Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I don't believe it ended well/will end well for Frank, one day that kid is coming for him, it doesn't matter how much he begged or cried after Genis-Vell showed him what was going to happen all that kid is going to remember is that his beloved daddy got gunned down by one monster while another one watched. I actually would be interested to see it play out as a Punisher: The End one-shot just out of morbid curiosity.
    Wow I think this a great idea and would love to see it.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

So what are we all thinking of the current series so far? We are a bunch of issues in. A few one shots.

Many people out there are upset about the series, the logo, the way Frank is acting. "That's not my Frank" - Punisher Facebook Groups

I also hear though many like the series so far. Different change. Where are they going with Frank? What is Jason Aarons end game with this outlook?

I am still interested in this series and I like it so far. I do not love it but I do like it. I could nitpick and cry about all sorts of stuff so far. I wont though. Not till the end of the run. I want to see where this all goes. I dont care about the skull change. It will go back to the old one.

As long as Frank is not flying like Superman at the end of this series or shooting red mist at people then I may be ok with this. We will see. I have hope.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Anyone else read the current Daredevil issue? Things are heating up...

It's a very good book.

I don't like it.

It's just not a story I'm interested in. I don't like the background changes to Frank. I don't like Aaron's enormous retcons. Has this dude *ever* written anything that isn't reliant on radically changing the past? The writing is good, the story beats solid. It's all very proficient and consistent.

I don't like it at all.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 11-28-2022 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's a very good book.

I don't like it.

It's just not a story I'm interested in. I don't like the background changes to Frank. I don't like Aaron's enormous retcons. Has this dude *ever* written anything that isn't reliant on radically changing the past? The writing is good, the story beats solid. It's all very proficient and consistent.

I don't like it at all.
    Thats wonderful you should keep reading

I am not a big fan of the history changes as well but I do like most of the story so far.

What does Ares want with Frank? Why come after him?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What does Ares want with Frank? Why come after him?
    Because Frank came at him.

Also, I imagine that Ares will serve as a mouth piece for Aaron to bash people who don't care for the new direction.

The last time Marvel was dumb enough to give The Punisher super powers Marvel had to give us the Garth Ennis run. The over correction to this run is going to be hilarious.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The last time Marvel was dumb enough to give The Punisher super powers Marvel had to give us the Garth Ennis run. The over correction to this run is going to be hilarious.
    Not true. Since the angel Punisher days he's also had a lengthy stint with the War Machine armor and some time as FrankenCastle.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Not true. Since the angel Punisher days he's also had a lengthy stint with the War Machine armor and some time as FrankenCastle.
    Wasn't he also Captain America for a time? Just like in the What If? but with a way dumber costume?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Those weren't very popular either last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Those weren't very popular either last I checked.
    For what it's worth, I enjoyed the time Frank "borrowed" the Iron Man suit from Tony...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-04-2022 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Wasn't he also Captain America for a time? Just like in the What If? but with a way dumber costume?
    He really only wore that outfit for a couple of issues and even then mostly to make one of Captain America's old enemies mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    so what's the solution to this story arc eventually ending then?

"Planet Punisher"? He gets stranded on an alien oppressive planet, then turns to "crime" (the overlords' definition) to lead a revolution?