Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    However or whenever it takes place, I'll be looking forward to their long-awaited showdown (XD)

Same here.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

"Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    To the utmost, I agree!

frank castle.jpg

He shallllllllllllllllll return.

If now Frank Castle was a sociopath killer since he was a child... doesn't that mean that the Marines enlisted a sociopath killer within their ranks?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    If now Frank Castle was a sociopath killer since he was a child... doesn't that mean that the Marines enlisted a sociopath killer within their ranks?
    Eh.

In comics, army recruits probably have a quota of sociopaths to meet.

"Okay, just need three more sociopaths, six more cannon fodders and two more overweight, socially inept computer hackers before taking lunch."

Mighty Member

I'm curious about this. What if it does? They probably enlist sociopaths all the time. It's isn't as if sociopaths go around with a sign on their chest dictating them so. Sociopaths go through life mimicking the traits they know they lack to blend in or obtain their goals. Being seen as abnormal is rarely beneficial in most social circumstances, and often it isn't even a conscious act. It's as natural as code switching. As for the killer part, if this is the only time Frank has killed before becoming a soldier how could they possibly know? And if it isn't, then it's a story beat that is already established.

So, I'm not quite sure of why the Marines enlisting a sociopathic killer is that big of a deal. They've certainly produced a few.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I'm curious about this. What if it does? They probably enlist sociopaths all the time. It's isn't as if sociopaths go around with a sign on their chest dictating them so. Sociopaths go through life mimicking the traits they know they lack to blend in or obtain their goals. Being seen as abnormal is rarely beneficial in most social circumstances, and often it isn't even a conscious act. It's as natural as code switching. As for the killer part, if this is the only time Frank has killed before becoming a soldier how could they possibly know? And if it isn't, then it's a story beat that is already established.

So, I'm not quite sure of why the Marines enlisting a sociopathic killer is that big of a deal. They've certainly produced a few.
    Agreed. Half the guys I knew that joined the military were horrible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Looking back on its history, Punisher has had some pretty good stories. Most by Ennis, including the acclaimed Punisher Max series.

I prefer Punisher keeping far away from the (greater) Marvel Universe and focusing more on grounded stories. That said, have to give it up for Rucka and Remender who managed to weave him into the MU seamlessly and tell some very interesting/ well written stories.

Now the current run, don't think I'm a fan of the premise.
    >Apart from the fact it's founded on mysticism, the history being cultivated around a young Frank are just ugh. Punisher was born in a moment at Central Park; it was not his destiny. The whole narrative rubs me the wrong way.

>Using people as a tool in his war has been part of his MO. Using the Hand though... not sure just how much I buy that. Given the amount of damage they've done. Yes it can be argued that they are fodder and he's using the opportunity to wittle their numbers down but I haven't seen any indication of this.

>The thing with Maria and the kids, history has shown Frank will never make such a deal (this has come up a few times before). What makes this any different?

Granted we're only 3 issues in but I don't think this is a run (at least this opening arc) I'll put on the same level as some of the past writers nor come back to read in a few years and think otherwise.

On the new logo - what stops it being adopted in a similar manner as the first? (Genuinely asking)
    A lot of writers have used the idea--Ennis in particular--that Castle was definitely a ticking bomb long before central park. Ennis depicted him as a grim person from a young age and someone pretty cold blooded that fell in love with violence and killing during his military service. Ennis compared him to a serial killer numerous times. So the idea that there was something dark and terrible inside of Frank long before Central Park is a very old idea.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    A lot of writers have used the idea--Ennis in particular--that Castle was definitely a ticking bomb long before central park. Ennis depicted him as a grim person from a young age and someone pretty cold blooded that fell in love with violence and killing during his military service. Ennis compared him to a serial killer numerous times. So the idea that there was something dark and terrible inside of Frank long before Central Park is a very old idea.
    Agreed. But it was always been tied to his time in the War/military service, which frankly makes sense.

Not his childhood and his "destiny".

Re. "being born in CP" - meant the "mission", which essentially is when the moniker emerged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Yes. The simple answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Agreed. But it was always been tied to his time in the War/military service, which frankly makes sense.

Not his childhood and his "destiny".

Re. "being born in CP" - meant the "mission", which essentially is when the moniker emerged.
    I am not a fan of what they are making Franks childhood out to be in the current series. I understand why they are doing it but come on. The Hand has been watching him since he was a child? They knew before he did that he was "a killer". Ya not buying it.

https://www.cbr.com/chip-zdarsky-daredevil-interview/

Looks like we are seeing Daredevil/Punisher soon. Exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/chip-zdarsky-daredevil-interview/

Looks like we are seeing Daredevil/Punisher soon. Exciting news.
    Couldn't agree more! Cannot wait for this (XD)