Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Eleonora Carlini's art has really grown on me since the first issue, I love how full of energy her pages are, also thanks to Matt Milla's colours.

So is Delphos a Shi'ar? I thought they all had feathers instead of hair.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Eleonora Carlini's art has really grown on me since the first issue, I love how full of energy her pages are, also thanks to Matt Milla's colours.

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Same here.
    Third. This could be an animation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So is Delphos a Shi'ar? I thought they all had feathers instead of hair.
    No, she's not Shi'ar herself. The Shi'ar Empire comprises a lot of other races that the Shi'ar either conquered or assimilated, (with many of the various members of the Imperial Guard being examples of this), but there's never been anything preventing non-Shi'ar from holding prominent positions within the Empire, like when Gladiator was Majestor despite being Strontian and not Shi'ar. We've seen that the Kin Crimson seem to be made up of a number of different races as well. Anyway, Delphos is part of an unnamed race of precogs, with the name Delphos being a mantle passed down to any member of her race who serves in the Imperial Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    No, she's not Shi'ar herself. The Shi'ar Empire comprises a lot of other races that the Shi'ar either conquered or assimilated, (with many of the various members of the Imperial Guard being examples of this), but there's never been anything preventing non-Shi'ar from holding prominent positions within the Empire, like when Gladiator was Majestor despite being Strontian and not Shi'ar. We've seen that the Kin Crimson seem to be made up of a number of different races as well. Anyway, Delphos is part of an unnamed race of precogs, with the name Delphos being a mantle passed down to any member of her race who serves in the Imperial Guard.
    Good point. I was mostly asking due to what she was saying about Deathbird , "an echo of our hollow boned past", but what your are saying makes more sense.

Hopefully Delphos will get a Handbook entry explaining her color change and everything else about her.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Good point. I was mostly asking due to what she was saying about Deathbird , "an echo of our hollow boned past", but what your are saying makes more sense.

Hopefully Delphos will get a Handbook entry explaining her color change and everything else about her.
    She changed as she had to revel her true nature as part of Kin Crimson. Same has happened with Hodinn, who was part once of Vulcan's Imperial Guardsmen. Though his reveal was not given much attention.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Can they just restart this whole book with a different artist? I'm begging.
    agree 100%. this are is horrible and is totally ruining a story that is readably interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    agree 100%. this are is horrible and is totally ruining a story that is readably interesting.
    Yall are overexaggerating.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yall are overexaggerating.
    Not really. The art is a distraction from what seems a good story. The Kin Crimson look more campy than intimidating. All the body parts are bending unnaturally and facial expressions are cartoonish. Cassandra Nova could do that thing where manipulates another person's body like putty and it wouldn't have the same impact because the artist naturally portrays people as rubber bands. Less is more.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 05-25-2022 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Not really. The art is a distraction from what seems a good story. The Kin Crimson look more campy than intimidating. All the body parts are bending unnaturally and facial expressions are cartoonish. Cassandra Nova could do that thing where manipulates another person's body like putty and it wouldn't have the same impact because the artist naturally portrays people as rubber bands. Less is more.
    This is an unfortunate and frequent occurrence that can happen in comics.
    The artists employed by Marvel are undeniably talented and effective storytellers, and this artist is no exception, but not every artist's style will evoke the tone of the story the way the author intends their story to be received. The same can be said for inkers and colorists and letterers. Some elevate. Some mitigate. Its all subjective too.

Not every style is for everybody.
    Additionally, when we're struck with those Lightning in a Bottle combinations (like the Hickman, Laraz, Silva, Cowles, Gracia opening salvo of the Krakoan era) many readers associate THAT aesthetic with "serious" storytelling. There is a realistic, cinematic, aesthetic there, with the hyper detailed environments and special effects and body language that sharpens the tone. Whereas in this iteration of Marauders there is a more two dimensional(?) quality and a caricature/animation aesthetic to the figures -- both in the expressions and visual signifiers for emotional responses -- and the exaggerated figure forms, which when pushed DOES lend toward conveying movement and speed and tension in a unique way, but still a vastly different approach compared to the aforementioned "serious" aesthetic many seem to more strongly gravitate toward.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This is an unfortunate and frequent occurrence that can happen in comics.
    The artists employed by Marvel are undeniably talented and effective storytellers, and this artist is no exception, but not every artist's style will evoke the tone of the story the way the author intends their story to be received. The same can be said for inkers and colorists and letterers. Some elevate. Some mitigate. Its all subjective too.

Not every style is for everybody.
    Additionally, when we're struck with those Lightning in a Bottle combinations (like the Hickman, Laraz, Silva, Cowles, Gracia opening salvo of the Krakoan era) many readers associate THAT aesthetic with "serious" storytelling. There is a realistic, cinematic, aesthetic there, with the hyper detailed environments and special effects and body language that sharpens the tone. Whereas in this iteration of Marauders there is a more two dimensional(?) quality and a caricature/animation aesthetic to the figures -- both in the expressions and visual signifiers for emotional responses -- and the exaggerated figure forms, which when pushed DOES lend toward conveying movement and speed and tension in a unique way, but still a vastly different approach compared to the aforementioned "serious" aesthetic many seem to more strongly gravitate toward.

This, if this were PAD’s Captain Marvel or something along that nature, it would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    This, if this were PAD’s Captain Marvel or something along that nature, it would be fine.
    Agreed, I would say this art is perfectly acceptable for Deadpool, but proves to be an eyesore. Not to mention it truly throws me out the of story far as artistic narration goes.

I loved the Annual and didn't like the art there but it felt like a better match than this guy. This is just not my style and certainly not for this kind of book. I'm disappointed as I may buy in TPB since I want to support Orlando.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

This feels like it’s dragging its feet with actually getting anywhere. How many more issues is this current story supposed to be?