Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Issue #3 is out today. What did you guys think?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Issue #3 is out today. What did you guys think?
    Did not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Did not like.
    Why is that? I am honestly just wondering. I am not sure of what to think of the series so far.

They are sticking with this gimmick for awhile as they are doing a War Journal book as well.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Why is that? I am honestly just wondering. I am not sure of what to think of the series so far.

They are sticking with this gimmick for awhile as they are doing a War Journal book as well.
    I disliked young Frank killing at that age. I dislike the storyline with his wife, even if it makes sense. I do like Punisher Versus Ares.

I am just not having a good feeling reading it so far.

Incredible Member

Looking back on its history, Punisher has had some pretty good stories. Most by Ennis, including the acclaimed Punisher Max series.

I prefer Punisher keeping far away from the (greater) Marvel Universe and focusing more on grounded stories. That said, have to give it up for Rucka and Remender who managed to weave him into the MU seamlessly and tell some very interesting/ well written stories.

Now the current run, don't think I'm a fan of the premise.
    >Apart from the fact it's founded on mysticism, the history being cultivated around a young Frank are just ugh. Punisher was born in a moment at Central Park; it was not his destiny. The whole narrative rubs me the wrong way.

>Using people as a tool in his war has been part of his MO. Using the Hand though... not sure just how much I buy that. Given the amount of damage they've done. Yes it can be argued that they are fodder and he's using the opportunity to wittle their numbers down but I haven't seen any indication of this.

>The thing with Maria and the kids, history has shown Frank will never make such a deal (this has come up a few times before). What makes this any different?

Granted we're only 3 issues in but I don't think this is a run (at least this opening arc) I'll put on the same level as some of the past writers nor come back to read in a few years and think otherwise.

On the new logo - what stops it being adopted in a similar manner as the first? (Genuinely asking)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

On the new logo - what stops it being adopted in a similar manner as the first? (Genuinely asking)
    - a lot of those people are christians or fake christians and won't put devil stuff on their cars or whatever

- it isn't as known and they simply don't know about the logo change. there knowledge of punisher and that logo is just "kill bad guys bad ass" and nothing deeper
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Now the current run, don't think I'm a fan of the premise.
    >Apart from the fact it's founded on mysticism, the history being cultivated around a young Frank are just ugh. Punisher was born in a moment at Central Park; it was not his destiny. The whole narrative rubs me the wrong way.
    Exactly. I dislike the notion that this was his 'destiny'. Having young Frank be as much a killer as he later becomes is just irritating to me. That said, I suspect that Frank's ultimate plan to 'end the war' is to kill the Beast.

Ultimate Member

Nothing. It's just to cover Disney's rear.

"They're not wearing the emblem of the Punisher, we changed it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    That said, I suspect that Frank's ultimate plan to 'end the war' is to kill the Beast.
    I agree with you.

I asked this in the Daredevil thread as well but wanted to see if anyone knew the answer to the questions below...

Does anyone know if it is confirmed that Daredevil will run into the Punisher in the near future?

So it seems Daredevil and Elektra are going to finally try to bring down the Hand. Well guess who is kind of at the head of the Hand right now?! The Punisher. With the Punisher having a new series and another series (War Journal) starting soon, Frank and Matt are sure to run into one another right?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Nothing. It's just to cover Disney's rear.

"They're not wearing the emblem of the Punisher, we changed it!"
    I do not believe they will keep the new logo permanently.

Jack Kirby created the Black Panther character at the same time the Black Panther party was created. Checking the dates, neither of them took the name as a reference to the other, it was just a big cosmic coincidence. Still, it was a bit controversial to have a character with such a name back then, so Marvel changed it to "Black Leopard". As you can guess, the change was reverted a few years afterwards.

The controversies over the logo will likely go in a similar path. Remember that some months ago it was said that Marvel may simply retire the character completely, and that did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The controversies over the logo will likely go in a similar path. Remember that some months ago it was said that Marvel may simply retire the character completely, and that did not happen.

They retire Frank I stop buying comics plain and simple.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Jack Kirby created the Black Panther character at the same time the Black Panther party was created. Checking the dates, neither of them took the name as a reference to the other, it was just a big cosmic coincidence. Still, it was a bit controversial to have a character with such a name back then, so Marvel changed it to "Black Leopard". As you can guess, the change was reverted a few years afterwards.

"It was said"

By a bunch of reactionary randos who think that Disney would leave a single penny unclaimed

I asked this in the Daredevil thread as well but wanted to see if anyone knew the answer to the questions below...

Does anyone know if it is confirmed that Daredevil will run into the Punisher in the near future?

So it seems Daredevil and Elektra are going to finally try to bring down the Hand. Well guess who is kind of at the head of the Hand right now?! The Punisher. With the Punisher having a new series and another series (War Journal) starting soon, Frank and Matt are sure to run into one another right?!
    However or whenever it takes place, I'll be looking forward to their long-awaited showdown (XD)