Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

FUxBXg_WUAAem7b.jpg

Cant wait for this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I know most of you have seen this but I am sharing for the ones that did not.

Years ago Thomas Jane played The Punisher. The movie was awful in my opinion but Jane was very good as The Punisher.

Years later Jane wanted to do another Punisher movie but they already moved on from him. So he made a short film himself. It is called "Dirty Laundry". It is about 10 mins long and I love it. When I get out of work and have had a bad day I sometimes come home and watch this take. It makes me smile.

The Punisher: Dirty Laundry. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiaSg3IfHao
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    FUxBXg_WUAAem7b.jpg

Cant wait for this.
    Same.

Next week, the first issue of Punisher War Journal: Blitz is being released: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/17/ma...urnal-blitz-1/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Same.

Next week, the first issue of Punisher War Journal: Blitz is being released: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/17/ma...urnal-blitz-1/
    I know I am actually really looking forward to picking up War Journal.

A few more days till "War Zone" comes out. Looking forward to it.

So what did everyone think of War Journal Blitz?

Mighty Member

Really liked it. The Hatemonger seems based on that racist leader George from Seinfeld was mistaken for

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    What an absolutely stellar run.

While there have been fun Punisher stories in the 616, think Punisher should just exist in a Marvel Max series. Especially if it is of such quality as this was.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Really liked it. The Hatemonger seems based on that racist leader George from Seinfeld was mistaken for
    Yes I got that vibe as well.

Just read War Journal Blitz again and I actually like it. I mean this is till not my Frank by any means but he kind of felt like it for a few moments.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    A lot of writers have used the idea--Ennis in particular--that Castle was definitely a ticking bomb long before central park. Ennis depicted him as a grim person from a young age and someone pretty cold blooded that fell in love with violence and killing during his military service. Ennis compared him to a serial killer numerous times. So the idea that there was something dark and terrible inside of Frank long before Central Park is a very old idea.
    Yep. The psychological seeds of the Punisher having been in Frank Castle has been around for a while. Even back when they showed Castle wanting to become a Catholic priest but not being able to reconcile absolving people of their sins. Castle's family dying giving him a reason to go on his bloody crusade and their demise being his last tether to normality is also something that has been brought up.

The Punisher's mental and emotional state varies depending on the writers. He has been shown to completely disassociating the Punisher and Frank Castle sides of himself. Other writers have shown Castle to be a perfectly functioning human being who isn't necessarily driven by a desire to kill those he believes are worthy of his wrath.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Yep. The psychological seeds of the Punisher having been in Frank Castle has been around for a while. Even back when they showed Castle wanting to become a Catholic priest but not being able to reconcile absolving people of their sins. Castle's family dying giving him a reason to go on his bloody crusade and their demise being his last tether to normality is also something that has been brought up.

The Punisher's mental and emotional state varies depending on the writers. He has been shown to completely disassociating the Punisher and Frank Castle sides of himself. Other writers have shown Castle to be a perfectly functioning human being who isn't necessarily driven by a desire to kill those he believes are worthy of his wrath.
    Probably not after circa 2000. Could you point out a certain book?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

the_punisher__3___page_26.jpg

Goran Parlov is to be missed

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    the_punisher__3___page_26.jpg

Goran Parlov is to be missed
    Indeed. Truly a huge loss.

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-04-2022 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.