Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Marauders #3 Preview

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Deathbird betta live.

So Cassie is in Mags of Bunn (pre-axis)mode on.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think I might just skip the rest of this arc, I really don't care about the space bird empire and whatever atrocities they committed. And the art is very much not for me, that figure work where Deathbird is attacking is painful to look at. Did Cassanadra get a bunch of new superpowers, last I knew of she had telepathy like Charles and that was it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think I might just skip the rest of this arc, I really don't care about the space bird empire and whatever atrocities they committed. And the art is very much not for me, that figure work where Deathbird is attacking is painful to look at. Did Cassanadra get a bunch of new superpowers, last I knew of she had telepathy like Charles and that was it.
    Cassandra always had other powers like telekinesis, manifesting psionic constructs, etc. Not new for her at all.

Thanks for posting!

I really want to like Marauders because I liked the initial stated premise of "the Marauders are rededicating themselves to rescuing mutants." This opening arc is just not pulling me in though but I like the art here a bit more than before.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thanks for posting!

I really want to like Marauders because I liked the initial stated premise of "the Marauders are rededicating themselves to rescuing mutants." This opening arc is just not pulling me in though but I like the art here a bit more than before.
    I don’t think you’re the only one who has been like, “holdup…. This is not what the premise of this book was.”

Can they just restart this whole book with a different artist? I'm begging.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

the book does feel like it's in a holding pattern. hopefully this issue gives us some concrete info as i'm not a fan of dragging one aspect of a story out. You keep talking about the secret without any actually hints and at some point no one will care. But i do feel most have been sidelined by AXE or at least put in a holding pattern.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Telekinesis:

Psionic armor:

Gene manipulation:

On top of world class tp, and a few other ambiguous abilities, I love her and you wound, me!

Mighty Member

Yeah. This art isn’t doing it for me. The coloring doesn’t help. Maybe I just don’t get Steve Orlando’s writing, but I didn’t enjoy Giant Size, Marauders Annual or this current storyline. I know they’re probably going to rescue some group of first mutants, but everything keeps telling us how mysterious it is, but it’s just repetitive dialogue with no info to make us care. They’ll rescue these mutants that have been slaves to the shiar for centuries (that are still alive) and then ship them to Arakko to never be heard of again.

Astonishing Member

The art is growing on me I'm starting to really appreciate the style of it. And seeing Cassandra being delightfully sadistic brings back some very fond memories. When written well she should be able to BODY quite a few powerful peeps. As for the arc and whether it lines up with the premise I thought the whole point was that Maurauders were meant to rescue mutants?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I love the story, but still do not like the art. Because of the art Delphos, Hodinn and Eric the Red do come over as jokes, while they are actually quite something.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I swear Eric's head is getting even smaller.