Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Frank with some type of superpower isn't much different than the volume 2 run where he had supernatural powers, mostly using them for mystic weapons.
    This to shall pass one day and OG Frank/Punisher shall return.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Frank with some type of superpower isn't much different than the volume 2 run where he had supernatural powers, mostly using them for mystic weapons.
    This to shall pass one day and OG Frank/Punisher shall return.
    Or when he was Frankencastle, or even when he had the War Machine armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Frank with some type of superpower isn't much different than the volume 2 run where he had supernatural powers, mostly using them for mystic weapons. This to shall pass one day and OG Frank/Punisher shall return.
    Or when he was Frankencastle, or even when he had the War Machine armor.
    ...or the time he became head of a crime family

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-02-2022 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Mighty Member

So, I'm watching Daredevil season 2...not my first intro to Punisher, first was the Thomas Jane movie, but wow Jon Bernthal is a great Frank Castle. Episode 4 graveyard scene was fantastic and glad the directors let it run longer. Love the relationship b/w Matt and Frank and how Matt just sits there and listens. Heartbreaking monologue and it's there you can finally begin to understand Frank.

Astonishing Member

Read the Punisher issue 6, great stuff, love the action between Ares and Frank and poor Frank, I wont spoil but it reveal a aspect of the Hand Resurrection and its limits.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m really enjoying book more than I thought I would.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Is it the worst take? No.

But it's the kind of take that's hard to walk back (though Aaron did wisely leave room for these changes to be the Hand messing with him).

I much prefer the Punisher having been born in the park, rather than something he was already as a child. It's just too much.
    Ennis definitely pushed the idea that Frank was never a normal person and had violent and sociopathic tendencies long before Central Park. A lot of previous writers have gone that route, so I'm always confused by these complaints.

There is absolutely no way a normal person would become what Frank Castle did regardless of the tragedy. The guy is a remoreseless mass murderer who is never really happy unless he's in a firefight. He likes being what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Ennis definitely pushed the idea that Frank was never a normal person and had violent and sociopathic tendencies long before Central Park. A lot of previous writers have gone that route, so I'm always confused by these complaints.

There is absolutely no way a normal person would become what Frank Castle did regardless of the tragedy. The guy is a remoreseless mass murderer who is never really happy unless he's in a firefight. He likes being what he is.
    I never said other writers didn't push it. It's just not my preferred take. And there's a pretty large gap between a Christopher Hedges fueled 'war is a drug' Frank Castle and a 'murdered four or five people by the time he was a teenager' Castle.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-07-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

There’s a fine line. I think the show/Daredevil show did it well. He always had it in him - but his family was his anchor.

Just read issue #6 and I loved it. Very excited to see where this all goes.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I think that saying he was always a killer makes his actually origin pointless and ignores any tragedy of the character.

Happy 70th Birthday, Gerry Conway (co-creator of Frank Castle: The Punisher):

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think that saying he was always a killer makes his actually origin pointless and ignores any tragedy of the character.
    It for sure devalues his origin by a lot....A LOT.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It for sure devalues his origin by a lot....A LOT.
    I agree to a point.

I mean Frank was kind of a killer before the death of his family. After the Vietnam War he re-enlisted to go back to war in Korea. I believe that is why he changed his last night right?

Frank has always been Frank. I see where the writer is going. I am just not a fan of him killing when he is very young.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime