Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I think people need to remember Reeve was a man who took his stuff very serious. He just wouldn't return to Superman for any good reason. He spent 1987-2002? 15 years away from the character. That's close to two decades. Had he never gotten crippled, and was in good physical shape, Christopher Reeve would return on his terms to do what he wants or if the script is right.

But, definitely if he could work with Richard Donners again.
    He was in a lot of terrible movies, so I don't think he necessarily had the highest standards. The remake of Rear Window is one of the worst things he ever did, so I have to assume he might've gone back to a good Superman script. That said, Michael Keaton was the one I NEVER thought would return, and here it is. He was too worried about being typecast and got a bit too big for his britches in the 90s, then had a huge comedown/humbling, and I think he's back (even when he doesn't need to career-wise) because he realizes for better or worse Batman will be his defining role he's remembered for. That was even more the case for Reeve, and if they could've made the situation work he would've done it. Let's be fair, Smallville's Rosetta is not exactly high art.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    He was in a lot of terrible movies, so I don't think he necessarily had the highest standards. The remake of Rear Window is one of the worst things he ever did, so I have to assume he might've gone back to a good Superman script. That said, Michael Keaton was the one I NEVER thought would return, and here it is. He was too worried about being typecast and got a bit too big for his britches in the 90s, then had a huge comedown/humbling, and I think he's back (even when he doesn't need to career-wise) because he realizes for better or worse Batman will be his defining role he's remembered for. That was even more the case for Reeve, and if they could've made the situation work he would've done it. Let's be fair, Smallville's Rosetta is not exactly high art.
    That, or Reeve just picks bad movies because his agent sends him bad scripts. Not every actor is like Leonardo Dicaprio who is keen on the roles he picks.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    That, or Reeve just picks bad movies because his agent sends him bad scripts. Not every actor is like Leonardo Dicaprio who is keen on the roles he picks.
    Wasn’t he typecast after Superman? Might’ve just wanted to take anything that gave him a chance to show he was more than Supes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    He definitely would have done more Superman-related projects, as one character or another.

It's sad a bit that only this Superman work gets talked about it seems. Street Smart (1987) and Deathtrap (1982) are two fantastic non-Superman Reeve films.
    And Somewhere in Time.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.