight, Starman, that did.

Ted Grant has gotten with many women and one night stands over the years. Including Selina Kyle and the Latina mother of his his out-of-Wedlock son. He also got with the mother of his second-out-of-wedlock son, name Tom.
    Did he ever do it with Selina or was it just one sided attraction on his part?

I wouldn't mind if they did it. I've read a couple of comics where Ted and Selina teamed up. He was attracted to her in one of them but they didn't consummate in that comic.

EDIT: Typo. They didn't consummate.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Did he ever do it with Selina or was it just one sided attraction on his part?

I wouldn't mind if they did it. I've read a couple of comics where Ted and Selina teamed up. He was attracted to her in one of them but they consummated in that comic.
    I think it was a flirtation that didn't go anywhere.

Anyone want to buy Molly's origin? The All-American Career of The Harlequin, Up for Auction
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...p-for-auction/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anyone want to buy Molly's origin? The All-American Career of The Harlequin, Up for Auction
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...p-for-auction/
    Interesting. Reading the article I discovered how much Molly /Harlequin character influenced the characteristics of Star Saphire /Carol Ferris.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think we're currently in the "avoid Molly at all costs" stage of Alan's coming out because if that relationship isn't handled exactly right then Alan's going to come off as a tremendous *******.
    It's exactly this. They're probably going to have her be dead so they can say that he stayed in the closet to make sure he never had to break her heart.

I've seen some calls for Jay, which I disagree with entirely given how affectionate he's always been with his wife and how often their marriage is highlighted. They're the sweethearts of the Golden Age.

As for Doc Mid-Nite, Pieter is bisexual in my own head canon, though that's mostly based on the rumors I've heard that Wagner intended him to be gay, his established relationships with women, and the interesting angle of a religious man reconciling his faith with his sexual orientation. I think it takes nothing away from him and only adds/enhances his narrative.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-29-2022 at 01:24 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As for Doc Mid-Nite, Pieter is bisexual in my own head canon, though that's mostly based on the rumors I've heard that Wagner intended him to be gay, his established relationships with women, and the interesting angle of a religious man reconciling his faith with his sexual orientation. I think it takes nothing away from him and only adds/enhances his narrative.
    Pieter Cross? I had thought than most of the calls were for Charles McNider.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I dont see why much of anything has to change about Alans past with females. he can still have dated and love multiple women but not BE in love with them.

These two right here...married 20 years. He's gay and they are BFFs now.

Anecdote is not evidence. There must be multiple cases like this one but also I am pretty sure than there are stories which didn't resolved in the best way. Divorces and families than broke apart and never talked each other anymore or when only one of the parts ended with a happy ending and the other feeling betrayed or cheated and felt stolen of his/her life.

Talking about the case specific of Alan Scott and Molly is set in specific situations. Naturally the easy way is to make retcon of several of the past stories involving Alan and Molly: forget than Alan went to hell to save her soul, how Molly spend practically her whole life waiting for Alan. And it was Alan who stopped her when she was leaving his life.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Anecdote is not evidence. There must be multiple cases like this one but also I am pretty sure than there are stories which didn't resolved in the best way. Divorces and families than broke apart and never talked each other anymore or when only one of the parts ended with a happy ending and the other feeling betrayed or cheated and felt stolen of his/her life.

Talking about the case specific of Alan Scott and Molly is set in specific situations. Naturally the easy way is to make retcon of several of the past stories involving Alan and Molly: forget than Alan went to hell to save her soul, how Molly spend practically her whole life waiting for Alan. And it was Alan who stopped her when she was leaving his life.
    That's great thing about comics. They can have it anyway they want it. He can be bffs with his former gfs/wife or he can never speak to them again.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Pieter Cross? I had thought than most of the calls were for Charles McNider.
    They are, but I think McNider has even less going for him in the modern age. Cross has more angles to tell stories with, and frankly I just find him much more interesting. There's nothing you can tell with Chuck that Alan wouldn't already cover and execute better.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.